Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2023, 10:18 PM   #1321
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
This i will agree with.

They nailed the prequel vibe & atmosphere. Cool to see naboo officers/ships and the jedi temple.

Some redemption for Jar Jar's actor is the cherry on top.
It was actually really cool for them to bring Ahmed back into it this way. He dealt with a lot of depression and anxiety for his portrayal of a character that was hated. The sad thing is you watch his interviews and he's a incredibly cool guy.

So it was good to see him as a kick a$$ Jedi master.

I always feel sorry of the clones, they were as Obi-Wan put it enslaved and decieved by a lie, and you watch their treatment by the Empire after order 66 and they are a tragic story.

I love Emily Swallow as the armorer, and Grogu has totally adopted her.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2023, 10:45 PM   #1322
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
It was actually really cool for them to bring Ahmed back into it this way. He dealt with a lot of depression and anxiety for his portrayal of a character that was hated. The sad thing is you watch his interviews and he's a incredibly cool guy.

So it was good to see him as a kick a$$ Jedi master.

I always feel sorry of the clones, they were as Obi-Wan put it enslaved and decieved by a lie, and you watch their treatment by the Empire after order 66 and they are a tragic story.

I love Emily Swallow as the armorer, and Grogu has totally adopted her.
She's so cool as the armorer.

They're killing the cool Mando aura with these over-acting clansmen though

I preferred it when we hardly saw any of them and they felt like an awesome dying breed of bad-asses with a specific set of skills.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:14 AM   #1323
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife's comment on the episode: dang her hair still looks great for being inside a helmet for a week.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2023, 11:03 AM   #1324
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Ok, I'm going to add a Robot Chicken line when those Mando's were climbing the mountain in their hundreds of pounds of armor.

"You must smell like feet wrapped in leathery burnt bacon"

Old 03-23-2023, 11:07 AM   #1325
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The other thing, at the start this show was very much like the old school westerns. We had scenes of Mando sitting around the campfire with the Tuskan's or Grogu or whoever else. It had a sphagetti western feel to it.

In the last couple of years they kind of moved away from the Man with no face feel.

then in the last episode you see the Mando's sitting around the fire getting ready to eat and you felt this almost magnficient 7 vibe, then they all go off alone to eat.

I wanted this.

Old 03-23-2023, 11:20 AM   #1326
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Ok, I'm going to add a Robot Chicken line when those Mando's were climbing the mountain in their hundreds of pounds of armor.

"You must smell like feet wrapped in leathery burnt bacon"
Watching that scene I thought they'd have at least one fall, and not use their jetpack to keep the Foundling safe. Sacrificing their own life for the next generation. Alas, nope. Andor would have done some dark stuff like that.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:57 AM   #1327
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Watching that scene I thought they'd have at least one fall, and not use their jetpack to keep the Foundling safe. Sacrificing their own life for the next generation. Alas, nope. Andor would have done some dark stuff like that.
I actually thought about how powerful that would be, especially if it was the kids father that fell.

I kind of think that the acting in that scene wasn't that hard and that what we heard was actually exhausted actors.

Old 03-23-2023, 09:29 PM   #1328
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't know this but rumor is Kathleen Kennedy interfered so much on Book of Boba Fett that Jon Favreau threatened to quit if Mandalorian season 3 got messed with. So far Mando's been good so I guess he got his way.

https://fandomwire.com/the-mandalori...uit-lucasfilm/
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:41 PM   #1329
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Didn't know this but rumor is Kathleen Kennedy interfered so much on Book of Boba Fett that Jon Favreau threatened to quit if Mandalorian season 3 got messed with. So far Mando's been good so I guess he got his way.

https://fandomwire.com/the-mandalori...uit-lucasfilm/
Thankfully Obi Wan at least had an excellent finale, but from the sounds of it, she Disney-fied the original plans for that show which were supposed to bring a much darker story.

That woman has played herself out of having any creative dominion. She hasn't a got clue what Star Wars is, and what Lucas intended for the universe.

Fett was a smorgasbord of stuff (both SW and non-SW) with no direction. Abandoned its main character, morphed Fett from a cold-blooded bounty hunter in the OT into...something else, went nowhere, and at no point was there even a book.

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 03-23-2023 at 10:54 PM.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:36 PM   #1330
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Overlord DVD has never been a reliable news source. That’s sub Orange Julius level rumour mongering.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 11:47 AM   #1331
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Overlord DVD is literally the Supershadow of the modern time StarWars.

And if you don't know who Supershadow is also known as Mickey Suttle, it was an amazing story during the prequel era

Old 03-24-2023, 11:54 AM   #1332
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had no idea the Jedi master in the flashback was played by Ahmed Best, until his name popped up in the credits. Good on Favreau/Filoni for having him aboard! The guy never deserved all the flack he got for Jar-Jar; wasn't his fault he got hired to play a goofy character that few people liked.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 12:02 PM   #1333
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn nice, Best was badass as a Jedi.

Also, they didn't show him die did they?
Old 03-24-2023, 12:05 PM   #1334
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
I had no idea the Jedi master in the flashback was played by Ahmed Best, until his name popped up in the credits. Good on Favreau/Filoni for having him aboard! The guy never deserved all the flack he got for Jar-Jar; wasn't his fault he got hired to play a goofy character that few people liked.
Frankly, he played Jar-Jar as well as anyone could.

Cant make bricks without clay.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 12:10 PM   #1335
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Frankly, he played Jar-Jar as well as anyone could.
Absolutely.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 03:16 PM   #1336
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Damn nice, Best was badass as a Jedi.

Also, they didn't show him die did they?
They did not, him and Grogu escaped together on their ship in good health. There will likely be more to the story.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 03:21 PM   #1337
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
They did not, him and Grogu escaped together on their ship in good health. There will likely be more to the story.
they find jarjar's corpse?
Old 03-24-2023, 04:01 PM   #1338
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw this pointed out somewhere, but not only was Ahmed Best the Jedi who rescued Grogu, there's a possibility that they escaped from Coruscant on Jar Jar's ship.

The ship they escape on appears to be the same model of ship Anakin and Padme fly around in during AOTC. Also, the security guards on the platform are wearing what appear to be Naboo uniforms.

In the current canon, those chrome ships we always see Padme travelling in are built exclusively for the Naboo Royal House. As a former queen, Padme has her own ships she uses, but it's also possible they provide them to other people doing business for the Naboo government.

At the time of the Jedi purge, Jar Jar is on Coruscant working in the Senate with Padme (I'm not sure if he's a full Senator). He is seen in the box with Padme and Bail the next day when Palpatine declared himself Emperor.

From what we know, the characters from Naboo who are on Coruscant at the time are Palpatine, Padme, and Jar Jar.

It's possible Palpatine was playing both sides and used the attack at the temple as a cover to kidnap Grogu to use in his cloning experiments. I don't think that's likely because it feels too early in that storyline for that. Also, it would make Best a patsy for Palpatine a second time after Jar Jar was manipulated into pushing for Palpatine's expanded powers in AOTC. This is a feel-good story for Ahmed Best, so I don't think they'd write him to be a patsy again.

It would make sense for it to be Padme's ship. When she saw the smoke from the temple, she became worried, so it's possible she called her security detail and told them to prepare her ship in case an evacuation was needed. From what we see of her in the movie, she is worried about Anakin and may not have had the presence of mind to make that call.

If it wasn't Padme, the next most-likely candidate is Jar Jar. It's entirely plausible he would have had his own government ship and his own security detail.

In the movie, I don't think we see him again after Palpatine's speech until Padme's funeral. So, we might see him meet up with Beq and Grogu in a future episode. I'm sure they'd love to give Jar Jar some redemption and what a better way than to have the fun kid-friendly character that everyone hates save the life of the fun kid-friendly character that everyone loves?
Old 03-24-2023, 04:59 PM   #1339
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jar Jar's fate post Return of the Jedi was briefly mentioned in the Star Wars Aftermath book trilogy.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:28 PM   #1340
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Order 66 part of the story was great, but the rest of that episode was such lazy and poor writing.

The Raptor for some reason doesn't kill its prey when it captures it with no explanation as to why. It then keeps it alive for over a day, away from its babies? That whole sequence made no sense. Then the Mandalorians take the babies to be raised as foundlings?

Especially after last week, this is really disappointing work.