Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2016, 12:41 AM   #461
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I'm not so much confused as overwhelmed. So much to process.

At the end of it all Maeve came back for her daughter and now the hosts are conscious and they aren't happy. Ford is dead. William is alive but looking to be in trouble. Is the Samurai part safe? Did just the western hosts go nuts?

Is season two about survival for the guests? Does the park continue?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:46 AM   #462
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I hope season 2 takes place in samurai world. Excellent show.
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:54 AM   #463
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Season 2 might not start until 2018
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:56 AM   #464
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Meh. 2018 is only 13 months away.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:43 AM   #465
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Great episode. Someone on that show likes Radiohead.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:52 AM   #466
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Meh. 2018 is only 13 months away.
Well it would be late in 2018
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:49 AM   #467
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Well it would be late in 2018
I'd guess spring. With Game of Thrones being delayed next season, it will probably start next fall and Westworld will take over GoT's spot in the spring.

EW has a post-finale interview with Ed Harris up and he says they'll likely be shooting next season in June or July. That should work with a March/April 2018 air date.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:14 AM   #468
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Great episode. Someone on that show likes Radiohead.
That would be the showrunner.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #469
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

a TV masterpiece, season 1. i read somewhere online that they had everything already in place, story wise, and it wasn't going to be like other shows where everything was cobbled together as they go. the results speak for themselves. incredible season. im glad i stayed away from the internet and didnt let the identity of the MiB reveal get spoiled for me; it was worth it. i didnt see it coming and me and wife were both jaw drop shocked.

cant wait for season 2, which, sadly, appears to be a ways off.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 AM   #470
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm somewhat confused though as there seems to be a major plot hole. Ford discusses with Dolores that she is the one who killed Arnold and it almost stopped the Park from opening but that at the same time she also helped save the Park by making William fall in love. These events with William occur with the Park already opened though so I'm confused how that works.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #471
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
I'm somewhat confused though as there seems to be a major plot hole. Ford discusses with Dolores that she is the one who killed Arnold and it almost stopped the Park from opening but that at the same time she also helped save the Park by making William fall in love. These events with William occur with the Park already opened though so I'm confused how that works.
Early in the season, shortly after William and Logan arrive at the park, Logan mentions to William how the park is bleeding cash because of an incident with a partner that Logan's company and his team of lawyers can't find anything about. So it seems the park stumbled out of the gate despite Arnold's actions, but may have folded quickly if not for Logan, then William's, intervention via Delos.

They allowed it to become Disneyworld instead of Euro Disney. Although I guess what is now Disneyland Paris actually does OK. So that may be a bad analogy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2016, 08:52 AM   #472
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Robert Ford = Robot Ford in that last scene? I thought I read somewhere Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris were signed on for a second season awhile back. Was it something to just throw us off the ending?

I love the idea of a second park. Might be a bit of a jump to explore those given what we've been watching lately with the western theme.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #473
me_dennis
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
So Robert Ford = Robot Ford in that last scene? I thought I read somewhere Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris were signed on for a second season awhile back. Was it something to just throw us off the ending?

I love the idea of a second park. Might be a bit of a jump to explore those given what we've been watching lately with the western theme.
I was thinking about this but maybe Ford really did get shot, but he was building a robot version of himself to live on as a Robot with consciousness. Maybe he wanted Delores to find her consciousness so she can show the Robot Ford and he can live on as an immortal.
me_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #474
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post

Hopkins could be back in flashbacks. I presume the show will continue to rely heavily on those. Or maybe we didn't see the real Ford die. He may have made decoy copies of himself.

The MIB is still alive. He also finally has what he wants, a game that isn't rigged. He's spent his life preparing for this, so I don't imagine he'll go down quickly.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #475
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Not quite sure I understand Arnold's endgame. Telling Delores she has to kill all the hosts? They're hosts, they'll get patched up and sent right back out. I get the having her kill him part but the kill all the other hosts bit doesn't make a tonne of sense.

And classic JJ Abrams forgetting about plot points, are we to assume that Security guard McStrongjaw died in the Indian attack? This doesn't seem to be the type of show to have off screen deaths like that. Nevermind the girl he was looking for and her signal.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #476
me_dennis
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Not quite sure I understand Arnold's endgame. Telling Delores she has to kill all the hosts? They're hosts, they'll get patched up and sent right back out. I get the having her kill him part but the kill all the other hosts bit doesn't make a tonne of sense.

And classic JJ Abrams forgetting about plot points, are we to assume that Security guard McStrongjaw died in the Indian attack? This doesn't seem to be the type of show to have off screen deaths like that. Nevermind the girl he was looking for and her signal.
I think Arnold's initial goal was to have the hosts gain their own consciousness so that they seem more "real", but I think eventually he figured that this could be super dangerous, which is why he wanted to shut down the park by killing the hosts and himself.

Ford probably caught on to Arnold's work with the consciousness and wanted to use this to fuel his obsession with the hosts and the park and he wanted to live on immortally as a robot.

I think once Delores figured out the "maze" (or gaining her own consciousness) Ford knew it was time to debut his new narrative, with Wyatt (Delores) killing everyone, including Ford and the Delos board, and so he can come back to Westworld as Robot Ford (the robot that he was building in his house in the woods). He will then learn how to gain consciousness from Delores.
me_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me_dennis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2016, 09:35 AM   #477
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Early on the hosts were more mechanical and slower to repair. I think he thought that by killing himself and destroying the hosts he could set them back enough that Ford wouldn't be able to recreate it without him.

I really liked the theory of consciousness presented here. That when programming (Arnold's voice) becomes indistinguishable from how you react to previous situations you become conscious.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2016, 09:42 AM   #478
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And classic JJ Abrams forgetting about plot points, are we to assume that Security guard McStrongjaw died in the Indian attack?
  • JJ Abrams has nothing to do with the writing or plotting of the series
  • There is no way the showrunners and writing team have forgotten this plot point
Old 12-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #479
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Early on the hosts were more mechanical and slower to repair. I think he thought that by killing himself and destroying the hosts he could set them back enough that Ford wouldn't be able to recreate it without him.

I really liked the theory of consciousness presented here. That when programming (Arnold's voice) becomes indistinguishable from how you react to previous situations you become conscious.
Suppose that makes sense, just felt like busy work to kill things that were literally created to be killed and brought back over and over again. Agreed about consciousness and the maze. I'm glad it didn't end up being a physical place, that would have been odd.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #480
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

I had such high hopes for this TV series and its exceeded my lofty expectations, what an outstanding show, up there for me in my top 5 of all time.