Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2017, 07:39 PM   #321
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow the Refs just cost someone $1million on that kick off return. It wasn't a penalty and the Argo returner was 15 yards from the end zone.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #322
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Wow the Refs just cost someone $1million on that kick off return. It wasn't a penalty and the Argo returner was 15 yards from the end zone.
I just tuned in 10-15 minutes and saw that BS illegal blocking call on that punt return TD. That was a terrible call by the referee. I couldn't see any illegal block anywhere. The last one when a Bomber player fell towards #84.

What do you mean $1M? Did the same guy returned a punt for TD earlier? Wow, he came close on that last return.

Argos are out of luck too. Two end zone passes by Ricky Ray were both dropped. How the heck did they dropped those balls?
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #323
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

borderline pass interference. I say that shouldn't even been a PI.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #324
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
I just tuned in 10-15 minutes and saw that BS illegal blocking call on that punt return TD. That was a terrible call by the referee. I couldn't see any illegal block anywhere. The last one when a Bomber player fell towards #84.

What do you mean $1M? Did the same guy returned a punt for TD earlier? Wow, he came close on that last return.

Argos are out of luck too. Two end zone passes by Ricky Ray were both dropped. How the heck did they dropped those balls?
The Safeway $ 1 million dollar prize is 2 kick off returns for a touchdown. By any team. The Bombers returned the first play of the game back.

If i was Karen from Winnipeg I would be suing that idiot ref!!!!

Way easier to win than the NHL one player scoring 5 goals in a game.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #325
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

bombers just dont seem that good so far this season. really disappointed with how disjointed we are.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:22 PM   #326
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You almost wonder if the officials were instructed to call something to prevent a million dollar winner. There was nothing there at all. Maybe one of the all time worst calls on a return ever.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #327
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
You almost wonder if the officials were instructed to call something to prevent a million dollar winner. There was nothing there at all. Maybe one of the all time worst calls on a return ever.
That definitely crossed my mind. I can picture some Sobey exec on his 2 cellphones calling CFL control after that first play, telling the refs to throw at least one flag on the remaining kick offs for the rest of the game.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:30 PM   #328
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That definitely crossed my mind. I can picture some Sobey exec on his 2 cellphones calling CFL control after that first play, telling the refs to throw at least one flag on the remaining kick offs for the rest of the game.
I don't doubt they have the insurance to pay the $1 million but what about the rest of the season? Would it be the major price be over or could they possibly have to pay another $1 million price if it happens again? Pretty suspicious given how late the flag was as it was evident he was going to score and the fact there was no infraction on the play.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #329
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a more blatant penalty than the bogus one on the kick return and they don't call that.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:55 PM   #330
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

This officiating crew is ####ing ####.

These officials appear to be Bomber fans tonight.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:00 PM   #331
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now they can't get the down right. Jesus.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:06 PM   #332
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Definitely one of the worst officiated games in some time and that's no easy feat in the CFL. Field totally slanted towards one team and it's not even fair.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:29 PM   #333
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

How the #### do the idiots I mean the refs miss that hit to the head on Ray? Disgusting.

Old 07-14-2017, 01:18 PM   #334
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice job CFL and Sobeys!!

Quote:
Canadian Football League Commissioner Randy Ambrosie spoke with Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan and Safeway and Sobeys’ Touchdown To Win contestant Karen Kuldys today and invited her and her family to attend this year’s 105th Grey Cup presented by Shaw in Ottawa as VIP guests of the League.
Quote:
“We’re all fans and whatever team you root for, we would all love to see a CFL fan win a million dollars. So we all feel for Karen and what she must have gone through last night, and what she must still be feeling today. I was in Winnipeg for the game and I spoke with her today. On behalf of the CFL, I invited her and her family to come to Grey Cup this year as our guests,” said Randy Ambrosie, the CFL’s Commissioner. “I know Karen’s a Blue Bomber fan and her son plays football, so we spoke with Wade Miller, the President and CEO of the Bombers, this morning. He immediately pledged to provide Karen with Bombers season’s tickets for the rest of this season and next season as well. We all know these things can’t compare to a million dollars but we wanted to do something to let her and her family know that we all wished she could have won last night.”
Quote:
He added: “It was a very tough call made by our official last night, one that could have gone either way. There are tough calls made all the time in our game because these are world class athletes, moving at tremendous speeds, and we ask our officials to make difficult judgement calls in the blink of an eye, and we have to respect their decisions.”
Quote:
“We were thrilled that Karen won a $25,000 home theatre package after one kickoff was returned for a touchdown,” said Lyne Castonguay, Executive Vice President, Sobeys Inc. “And while we can’t reverse a referee’s on-field call, we are delighted to be able to offer Karen a year’s worth of free groceries in addition to the great football offers made by the CFL and the Blue Bombers.
https://www.cfl.ca/2017/07/14/cfl-bl...-karen-kuldys/

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #335
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

thats amazing. good on the bombers too for getting her fam season ticket for a couple seasons. fantastic stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2017, 01:54 PM   #336
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

"A year's worth of free groceries, you say? That's great because my family usually spends $20,000 per week on groceries." -- Karen
Old 07-14-2017, 01:58 PM   #337
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

And with that Ambrosie is already a far better commish than Oldridge ever was.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2017, 02:29 PM   #338
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Update : Air Miles Canada also giving Karen 500,000 Air Miles

@AIRMILES:
Quote:
We're excited to help Karen celebrate a touchdown of her own with 500,000 Miles - that's $50k value in Cash Miles! #WhatAboutKaren

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #339
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

this is fantastic.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #340
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

All and all the million would be better, but I'm sure all the stuff she is getting softens the blow some.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post: