Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2016, 08:16 PM   #21
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
If you go to a prescription factory like NHS, short of saying 'I wanna get mad ####ed up' they'll let you through.

If you're not someone who needs it for cancer/HIV treatments etc, it's $8/gram through Aurora, anyway. If you are, good luck in the fight and it's $5/gram. As to the taxes, I'm not sure.
actually if you make $24000/year or less you can get the compassion rate of $5/g. Send a copy of your tax assessment to Aurora to apply
Old 10-27-2016, 08:18 PM   #22
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Wonder if previous retina detachment is a qualifier.
maybe you have anxiety or insomnia lol
Old 10-30-2016, 07:41 AM   #23
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

OK well I have kept quiet for a long time but here goes.

I have a lifelong disease called Ulcerative Colitis. It's part of the Chron's family of intestnal and digestive disorders. I won't go into too many details but it sucks, and there is no cure, and very little in the way of effective treatment. Pain relief is a constant battle for me. What "normal" people would consider a 10 on the pain scale is my 5. This is just what life is so no pity. I cope. Very well now as it happens as I was prescribed medical marijuana for my conditions about three months ago.

Now I have used weed for pain management for decades, literally. Of course the fear of getting busted was also constant. Now I have a medical card and the legal right to use it. I get it delivered every two weeks, and have chosen a variety of strains to combat the insomnia, lack of appetite and pain. Getting it from a sanctioned distributor and grower means I have the exact same strains and quality every single time, with no worries of it being laced. They also have government sanctioned quality control of the highest order. Same percentages of THC and CBD every single time. A pure win.

For me, Medical has been a freaking godsend. AMA, I'm an open book
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #24
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Awesome to hear. I love using stories from people like yourself to stick it to the naive and ignorant people who don't think it should be legalized.

Because popping T3 is better.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2016, 10:22 AM   #25
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Awesome to hear. I love using stories from people like yourself to stick it to the naive and ignorant people who don't think it should be legalized.

Because popping T3 is better.
Man this right here. I was taking 3 T3's every 8 hours, and 3 400MG Motrin every 6 hours. The sheer damage to my liver is unspeakable. I quit that jibba-jabbah about 5 years ago and thankfully the poor liver has repaired its self. Marijuana has none of those effects if vaped. Yeah sometimes I sneak out for a quick bowl, and yes smoking anything is damaging. But compared to all the horrors my body went thru using pills? Never again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2016, 10:38 AM   #26
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

When my dad was sick with cancer he managed to avoid taking the higher level opiates for a couple of years, which was great for him. It's so much safer for pain management.

Maybe Justin will build an 'oil' pipeline after all!

Last edited by calumniate; 10-30-2016 at 10:40 AM.
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:41 AM   #27
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
OK well I have kept quiet for a long time but here goes.

I have a lifelong disease called Ulcerative Colitis. It's part of the Chron's family of intestnal and digestive disorders. I won't go into too many details but it sucks, and there is no cure, and very little in the way of effective treatment. Pain relief is a constant battle for me. What "normal" people would consider a 10 on the pain scale is my 5. This is just what life is so no pity. I cope...
My wife was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about 2-3 years ago and I can confirm it's a constant battle for her to just feel healthy and have a "normal" day living with it.

I won't try to turn this thread into a UC thread, but for anyone not dealing with it Lanny hit the nail right on the head here "...it sucks, and there is no cure, and very little in the way of effective treatment."
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #28
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
My wife was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about 2-3 years ago and I can confirm it's a constant battle for her to just feel healthy and have a "normal" day living with it.

I won't try to turn this thread into a UC thread, but for anyone not dealing with it Lanny hit the nail right on the head here "...it sucks, and there is no cure, and very little in the way of effective treatment."
Most of my patients (certainly not all) with UC describe biologics as life changing. Certainly still difficult, but they're pretty effective treatments. They're thousands of dollars a month though, so most patients have to try cheaper options first before they're covered
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #29
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have severe Crohns as well, and can confirm that it sucks. I just made my first medical order a few weeks ago. I was planning on making a thread about it, so rather than derail here, I'll hope Lanny'sDaMan can come into that one and shed some light for some people.
JonDuke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2016, 11:11 AM   #30
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
I have severe Crohns as well, and can confirm that it sucks. I just made my first medical order a few weeks ago. I was planning on making a thread about it, so rather than derail here, I'll hope Lanny'sDaMan can come into that one and shed some light for some people.
For sure. As I said earlier I am an open book, so I will answer any and all questions about my treatments, the disease, my symptoms.. everything. It'll get gross tho
Old 10-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #31
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
Man this right here. I was taking 3 T3's every 8 hours, and 3 400MG Motrin every 6 hours. The sheer damage to my liver is unspeakable. I quit that jibba-jabbah about 5 years ago and thankfully the poor liver has repaired its self. Marijuana has none of those effects if vaped. Yeah sometimes I sneak out for a quick bowl, and yes smoking anything is damaging. But compared to all the horrors my body went thru using pills? Never again.
Yup.

And when I ask people what would they rather take, marijuana or T3, it is scary how many of them think T3 is the better choice.

