Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 06:16 AM   #7781
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
You do realize these so called Trump supporters are mostly just paid actors of sorts and are hand picked because they are long time conservative members with thick skin and smart enough to put up sort of a debate, Lord is a political author who worked under Reagan and was on his short list for COS and assuming the blonde chick you speak of is Kayleigh McEnany, she just happens to be a lawyer who recently graduated from Harvard Law School
No, sadly they aren't. These are the True Believers that delusional idiots surround themselves with so they are insulated from reality. These True Believers create the reality that the Dear Leader needs to hear to keep driving forward on the agenda these True Believers need to keep their own delusions going. These True Believers, and their Dear Leader, have a symbiotic relationship. Remove one, and the other withers and dies.

Ironically, a True Believer doesn't necessarily grow out of the shadow of a leader. Many times these True Believers will search out for a useful idiot they can make their own, and the mold them into the shape they need to forward their agenda. The right useful idiot will grow and morph into the creature the True Believers need, like Trump has done, or like George W. Bush did for the neo-cons. So long as the ego and id is managed, the super-ego will follow and remain in check. As long as the Dear Leader is fed the right stream of aggrandizing information they will continue to be that useful idiot to the cause. Once the Dear Leader is on the hook, it is just a matter of managing them and keeping them happy with information that feeds their ego.

A great example of this is the delusional idiot and True Believer, Rich Higgins. He delivered a memo that describes the intricate network of fantasy characters out to get Trump and those who follow him.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/10/...p-the-nsc/amp/

If you have a half hour, and don't mind the headache that will come with exposing yourself to toxic sludge, read the memo. But be prepared. These are the ravings of a lunatic, where enemies from all aspects of the political sphere, many of them contradictory in nature, are working to destroy Trump, and with him, America's last chance at greatness. These people are ####ing nuts, and they went out of their way to find someone who is just as ####ing nuts as them to be their useful idiot. Without those True Believers, Trump withers and dies a very embarrassing and painful death. Without Trump, those True Believers are forced to the fringe and once again become the nutbars they have always been considered.

Support of this can also be found in the daily briefs Trump receives.

https://news.vice.com/story/trump-fo...ws-white-house

Without these multiple ego stroking sessions, Trump would quickly succumb to the reality he's facing and implode under the pressure. But he is continually fed disinformation and misinformation to keep his ego fully stoked, his mouth moving, and doing the bidding of his True Believers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 06:44 AM   #7782
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

If trump took a dump his desk, Lord would defend it.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:43 AM   #7783
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Without these multiple ego stroking sessions, Trump would quickly succumb to the reality he's facing and implode under the pressure. But he is continually fed disinformation and misinformation to keep his ego fully stoked, his mouth moving, and doing the bidding of his True Believers.
This is spot on, its clear he's not a very bright man, easily distracted, quick to anger, obsessed with ratings and being liked by the mainstream media... He is being managed by his inner circle the way you manage a difficult family member, you know what they need to hear and what you cannot say, you know how to manipulate them to do what you want them to do.

It's very very clear that this President whether this is just who he has always been, or is in mental decline in his later years; is simply a puppet of people around him who they are having difficulty controlling because of his temperament and impulse control.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:55 AM   #7784
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

This is worrisome stuff, uff...

Old 08-11-2017, 08:20 AM   #7785
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sam Bee continues to slay.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:29 AM   #7786
Knut

Exp:

Trump's tweet this morning

Quote:
Military solutions are now fully in place,locked and loaded,should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!
Old 08-11-2017, 08:30 AM   #7787
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
No, sadly they aren't. These are the True Believers that delusional idiots surround themselves with so they are insulated from reality. These True Believers create the reality that the Dear Leader needs to hear to keep driving forward on the agenda these True Believers need to keep their own delusions going. These True Believers, and their Dear Leader, have a symbiotic relationship. Remove one, and the other withers and dies.

Ironically, a True Believer doesn't necessarily grow out of the shadow of a leader. Many times these True Believers will search out for a useful idiot they can make their own, and the mold them into the shape they need to forward their agenda. The right useful idiot will grow and morph into the creature the True Believers need, like Trump has done, or like George W. Bush did for the neo-cons. So long as the ego and id is managed, the super-ego will follow and remain in check. As long as the Dear Leader is fed the right stream of aggrandizing information they will continue to be that useful idiot to the cause. Once the Dear Leader is on the hook, it is just a matter of managing them and keeping them happy with information that feeds their ego.

