Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #81
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked the second episode much better. Looking forward to the progression of the series even more now.

I pretty much dig everything Adam Goldberg does, so it was great to see him playing a tough guy, along with HW as his tougher mute sidekick!

Best line of the series so far, "No, the time I found a human foot in a toaster oven was highly irregular. This is just odd."

I laughed out loud.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #82
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Screw you Shaw...first episode available on FX and since you don't carry FXX, the rest of the episodes are not available. Went looking for my recording of episode 2 and guess what? Not there. If it wasn't for live sports I would cancel my cable and get what I want through alternative sources. Man this is crap.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #83
an hero
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don't really care about the series, but when I was living in Mount Pleasant, we got a notice saying they were filming at the park. Never saw Billy Bob though, he'd be the only one I'd recognize.
an hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #84
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igster View Post
Screw you Shaw...first episode available on FX and since you don't carry FXX, the rest of the episodes are not available. Went looking for my recording of episode 2 and guess what? Not there. If it wasn't for live sports I would cancel my cable and get what I want through alternative sources. Man this is crap.
It's Rogers fault more than Shaw. They chose to put the show on a newly-launched network that no provider in Canada other than Rogers Cable carries yet, even though the same show airs on FX in the States and not FXX.

They chose to do that precisely so that people would react the way you did. That's why I don't have any qualms about downloading the episodes.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #85
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you want to be quasi-legal about it, I saw the episodes available in the Sony Playstation store. Probably available elsewhere though.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #86
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Netflix Netherlands has it.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:17 AM   #87
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It's Rogers fault more than Shaw. They chose to put the show on a newly-launched network that no provider in Canada other than Rogers Cable carries yet, even though the same show airs on FX in the States and not FXX.

They chose to do that precisely so that people would react the way you did. That's why I don't have any qualms about downloading the episodes.
Yeah, I know...just had to bitch about it.

Yup...I have no issues downloading them either. Screw you Rogers.

These cash grabs from Canadian companies make me want to never pay them a single cent again. Can't stand these big Canadian corporations.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #88
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Billy Bob on the Late Late Show promoting Fargo.

Couple of shoutouts to Calgary.
sa226 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sa226 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #89
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

This episode proved a little more difficult for me to suspend my disbelief.

Although St. Paul has many buildings that are similar to Calgary, I that Chinatown apartment sticks out and should have been cropped out.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 04-30-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #90
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

We are living in the new television golden years. Just another fantastic, well-produced, well-acted series with a captivating narrative. We also seem pretty lucky to have the cycle we do, where when one show takes a break another one begins. This has replaced by Justified fix for Tuesday nights, the same way Game of Thrones settled in nicely after the conclusion of True Detective.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #91
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Netflix Netherlands has it.
I don't see it there. I see the film, but not the series.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 05-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #92
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I don't see it there. I see the film, but not the series.
Are you proxy'd into a Dutch server? They have all episodes 24 hours after U.S. release.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #93
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Are you proxy'd into a Dutch server? They have all episodes 24 hours after U.S. release.
I have unblock-us and it's set to Netherlands.

NM: My adapter had been reset to the original DNS settings. Changed it back and it all seems to be working now.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran

Last edited by Yamer; 05-01-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #94
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
I have unblock-us and it's set to Netherlands.
It must not be properly re-directing you to the Netherlands Netflix site (which has a lot of movies US/Canada don't get).

I use SlickVPN.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:34 PM   #95
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post

Billy Bob on the Late Late Show promoting Fargo.

Couple of shoutouts to Calgary.
That was a good segment. He sure has lightened up since that unfortunate "Q" interview on CBC a few years back.

Just watched the most recent two episodes. Still really enjoying this show. Malvo is like a chess player, 5 moves ahead of everyone. I imagine him on the outskirts laughing when everything comes to a head.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #96
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The episodes just continually get more powerful and powerful. Like I mentioned before, it's like an extension of the movie...but at the same time, it's not. The characters and dialogue are just fantastic, and I feel so ridiculously spoiled to have this series follow True Detective in such close succession.

The one thing that kind of struck me as too obvious in terms of TV convention was Molly checking out the dryer after coming to a quasi-revelation concerning Lester. She immediately went to the basement and began exploring the back of the dryer, and it just screamed of conventialist drama plot. Irritating, but the rest of the episode didn't seem to suffer.

Malvo continues to be an incredible character. The writers and directors need to extend a slight bit, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Thornton contend for an Emmy in the near future should his character carry over into future seasons. I think McConaughey runs away with it this year.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2014, 01:44 AM   #97
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
The one thing that kind of struck me as too obvious in terms of TV convention was Molly checking out the dryer after coming to a quasi-revelation concerning Lester. She immediately went to the basement and began exploring the back of the dryer, and it just screamed of conventialist drama plot.
They had me thinking "oh man..." as well but to flaunt convention, she ended up finding nothing based on her hunch. Maybe she noticed it was pushed out slightly or looked out of place or something.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #98
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was because Lester mumbled something about a washing machine when he was in the ambulance with her and then when she was at his house she recalled that and had a look.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #99
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went back and checked. Lester mumbled, "Towel sounds. She's washing towels." in the ambulance, though Molly didn't seem to register it.

I would have been bothered had she had this epiphany that led to her finding the hammer, but since she didn't, I'm fine with the scene.

To be honest, after a strong first episode, the show had started dragging for me and I was watching due to a lack of many alternates right now. However, last episode was really strong, and I'm looking forward to the next.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #100
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_12 View Post
I thought it was because Lester mumbled something about a washing machine when he was in the ambulance with her and then when she was at his house she recalled that and had a look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Went back and checked. Lester mumbled, "Towel sounds. She's washing towels." in the ambulance, though Molly didn't seem to register it.

I would have been bothered had she had this epiphany that led to her finding the hammer, but since she didn't, I'm fine with the scene.

To be honest, after a strong first episode, the show had started dragging for me and I was watching due to a lack of many alternates right now. However, last episode was really strong, and I'm looking forward to the next.
Crap, yeah. That really helps tie that scene in seamlessly. Makes way more sense now.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran