Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #621
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
What? You disagree that it was bonkers? Didn't you just say there was illegal withholding of evidence?
I have no idea what your getting at.

If Martin had been white, and the jury would have seen the same witnesses and heard the same facts they couldn't have convicted.

Even though the judge tried to make it easy for them to convict on something.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #622
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I would hope that there aren't riots. This is nowhere near the Rodney King case.

I will argue that if there are riots then the media, and Benjimen Crump are highly responsible for it.

Yeah really.. I mean, it's not like a hockey team in BC lost ffs. Seriously, they'll be incidents and I really hope no one gets hurt- and that something like this doesn't happen again. The riots have been planned with social media and good ol Jesse Jackson is on his soapbox urging people not to riot.. so he's not drawing any attention to the race card or anything.
BigBrodieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #623
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Why should race play a part? You're asking me why racism exists? I dunno, some people don't like people that are a different other people, God knows why. But all I'm seeing on the internet right are hypothetical scenarios... what if the entire jury isn't white, and of course what if Zimmerman is black and Trayvon is the half-black-half-Peruvian-half-white-half-Jovian mix. This is the United States and race will always matter.
Umm the jury wasn't all white.

According to reporters there was a non white on the jury.

And remember the prosecution had just as much say in the jury as the defense.

On top of that woman were preferable for the prosecution.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #624
tjinaz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjinaz View Post
VA

And what happens if after the investigation it is found there is nothing wrong?

valo403 - The likelihood of that occurring is about 0.0000001%. There is already publicly available information that at the very least should have resulted in the local police force engaging in a more thorough investigation. Do you honestly think that this investigation was done properly based upon what is known? This isn't about the end result of the guilt or innocence of Zimmerman, it's about a police force doing its job properly and a state law that opens the door for unstable people like Zimmerman to take on a self proclaimed vigilante role and kill people.
Wow... I guess i should just go to vegas now with those odds.

But... But .... but... Zimmerman was tried and convicted in the court of the main stream media... what difference should the facts make.

This was race/political from the very beginning. The police dept was not racist, it was fairly clear from the very beginning of this that the evidence corroborated Zimmerman's story. If it were not for the politics and race aspect of this entire case it would never have gone to trial. Now we are seeing a judge allowing things that are uncharacteristic and a DA suppressing evidence to advance a specific agenda. Why is this? and better yet why is the press pushing one side and people buying it? Half this board was ready to convict Zimmerman with out a trial and calling the police force racist, yet when the evidence is presented this is clearly not the case.

The same people that pride themselves on being so very scientific are the same ones ignoring the facts and judging based on ideology in this case.

Last edited by tjinaz; 07-13-2013 at 09:34 PM.
tjinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #625
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

lololol
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #626
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrodieFan View Post
Yeah really.. I mean, it's not like a hockey team in BC lost ffs. Seriously, they'll be incidents and I really hope no one gets hurt- and that something like this doesn't happen again. The riots have been planned with social media and good ol Jesse Jackson is on his soapbox urging people not to riot.. so he's not drawing any attention to the race card or anything.
Rioting would be the worst thing that could happen in terms of the Black Community.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #627
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's crazy down here right now, regardless of what you think of the case a 17 year old young man will never live another day, another man will never be able to live a normal life again because of this.

Lets just hope that the idiots dont riot because of this, I was going to go out tonight but decided that it wasn't a good idea since I have some of my German friends texting me that they're being harassed by people downtown
Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #628
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Stay inside tonight and stay safe. I hope cooler heads prevail.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #629
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have no idea what your getting at.
You: Evidence was held, she should have called a mistrial.

Me: Agree, it was bonkers.

You: I have no idea what your getting at.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #630
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sorry Acey, I totally misread your post.

two glasses of scotch on a Saturday will do that.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #631
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

lololol
Old 07-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #632
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry Acey, I totally misread your post.

two glasses of scotch on a Saturday will do that.
No prob. I agree with everything you've said here.

And I'm not racist and I love everyone and I agree with the verdict based on the evidence and I wasn't serious about wanting people to riot.

Rioting is so pointless anyway. What is it going to accomplish aside from massive destruction of property?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #633
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hernandez needs to get the case moved to Florida more than anything. Though he sounds like such a sociopath he may have commited crimes there anyways.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #634
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
IIRC it was Zimmerman doing the racial profiling. Zimmerman may be a minority but he doesn't fit a blatent prejudicial racial profile.
Well remember that the residents of the community created the neighbourhood watch after a string of break-ins, robberies and burglaries however they define those. Zimmerman was elected coordinator for it and given a description of the criminals from the victims and witnesses, including his black neighbour, as young black men.

So were into the slippery slope of racial profile, but Zimmerman didn't decide Martin was up to no good because he was black, he thought he looked suspicious and matched the very basic description he had, which instead of nitpicking on race we could call him a sexist as Martin was a man or an ageist cause he was young. By all accounts Zimmerman has nothing against black people, probably because he's part black so I think calling Zimmerman a racist like the media made him out to be, or even saying he was racial profiling is unfair. Even if you think he was guilty of everything else.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #635
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dude's got a point...

Old 07-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #636
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

Quote:
Stay inside tonight and stay safe. I hope cooler heads prevail.
Most informal polls the last few days had the public thinking not guilty would be a likely verdict. The open, televised trial helped with that.

I doubt you will see any riots.

Those who need this to be about black versus white, like NAACP, will bluster and try to push it further into the future.

The USA Justice Department says it is reviewing all the evidence presented and looking for civil rights violations but there are none there so look for that avenue to die a natural death.

Mark O'Mara looked like he was looking forward to combatting a civil case. And this isn't the same as the obvious nature of the OJ Simpson civil case.

Cowperson
Old 07-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #637
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

There might be some gatherings and protests, be riots seem unlikely. This isn't Rodney King, which was both totally obvious, and the police committing the crime.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #638
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dude's got a point...

Not even close, The state showed that he was in a club with a weapon and no gun permit then shooting himself, not to mention the area he was in was a gun free zone.

The state proved it's case against him, the state didn't against Zimmerman.

Also the trial showed that zimmerman was jumped while walking back to his car after loosing martin. When that came out the case was lost
Old 07-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #639
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Well that's a bit disappointing. Somebody should riot.
People should riot over the stupid gun laws, this case was high profile because of the southern race card but every day a similar shooting happens somewhere in the wonderful US of A.
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #640
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Not even close
That and the Hernandez pic are jokes, I didn't think it needed to be said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
People should riot over the stupid gun laws, this case was high profile because of the southern race card but every day a similar shooting happens somewhere in the wonderful US of A.
This post was made in jest, and I agree that guns are out of control in the US but I generally refrain from giving my full thoughts on that.

Last edited by Acey; 07-13-2013 at 10:03 PM.