The anti-marijuana crowd has been feeding North America the koolaid for years and everyone bought in hook, line and sinker.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2016, 12:13 PM   #32
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Let's Talk About Medical Marijuana Use

Looking to start a discussion about medically prescribed cannabis use and didn't want to derail the Trudeau thread.

I looked into Cannabinoids about 6 months ago while waiting for my newest medication to take effect. While the biologic agent I currently use (Humira) has since turned my once debilitating disease into a very manageable and tolerable annoyance, I still pursued my research into how cannabinoids might assist with my disease (Crohn's)

A month ago, I booked an appointment online to visit a doctor. After a 15 minute consultation, I had my recommendation and was sent to visit a store that same day where they set me up with a prescription to a government licensed Cannabis producer.

I couldn't believe how easy the process was. I knew I would get approved because of the severity of my condition, but the doctor I saw after booking the online appointment almost fed me the answers. The hardest part was actually waiting in line at the store, which reminded me very much of a small Apple store. It was so busy and they had "bud geniuses" who answered questions about the 20-some government-licensed providers.

I chose a company named Tilray and 3 weeks after my initial appointment, I'd been approved, and received my first shipment.

In my late teens, I smoked weed regularly but stopped around 15 years ago. All these years later, I now realize I knew nothing about weed as a teen. Back then, weed was weed. I didn't pay attention to strains and only cared if it did the trick and got me high. Now, I'm learning all about strains, THC & CBD percentages, and drops...and can't believe how many choices there are.

I went with an Indica (Sirius) and a CBD Hybrid (Warlock), and also purchased some 1:1 drops. I tried a different product each day, rotating for a week. I don't have any trouble staying asleep, but it's getting to sleep that's been the issue since starting Humira, and all products I've tried definitely help with that. I also notice a welcomed increased in appetite but have yet to exprience any significant improvement otherwise. I'm hoping that will come over time. I still plan on sticking with Humira, as it's been the best of numerous meds I have tried thus far.

I bought a vape pen, and just don't enjoy it nearly as much as I did when I was a teen. I did them at night, after the kids were asleep. Both strains turned me into a zombie. Where I would normally be on my computer, messing with website design, graphics or just surfing, I was motionless and stared at the TV, overthinking everything. One made me a little more giddy but still non productive. I didn't hate them, but didn't really love them like I had hoped and think I'll lean more towards the drops.

I received a second prescription through a recommendation from my GI, and am currently looking into a company called Flower of Life. They have a lot of high % CDB/ low THC products, including capsules, that I really want to try.

I'm looking mainly for help with inflammation/pain in my stomach, as well as for help getting to sleep, while avoiding the strains that give me a zombie inducing head high when smoked so I can remain somewhat productive.

So...for those of you who use licensed providers:
Who's your favorite and what are your favorite strains for various conditions?
Good reviews, bad reviews, or any other tips for anyone else looking for help?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2016, 12:18 PM   #33
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I too got hooked up with Tilray! I'm assuming you saw the doctors at Natural Health Services? They were amazing. Very compassionate, easy to talk with and understanding beyond belief.

So I LOVE the Lemon SOur Diesel, OG Shark and Sirius strains for pain management and specifically to combat the insomnia and lack of appetite. They are all VERY high in THC though, and do have that euphoric high most people associate with Marijuana. Those strains I use mostly in the evening. For daytime use I have a Pure CBD tincture that is amazing for anti-inflammation. I use 2Mg dosage in the morning and again about 2:00pm and I don't get that band of ache and sharp shooting pain around my lower abdomen anymore.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:19 PM   #34
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Indica strains for sleep and rest for sure (though that's pretty general)

Have you tried eating processed oils? My dad was anti-drug all his life, but this video convinced him that eating it would provide the level of potency he needed

Last edited by calumniate; 10-30-2016 at 12:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #35
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Indica strains for sleep and rest for sure (though that's pretty general)

Have you tried eating it processed oils? My dad was anti-drug all his life, but this video convinced him that eating it would provide the level of potency he needed

The oil I tired definitely made me very sleepy. It sort of kicked in right away by leaving it under tongue for a few minutes. But the entire effect seemed to happen almost 2 hours after consumption.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #36
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Yup.

And when I ask people what would they rather take, marijuana or T3, it is scary how many of them think T3 is the better choice.

The anti-marijuana crowd has been feeding North America the koolaid for years and everyone bought in hook, line and sinker.
Well T3 might be a better choice in certain circumstances (short term relief) but not for chronic pain. MM is tool in the tool box but it's not some miracle drug either.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:39 PM   #37
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is way more informative than the 'Trudeau' thread.

Then again, most things are more informative than Trudeau!

Low hanging fruit....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #38
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
The oil I tired definitely made me very sleepy. It sort of kicked in right away by leaving it under tongue for a few minutes. But the entire effect seemed to happen almost 2 hours after consumption.
Exactly, and that's the beauty of this technique especially when using indica strains. It's not hard on your lungs or anything, and you'll be good for at least eight to twelve hours on one dose. Also it doesn't seem to hit your head as much, it's more of a body buzz which is great for chronic pain conditions
Old 10-30-2016, 12:53 PM   #39
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=157680
Old 10-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #40
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow. No idea how I missed that thread. Feel free to merge or delete this one, mods.
The Following User Says Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post: