Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #81
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, it's 10:30 and I haven't been "drunk" for 6 months. Tonight, is the night...

I got back from visiting my Aunt who is suffering for Alzheimer's disease. The visit was hard, rewarding, fun, depressing, difficult, and fantastic (in how her whole mood changes from start to finish). I arrived there to the ward when people are eating, my Aunt had finished and she was just staring at the wall. Her look was defeated ,and depressed... I selfishly thought to myself, oh no, I'm in for it today. I put my head down and approached her. I lightly put my hand on her shoulder and she looked up. I could she the recognition process begin and then the the tears. I'm trying to visit 2 times a week, as of the first of this month, but it hasn't worked out. This is only my second visit. You see my Aunt was always a strong independent woman and she was smart. So quick. However, she never found a guy, or well she never shared that part of her life. So as a kid I thought she was like a nun... lol She has no kids, and only a niece and 3 nephews and her 2 brothers and one sister in law, my mother. So she's been alone most of her life... But those tears came. I never new my Aunt as an emotional woman. However, Alzheimer's disease is one scarey disease and I don't blame anyone for crying or being afraid. So I told her that we're going out and I'm going to get her some Elvis.

"Elvis! Oh I love Elvis!"
"Ya, I heard."

So she literally downed her apple juice and off we went. This wasn't going to be a quick visit so I thought we'd walk and take the train. That's more fun then a car or taxi. So we walked to the train and I'm holding her hand the whole way. She's at the stage where she repeats herself every 30 seconds. I can manipulate her thought process a little because I'm trying to get her thinking positive, but it takes time... So I just answer her questions and tell her how wonderful she is over and over. It's not really a chore because she stops walking and needs to give me hugs every minute... Really, every minute. So we're giving each other love the whole visit even though I'm the only one who remembers it.

I'm taking her to Future Shop to buy an mp3 player, some speakers and some head phones. We walk past a DQ and she gets all excited.

"Can I have some Ice Cream!"
"Of course we can have some Ice Cream, but let's get it on our way back. A treat for all this walking"

Well, she didn't forget about the ice cream. Funny how that is.

At futureshop we talk to the rep and they don't have ANYTHING that I need. I want to set up the system so that when she turns on the speakers the music plays so I need specific items... But I ordered the speakers so that we could walk together back in a few days. I started paying for the speakers and behind me I hear some singing."

You ain't nothing but a hound dog. Crying all the time... and something something about arithmetic..."

She's singing Elvis and I can't help because that's so not my music... lol So she repeats it over and over and I try to sing along... So funny.

We get to the DQ and we order 2 medium dipped cones.

"8$ please"
Aunt "IS that how much it is!"
"Yes, but we want ice cream and we get ice cream."
"It's too much!"
In my head I'm thinking your damn right! How can a business stay open charging this much for ice cream!
"Auntie, it's ice cream, and I just want you to smile because I love you, and I want you happy."

We hug as the dude holds the cones.

Once we finish there is a big difference in her demeanor. She still doesn't remember much that happened but she's smiling and not talking about how horrible the place she's in is. I know she can't make new memories, but I know that if I can word things so that the pleasant hormones flow she will feel better. And if I continue seeing her and do this then these hormones stick around more and then life won't be so bad for her... I don't know why I'm sharing this... Well, I'm 4 beers deep... and getting my 5th... I guess I'm just needing to get it out and share. I hope it's not a big downer for you.

*My Aunt lived in Edmonton for 20 years so she was an Oiler Fan. I told her, "I'm part of a hockey nerd forum and we wanted to send a CPer to Edmonton to an Oiler dinner to thank Kevin Lowe for his years of service." She laughed pretty good at that. She's been sick for at least 6 years we think and her response was and I quote, "The Oilers are terrible." HA ha ha "Not much has changed Auntie!"

Last edited by To Be Quite Honest; 09-13-2014 at 11:45 PM. Reason: *
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to To Be Quite Honest For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #82
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Your logo looks like a gigantic ass being stuffed into red yoga pants.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2014, 11:31 PM   #83
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Your logo looks like a gigantic ass being stuffed into red yoga pants.
It was supposed to be CP logo in boobs (my fellow CP buddy and I laughed about it and couldn't believe people thought it was a serious entry). But I love the butt idea and I think that's even better! I laughed pretty hard at your comment because it's so true! ha ha ha
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to To Be Quite Honest For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2014, 02:22 AM   #84
formulate
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Wowza it took me a while to find this place. I hope all of my hopes and dreams are safe here! First of all I hope for peace to be resolved across this great planet. Second I hope for equality among its members. And finally I wish that for every dream out there, there is a matching shooting star!

Sometimes the greatest of messages are brought to you by the mediocrest (not sure if an actual word) of people!
formulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:45 AM   #85
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good timing, today is the International Day of Peace.

http://www.un.org/en/events/peaceday/

Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #86
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just Reid to post of fire on ice. Got sick of tring to edit my post to make send so switched over to here. #drunk
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #87
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Back to back posts on forum.drunkpuck? You guys better step yo game up or I'm gonna to start to think I have a problem.
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:08 AM   #88
vanisleflamesfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

"Since I started drinkin' again... I ain't shed one lousy tear over you... since I started drinkin' again..."
Old 12-03-2014, 07:49 AM   #89
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always love when this thread gets bumped.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:22 AM   #90
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

HA HA HA whatever!
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:18 AM   #91
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

A drunk was proudly showing off his new apartment to a couple of his friends late one night. When they made it to the bedroom, they saw a big brass gong next to the bed.

"What's a big brass gong doing in your bedroom?" one of the guests asked.

"It's not a gong. It's a talking clock," the drunk replied.

"A talking clock? Seriously?" asked his astonished friend.

"Yup," replied the drunk.

"How's it work?" the friend asked, squinting at it.

"Watch," the drunk replied. He picked up the mallet, gave it an ear-shattering pound, and stepped back. The three stood looking at one another for a moment.

Suddenly, someone on the other side of the wall screamed, "You #######, it's three o'clock in the morning!"

Last edited by Dion; 12-13-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2015, 12:35 AM   #92
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Today's Liberals are tomorrow's Conservative's. Think about it.

Conservatives fight for traditions and to keep things the same. Liberals want to change traditions and introduce their own ideas and ways. Yet, as the liberald age. They develop traditions of their own. when a younger generation challenge's their way of life the cycle begins again

It seems that history seems doomed to repeat itself' continually.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 02-13-2015 at 02:28 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #93
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Today's Liberals are tomorrow's Conservative's. Think about it.

Conservatives fight for traditions and to keep things the same. Liberals want to change traditions and introduce their own ideas and ways. Yet, as the liberald age, they develop traditions of their own. Then, when a younger generation challenge's their way of life the cycle begins again

It seems that history seems doomed to repeat itself' continually.

If you have no idea how to use an apostrophe, just don't use it at all. Misused is worse than missing.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:13 AM   #94
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
If you have no idea how to use an apostrophe, just don't use it at all. Misused is worse than missing.
This is forum.drunkpuck. You can not expect perfect grammar in this thread. Much of the errors can be attributed to the nature of this thread.

I do agree with what you are saying tho.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2015, 10:39 PM   #95
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every notice how much Morbo acts can be compared to varios stages of a drunk human.

Me after a few.

Me after a few more.
Couldnt find a complete clip.
Morbo: Morbo wishes these stalwart nomads peace among the Dutch tulips...........

Me drunk trying to type on Cp.

Me around the same time. After another few.

Then on those rare nights I am really out of it
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2015, 10:44 PM   #96
Darkwater
Scoring Winger

Exp:

lmao, cheers
Darkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:22 PM   #97
Otto-matic
Franchise Player