Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #41
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragon View Post
Pretty much this. They're making heaps of money on Hearthstone. I'm sure they're going to make a killing on Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch. Blizzard appears to be shifting their profit streams from huge MMOs with massive overhead to free, lightweight games with in-game purchases.
Hearthstone is amazing just because I really like the WoW trading card game but only have 1 buddy who actually has cards too and plays. I feel like MMOs like D&D Neverwinter will replace WoW as they feel really similar but Neverwinter is more action based and more modern.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #42
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Blizzard will eventually make a WoW 2 / Titan / giant MMO, but there just isn't enough incentive to do it with so many people still playing WoW. I'd say the sub numbers would have to drop to the 1 million range before they would even consider releasing a new MMO.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #43
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I hope that at some point we see a Warcraft 4, that would be great. I love WOW it is a lot of fun I just hate that I have to start all over again every 6 months or whatever it is.

They really nailed HOTS though, at first I wasn't a huge fan but once you get into it the team based play is far better than LoL or DOTA. The only problem is that with a bad troll on your team it is pretty much GG, where as LOL or DOTA you can carry bad players. However the late game ability to come back in matches out weighs this con.

WOW's PvP is still some of the most frustratingly fun I've played in any MMO though.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 08-22-2015 at 04:50 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #44
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone still playing this? Seems like if you had a vanilla wow account you get all the recent expansions now for free
Old 07-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #45
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Anyone still playing this? Seems like if you had a vanilla wow account you get all the recent expansions now for free
Where did you see this?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:13 PM   #46
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I just logged into my Wow account for the first time in years and my last expansion was wrath of the lich king. There has been 3 expansions since then and I am able to play them all without purchasing them. It seems like they have redone their account levels. 19.99 for all the expansions if you don't already have an account or free if you've already played. Looks like the new expansion is out end of August.

Game is also free to play until level 20 also.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #47
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

WoW's been free to play up to level 20 for years now.

Letting people play the last expansion packs makes sense... they want people buying Legion, but can't get there without the others.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:54 PM   #48
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Blizzard mentioned in their Warcraft panel that pre-Legion patch was in to see changes already in the game. Temp stuff that will lead into the expansions include DH class if you pre-bought (I assume that is a no go if you go physical order).
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:37 AM   #49
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
They really should just release a new game at this point. The last 2 xpacs have just been lipstick on a pig.

Give me a new economy, world, quests, etc. Even if it's just a re-hash of the last game (ie WoW2), it's still better than desperately clinging to a game released in two-thousand-goddamn-four.
Diablo II was a serviceable game for a long ass time. When something is good, something is good.

Having said that, I've never played WoW, but I know the masses do.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:51 PM   #50
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The game definatly seems like less of a grind than it used to. If you played back in the day you will make a killing from selling old materials. I sold a golden dranite for 5k gold. The new auction house app is a nice addition.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #51
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
The game definatly seems like less of a grind than it used to. If you played back in the day you will make a killing from selling old materials. I sold a golden dranite for 5k gold. The new auction house app is a nice addition.
Eh, inflation makes people throw money around way more than normal. Garrisons have really messed up the game economy.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #52
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always liked to mess with the economic system. Made it a silly goal to keep up with the gold limit since vanilla.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #53
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

From the panel over the weekend:

Old 07-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #54
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 07-30-2016, 03:56 AM   #55
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

The Demon Hunter class is so much fun, but I'm sure after a month or two after this goes live I'll be bored again.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:50 AM   #56
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just re-upped so that I could re-learn everything before the new xpack drops. Unsurprisingly, as a hunter, I have to re-learn everything again.

Also, they've stated that anyone who pre-buys the xpack will get access to the Demon Hunter class on Aug 9, if you want a jump on leveling one.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:18 AM   #57
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Up to 86 on my priest. I'm actually liking the pandaria zone. Seems like levelling is so much easier then it was in the past.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #58
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Leveling is definitely easier in the older zones, I am sure 100-110 will still be a huge grind.

I've been fighting off reactivating, playing board games and HOTS instead.. but I know at some point I will want to check out this new expansion. The fact that you don't need separate suits for PvP and PvE anymore is huge imo.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #59
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

yeah thats nice. You can also have 2 specs to switch to without going to the trainer to respec
Old 08-05-2016, 02:46 AM   #60
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

I found the 100-110 no worse than any other expac, mind you I'm not sure if we had less XP for beta. I like that you can choose which zone to start in, and not be forced to go the same way as everyone else, that should make the start of the xpac smoother since you can be in one of 5 different zones to start out with.