A great example of this is the delusional idiot and True Believer, Rich Higgins. He delivered a memo that describes the intricate network of fantasy characters out to get Trump and those who follow him.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/10/...p-the-nsc/amp/

If you have a half hour, and don't mind the headache that will come with exposing yourself to toxic sludge, read the memo. But be prepared. These are the ravings of a lunatic, where enemies from all aspects of the political sphere, many of them contradictory in nature, are working to destroy Trump, and with him, America's last chance at greatness. These people are ####ing nuts, and they went out of their way to find someone who is just as ####ing nuts as them to be their useful idiot. Without those True Believers, Trump withers and dies a very embarrassing and painful death. Without Trump, those True Believers are forced to the fringe and once again become the nutbars they have always been considered.

Support of this can also be found in the daily briefs Trump receives.

https://news.vice.com/story/trump-fo...ws-white-house

What does this have to do with Jeffrey Lord? Lord was in on the joke the whole time. He played his role to perfection. It was all about airtime for him. CNN understood that. Why bring up Higgins?
Old 08-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #7788
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone wanna come over and help me build my nuclear fallout shelter?
Old 08-11-2017, 08:41 AM   #7789
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Originally tweeted on October 17, 2012...

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Polls are starting to look really bad for Obama. Looks like he'll have to start a war or major conflict to win. Don't put it past him!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 08:48 AM   #7790
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Meh, when the big one comes, I'm going to cover myself in flour and 11 herbs and spices and stand ontop of a building.

That was future generations can discover my crispy extra flavorful self and wonder what the hell was going on.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #7791
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Meh, when the big one comes, I'm going to cover myself in flour and 11 herbs and spices and stand ontop of a building.

That was future generations can discover my crispy extra flavorful self and wonder what the hell was going on.
I was quasi serious. If it ever came down to armed conflict, which almost look imminent, I would 100% guarantee Trump would bungle it beyond anything imaginable and there would be nukes flying all over the damn place. I think he genuinely WANTS to be a war time president.

These days everything freaks me out though with my first baby on the way.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:04 AM   #7792
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can do cool secret door book shelves now...if you need any...for your fallout shelter.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #7793
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Mueller must be getting really close.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #7794
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm in the process of building a nuke-magnet, so when the bombs start flying they'll land right on top of my house, guaranteeing that I'm vaporized.

- Surferguy
Old 08-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #7795
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
What does this have to do with Jeffrey Lord? Lord was in on the joke the whole time. He played his role to perfection. It was all about airtime for him. CNN understood that. Why bring up Higgins?
Because Lord is one of those True Believers. Anyone who thinks his schtick was an act is sorely mistaken. Lord is one of those enablers.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #7796
Knut

Exp:

I am just going to get into my Fridge.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #7797
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I need a bigger fridge!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #7798
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bomb shelters were probably effective in the 50's because the bombs weren't accurate, or all that big and accuracy was a problem with them as well. So if you jumped in and the blast was far enough away, all you had to worry about was not being in a upright position when the thermal pulse reached you and not staring into the explosion.

But those bombs were tremendously dirty bombs so a fall out shelter makes sense.

Nowdays if you live in a major city, or even in a city with what's considered a strategic location (industry, logistics point, or military asset) your best defense is not being within a hundred miles of it.

Frankly if the Russian's for exampled decided to nuke Calgary which is a strategic target, they're hitting us with probably multiple missiles each with probably 10 war heads each, ranging from a 50 kt war head to something like a true city buster with a 20 mt yield. The fallout would be cleaner, but the bomb shelter wouldn't save you.

There's a nuke map simulator here.

I targeted Calgary with a theoretical strike from a North Korean 10 kt bomb which was the size of the bomb they tested in 2013.

10 kt

This is a 1.2 MT bomb which is a strategic war head blast

This is the blast to thermal pulse radius of the Tsar Bomb

Look, at the end of the day, I doubt there's going to be some city busting nuclear exchange here, I doubt that Trump is going to fire nukes into North Korea, I doubt that he's even going to do something conventionally, at the end of the day we'll see crushing sanctions.

North Korea is going to do what North Korea does, however they're going to add a nuclear dimension to the equation, but Kim isn't going to first strike Guam or South Korea, he can survive sanctions, by selling heroin and other money generating activities, but he's even rational enough to know that he won't survive a US land and sea based invasion, and he can't run to China to hide. He certainly won't survive a Nuclear exchange.

Kim isn't a martyr type, he probably doesn't believe in heaven or hell, he believes in the now, as in how many teenage girls can I screw while stuffing burgers and fries in my fat mouth while drinking expensive cognac.

Those guys don't nuke anything.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 08-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #7799
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Out of curiosity, what do the circles mean?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 08-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #7800
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Out of curiosity, what do the circles mean?
https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

fireball radius, destroyed building radius, burn radius.
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms