Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #121
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Ya I don't think Kuyt has a long-term future here. I imagine he will be gone by the summer. I'll be sad to see him go, but he hasn't got the job done this year.

I think by the start of next season our squad will be without Kuyt, Maxi, Carra, and Glen Johnson.
I agree that Kuyt hasnt been getting it done. Honestly, no one has been.

I also agree that Kuyt and Maxi are going to be gone. I dont see Carra going anywhere, I think hes happy with his current role and I dont see why Johnson would be going anywhere.

This team is defensively very sound, they need a guy thats going to bag some goals.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #122
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Liverpool is considering making a transfer bid for Swansea winger Scott Sinclair.
The 22-year-old can play on either wing or as a striker. He has appeared in 21 Premier League games this season, scoring six goals and adding two assists.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-s...ea-winger.html
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #123
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Abdul Aziz, 14, is reportedly the most talented young soccer player Sweden has seen in recent years. The kid they call "Baby Didier Drogba" is currently with Liverpool FC on a one-week trial, according to Sky Sports.
"His arrival at Anfield represents a real coup for Liverpool as Aziz is viewed as one of the biggest talents to emerge from Sweden in a generation," the report reads.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/abdul-az...ml?rs-img120=0
Old 01-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #124
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Midfielder Joao Carlos Teixeira is close to completing a move from Portugal's Sporting CP (Lisbon) to Liverpool FC. The Reds have agreed to a £850,000 fee for the highly rated teenager, according to the Daily Mail.
Liverpool and the player must now negotiate a contract, if the report of an agreement between the teams is true.
Teixeira, 19, is a graduate of Sporting's famed youth system. He trains with the club's first team, but has yet to make his debut for the Portuguese giants.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-j...ml?rs-img120=0
Old 01-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #125
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Liverpool will have to pay over the odds for Jermaine Defoe. The Daily Mirror reports Defoe's club, Tottenham Hotspur, will seek a transfer fee of around £20 million ($30.6 million) for the veteran striker.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-t...ml?rs-img120=0

Swansea midfielder Joe Allen has been linked with a summer transfer to Liverpool FC. The Independent reports the Reds will make a transfer bid for Allen, as his signing would perfectly suit the transfer policy implemented by Kenny Dalglish and Damian Comolli.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-l...ml?rs-img120=0
Old 01-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #126
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I cant see Liverpool going for Defoe. He might be someone that we need, but it just doesnt seem to make sense.

Not least of all the fact that good ol' 'Arry would bend Liverpool over with the transfer fee. As well he should if they go after Defoe. But at some point Liverpool are going to have to realize that they're going to have to spend more wisely.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 01-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #127
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Midfielder Joao Carlos Teixeira is close to completing a move from Portugal's Sporting CP (Lisbon) to Liverpool FC. The Reds have agreed to a £850,000 fee for the highly rated teenager, according to the Daily Mail.
Liverpool and the player must now negotiate a contract, if the report of an agreement between the teams is true.
Teixeira, 19, is a graduate of Sporting's famed youth system. He trains with the club's first team, but has yet to make his debut for the Portuguese giants.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-j...ml?rs-img120=0
It sounds like this rumor has some truth to it and is pretty close to getting done. I have no clue about the player though, this is the first I've heard of him. Apparently he was impressive in the Next Gen tournament thing.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #128
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scott Dann could leave Blackburn Rovers, and head to Liverpool FC in the January transfer window. Skysports reports a number of Premier League clubs are interested in the defender, including the Reds.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-l...nterested.html

well anyways...seems we are locked with all rumors going around.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #129
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dont need more defenders. Liverpool are one of the best defensive clubs in the league. They need a striker who can get the job done.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #130
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

If he has his way, Mumuni Abubakar will be the first-ever player to move directly from Ghana's GLO Premier League to the England's top flight. ESPN reports the 18-year-old midfielder completed a ten-day trial with Liverpool, and hopes to make a January move to Anfield.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/mumuni-a...ch-to-lfc.html
Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #131
azzarish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Come on lads. Please just beat Bolton tomorrow and let's put a nice run together in the league. Otherwise no CL.
azzarish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #132
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

quite the stench in here after Saturday's mess.

Kenny Dalglish was frustrated after Liverpool's 3-1 loss to Bolton Wanderers on Saturday. The LFC boss said his team was not ready to play when it took the field at the Reebok stadium, and vowed that it would never happen again.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/kenny-da...ml?rs-img120=0

Last edited by Cheese; 01-22-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #133
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Serbian winger Milos Krasic has been offered to Liverpool by Italian club Juventus. The Serie A leader is looking to offload Krasic, and approached the Reds about a potential January transfer, according to the Daily Mirror.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-j...2-million.html
Old 01-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #134
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic is the subject of a three-way tug-of-war for his signature. Fulham, West Ham and Liverpool FC all want to sign the high-scoring Croatian in January, but the Reds are in "pole position" to do so, according to the BBC. Rangers manager Ally McCoist confirmed that a number of clubs were interested in the Scottish Premier League's leading scorer, but none of the trio have bid for Jelavic. The Rangers boss also denied Jelavic would leave Glasgow at a discount.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #135
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sporting Lisbon's Ricky van Wolfswinkel was on Liverpool's radar when he was scoring freely for Dutch club FC Utrecht last season. The Reds may soon rekindle their interest in the highly-rated Dutchman in the current transfer window, according to talkSPORT. It has been reported that the Reds and Manchester United have scouted the player on a number of occasions, and were considering going for him in the summer. But Italian club Lazio is thought to be preparing a £13 million ($20.2 million) bid for the 22-year-old striker. That could force the Premier League duo into a bidding for van Wolfswinkel sooner rather than later.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #136
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Van Wolfswinkel is the most attractive option there.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #137
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I still really believe that our problems lie more with our weak midfield then our strikers. Charlie Adam has been completely useless outside of about 3 or 4 games, and Henderson hasn't been much better. The Lucas and Spearing injuries really hurt because they force Adam to play more of a defensive role, which he is extremely poor at. He constantly gives free kicks away and rarely wins the ball cleanly. He also gives away possession rather cheaply at least 5 times a game.

I think that we need to find a quality play-making CM who can keep possession well and create open space with his passing. Maybe Henderson can fill this role eventually, but we simply have not had a guy who can do this since we lost Xabi.

We also still desperately need a winger who can beat a player one-on-one and cross/cut in. Downing can cross, but he can't beat anyone out wide to give himself the space to do so. We need a better winger on the other side who can open up the field for others by drawing defenders over.

I would also like to see Kenny stick with formation instead of changing it so frequently. I think it would help our players to know what their role is every time they step out on the pitch. Some of the switching is obviously due to injuries and can't be avoided though.

I think we perform the best in a 4-3-3:
Reina
Johnson--Skrtel--Agger--Enrique
------------Lucas-------------
------Gerrard-----Hendo------
Suarez-----------------Downing
------------Carroll-------------

Now obviously injuries and suspensions will require Spearing or Adam to replace Lucas, and Bellamy or Maxi to fill in for Suarez, but I think this general shape is best for us. We also play a pretty loose formation where a wing can get filled in by a CM or full back when Suarez or Downing drift to the middle of the pitch.

The moral of my story is that I believe our problem is more about lack of service and creativity in the final third then it is just about lack of finishers (which is still obviously a problem as well).
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #138
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Udinese fullback Mauricio Isla is high on the wish list of a number of top clubs, including Liverpool FC. The Chilean international could make a £10 million ($15.5 million) move during the January transfer window, according to talkSPORT.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #139
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds to me like Kenny is looking to retool the whole damned team. I'm not averse to that.

Seriously, the back 4, we are fine, one of the best in the league on their day, but the midfield has to be completely redone and a striker who can actually score is a definite requirement.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #140
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jores Okore has caught the eye of Liverpool scouts as well as those from a number of top English and European clubs. Skysports reports the 19-year-old central defender plays for Danish club FC Nordsjaelland, and is considering a move to one of the interested teams.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-l...european-.html

Tags
anfield , gerrard , ynwa