Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #261
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I don't think you can say Couture was 60%. That is a reach. Don't really know how Thornton played with that injury.

The last Ducks loss was against the Oilers. They have played them well and won the season series.

What breaks did they get in beating the Sharks?
Game 3 Winner was a ridiculously bad turnover and a backhand I would see in my beer league

Game 5 Turned on a McDavid hit what was about 4 hours late...he goes to the box there and the Oilers don't get two PPs and enter the third down 3-1
Old 04-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #262
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Game 3 Winner was a ridiculously bad turnover and a backhand I would see in my beer league

Game 5 Turned on a McDavid hit what was about 4 hours late...he goes to the box there and the Oilers don't get two PPs and enter the third down 3-1
Sharks still didn't score a goal, so whats the point? No reason to show they lose that game otherwise.

You are going to complain about a missed call? Really? Should we go back and look at all the calls missed in game 1/2/3/5/6 against the sharks?
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 01:30 PM   #263
Zoller
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Honestly, I wasn't impressed with the Ducks in games 2 and 3. They were far and away the better team in Game 1. And Game 4 was close

Seeing as the Flames were probably the better team in 2 of the 4 games, I could see Edmonton actually winning this.
Zoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #264
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoller View Post
Honestly, I wasn't impressed with the Ducks in games 2 and 3. They were far and away the better team in Game 1. And Game 4 was close

Seeing as the Flames were probably the better team in 2 of the 4 games, I could see Edmonton actually winning this.
Vatanen and Fowler should be back for the Ducks which changes things. I think Edmonton keeps this series close but Anaheim is really coming together right now
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:18 PM   #265
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wasn't impressed with the ducks in the first round, but then again, they did exactly what they had to do and won in 4 games.

I wasn't that impressed with the greasers in the first round either, but again, they did exactly what they had to do.

Will the ducks be rusty or healthy? Oilers showed that they could be distracted.

Ducks in 5.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #266
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
...The last Ducks loss was against the Oilers. They have played them well and won the season series...
I don't think this is especially meaningful. Nashville won only one of their six games against Chicago, and that was way back in the beginning of October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #267
verda13
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post

In no way was that hit late..
verda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to verda13 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #268
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think you can say Couture was 60%. That is a reach. Don't really know how Thornton played with that injury.

The last Ducks loss was against the Oilers. They have played them well and won the season series.

What breaks did they get in beating the Sharks?
The turning point in that series was late in the 2nd period of game 5 when with 1 second left in a Oilers PP Burns inexplicably basically pitch forks the puck from behind the net 30 feet over the glass. It was so bad that it looked like he was doing it intentionally. One of the worst plays I've seen by a defensemen this season. The oil had nothing going on at that point and he put them on another PP which the Oil scored on to make it 3-2 going into the 3rd and giving them life. Had he not made that bone head play the Sharks go home up 3-2 in the series.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:05 PM   #269
Groot
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ugh, I have to be in Edmonton for 2 days for work, watching this game at the bar here, pray for me.

Here's some quotes I've heard already tonight..
"The Oilers are simply too big and too fast for the Ducks, nothing they can do to stop us"
"The team deserves this"
"All these years of hard-work are finally paying off, Oilers in 5"
Unrelated
"Some couple in Quebec won $55 million in the lottery. Classless french-speaking pieces of ****, it's not fair".
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:15 PM   #270
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I really don't know who to go with in this series. All I see is players I hate. Perry, Bieksa, Kesler vs. Kassian, Lucic and the Greasers. Nobody wins unless they just beat the holy hell out of each other and Nashville makes quick work of them. That is the only good thing that can happen here.
3rd liner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rd liner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #271
Crumpy-Gunt
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It feels strange to be cheering for Kesler.
Crumpy-Gunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:41 PM   #272
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Getzlaf!
vegasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:01 AM   #273
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

I couldn't watch the game. Turned it on while working out and turned it right off after 10 minutes. I wanted both of them to score a ton of goals on each other and lose. Not gonna watch any more games of this series.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:54 AM   #274
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

I read that Drai is first player 21 or younger to have a 4 point playoff game since Gretzky.
didn't think it would be that rare.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:18 AM   #275
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan?101 View Post
If you're a hockey fan, you'd want to see the world's best player as much as possible regardless of who they play for. Sucks that he plays for rival, but McDavid is a historic player. Be thankful you're alive to witness greatness, this is like witnessing Gretzky/Orr/Lemieux back in their day.
Matthews was a rookie, playing a tougher team, and had a better first round. Matthews is going to be better than McDavid, just watch
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:39 AM   #276
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Matthews was a rookie, playing a tougher team, and had a better first round. Matthews is going to be better than McDavid, just watch
Matthews was also also a first overall pick and generational player. Ovy and Crosby comparison.

People were enjoying watching Matthews too.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #277
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Actually, I would have ventured to say Washington was an easier team to play against than San Jose. Matthews didn't have Vlasic and Braun draped over him, because Washington's D-men, while having an amazing top 5, allow a lot more open ice and don't try to smother the opposition's best player. Crosby will have a ton of room out there.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #278
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

This is as close as I can stand seeing the Oilers get to the cup. Ducks need to cut them off at the knees, now.

Last edited by Toonage; 04-27-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:10 AM   #279
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hate to see the Oilers win, but it was very satisfying to watch the Ducks lose on a fluky deflection goal just like they kept killing the Flames with.

Nice to see McDiver is still in full form, the 2-1 goal was a PP on a penalty that it seemed Anaheim got away with 3 times a game on Gaudreau but don't you touch the golden boy.

Not really impressed with the flow from either team, Anaheim looked rusty and Edmonton looked disorganized, interesting to see how the rest of the series plays out.

In the end though Edmonton got the puck luck and got the job done to take home ice away. Begrudgingly giving credit where credit is due. Really hope Bennett can come close to what Draisatl has accomplished.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:12 AM   #280
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

If Gibson keeps giving up rebounds like that the Ducks have no hope. Kesler needs to be better at pushing McDavid but not going too far and taking dumb penalties. And the Kesler pregame interview about how he has some tricks up his sleeve to contain McDavid was comical, too bad he can't actually follow through on that. I saw McDavid do the fake line change and it seemed to work, surprised it's not more common?
Calgary14 is online now   Reply With Quote