Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-22-2023, 06:56 AM   #121
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the fourth day of Christmas MMM gave to Jon Duke a donation to Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS).
On the third day of Christmas MMM gave to Jon Duke a donation to Calgary Food Bank.

More to follow
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2023, 02:01 PM   #122
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I was planning to wait until Christmas morning, but we needed something to get through the afternoon as we are quarantining for a few days as littlest bagofpucks has a stomach bug.

Thank you so much activestick! The reviews are in Mama bagofpucks got her favorite chocolates and I was actually on the look out for a new camera strap, so this is perfect. Direct quotes from kids:
Littlest bagofpucks “I can’t believe I got IRONMAN!!!!!!!” (Followed by running around and excited noises…Iron Man is currently fighting a Lego storm trooper in a legendary battle)
Little bagofpucks “this is gift is so specialer!” (Her fave princesses are Ariel, Snow White, and Rapunzel, so the fact they are who are in the kit blew her mind pretty good)

Thanks so much for the amazing generosity! This is definitely a favorite tradition of mine and I look forward to it every year!
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bagofpucks For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2023, 02:02 PM   #123
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hmm, pic doesn’t seem to work…here’s the url…
https://imgur.com/a/TZd8K0h
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bagofpucks For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2023, 03:11 PM   #124
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

So happy the bagofpucks family are enjoying the gifts from Santa!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2023, 03:37 PM   #125
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I just spent over an hour playing “let’s go to Disneyland” which includes pretending to sleep, waking up and doing your morning routine that includes everyone of the essentials from the kit. Repeat X 1000.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bagofpucks For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2023, 11:42 PM   #126
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the fourth day of Christmas MMM gave to Jon Duke a donation to Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS).
On the third day of Christmas MMM gave to Jon Duke a donation to Calgary Food Bank
On the second day of Christmas MMM gave to Jon Duke a a donation to the Calgary Flames Foundation in support of ALS research (not pets or food but still a good cause)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2023, 09:00 AM   #127
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ I wish I could hug you.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2023, 06:19 PM   #128
jwslam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Re posting

Doug Fir has a message for Jwslam

”Can you ask what board games and camera accessories they already have?”
Answers submitted late but touchdown confirmed on gift. Thanks =)
to be opened later
jwslam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jwslam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2023, 07:30 PM   #129
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Doug Fir has a message for Hi-Psi

”Could you let Hi-Psi know to check their front door”

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 09:41 AM   #130
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the third day of Christmas MMM gave to Jon Duke a donation to Calgary Food Bank
On the second day of Christmas MMM gave to Jon Duke a a donation to the Calgary Flames Foundation in support of ALS research
On the first day of Christmas MMM gave to Jon Duke a donation to the Stollery Children's Hospital.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2023, 11:04 AM   #131
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

You are a champ, M³.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2023, 11:28 AM   #132
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Opened my gift from secret Santa today. A portable aeration kit is going to come in handy! Will try it out tonight! Thank you!!!

activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2023, 11:31 AM   #133
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quick story: This is my first year participating but I've watched from the sidelines every single year.

This year, I had a gift that I really wanted to give away and happily signed up but I didn't want anything in return. I thought a donation to an animal shelter or food bank would be awesome instead but also very much realized that, to someone like me who was excited to give a certain gift, asking someone to make a donation instead might not be as "fun".

MMM clearly took this to a whole other level with donations to multiple deserving charities. I didn't catch on that it was "multiple" donations until I saw "on the 3rd day of..." and then found myself eagerly checking this thread these past 2 mornings, then happily reading the posts to my wife and children.

The entire time, full of excitement... like a kid on Christmas morning, you could say,

Thanks for that. I'm 44 years old and love Xmas because of and for my wife and kids but you just brought some back some hidden magic/spirit for myself as well. Much appreciated.

Thanks to surferguy for throwing this together each year and thanks to everyone for sharing pictures of their hauls as well. This has been super fun.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all y'all.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2023, 11:50 AM   #134
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Opened my Secret Santa gift today from Jiri Hrdina and Im wowed by his generosity!
Thank you JH, really appreciate everything you sent!!

Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2023, 12:33 PM   #135
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
Quick story: This is my first year participating but I've watched from the sidelines every single year.

This year, I had a gift that I really wanted to give away and happily signed up but I didn't want anything in return. I thought a donation to an animal shelter or food bank would be awesome instead but also very much realized that, to someone like me who was excited to give a certain gift, asking someone to make a donation instead might not be as "fun".

MMM clearly took this to a whole other level with donations to multiple deserving charities. I didn't catch on that it was "multiple" donations until I saw "on the 3rd day of..." and then found myself eagerly checking this thread these past 2 mornings, then happily reading the posts to my wife and children.

The entire time, full of excitement... like a kid on Christmas morning, you could say,

Thanks for that. I'm 44 years old and love Xmas because of and for my wife and kids but you just brought some back some hidden magic/spirit for myself as well. Much appreciated.

Thanks to surferguy for throwing this together each year and thanks to everyone for sharing pictures of their hauls as well. This has been super fun.

Let this be a lesson sideline watchers…

Participation > watching

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2023, 02:17 PM   #136
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post

I really appreciated that you asked for charity for this and I sort of went all out a bit on it. I thought about some of the things that bring me joy and I find it mostly has to do with that feeling of giving back. This year has been a hard year for many people so just taking a bit of that time in order to give a bit of joy to others seems like it is worth it.

I really appreciate SurferGuy for setting this up as well. It is a lot of fun and is a unique way to build a community out of strangers who are united by a love of a game.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2023, 09:15 PM   #137
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the second day of Christmas MMM gave to Jon Duke a a donation to the Calgary Flames Foundation in support of ALS research
On the first day of Christmas MMM gave to Jon Duke a donation to the Stollery Children's Hospital
On Christmas Day MMM gave to Jon Duke a donation to the Boys and Girls Club of Canada.

I will say that this last one isn't completely for you though. My kid (whose biological dad died when he was a kid) wanted a donation to a charity for Christmas and he asked for something for kids who don't have as much as he does. This got me to thinking about how lucky we are and how there are other kids who don't have the same opportunities when it comes to having a stable parental figure. So I figured why not put some money towards an organization that helps kids like him who have been through a loss.

Thanks for being a part of this. It has been my pleasure.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2023, 11:53 AM   #138
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Opened my gift from secret Santa today. A portable aeration kit is going to come in handy! Will try it out tonight! Thank you!!!

These are great! Only way to drink wine, imo!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2023, 02:13 PM   #139
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Let this be a lesson sideline watchers…

Participation > watching
CP Secret Santas always knock it so far out of the park, I worry about keeping up with the high standard set!

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 03:06 PM   #140
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good job guys! Well done!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote