Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 05:53 PM   #421
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stonedbirds View Post
I tend to lean conservative. Ergo, I can't do funny.
Lean? You fell over and landed on your head along time ago.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:57 PM   #422
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm only conservative when it comes to financials. The rest I don't give a ****, people should be able to live their lives the way they see fit so long as you're not bothering anyone. Devils advocate is always fun though.

It's hard to live up to the lofty benchmark of unabashed non partisanship you so gallantly display NewEra.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:19 PM   #423
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

A quote that has aged very badly for Mike Flynn

Quote:
"When you are given immunity, that means that you have probably committed a crime."
The Following User Says Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 06:25 PM   #424
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

CNN reporting that Senate side said they've had the offer from Flynn for a few days and not interested at this point in striking a deal
Old 03-30-2017, 06:30 PM   #425
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
I have a feeling this will amount to little.

Two reasons this will probably amount to nothing

1) Immunity for what he's facing irrespective of Russiagate (agent of foreign power undeclared) will make committees / prosecutor apprehensive of making a deal without knowing what he will cooperate with. What if he doesn't have useful info?

2) They need concrete evidence here which will be very difficult to get to make this worthwhile
1) A deal won't be struck until they know what he's going to say. If he backs away from testifying what he knows about, they can pull the deal off the table and he's still subject to prosecution. Deals are very specific in what information the witness is expected to speak to, and questions will be framed so the information in question comes out as expected.

2) They will only make a deal if this testimony corroborates the circumstantial evidence or other hard evidence they have. They will now allow one guy to go free if they are not confident this testimony will be damning and lead to possible charges and a conviction. Every now and then this backfires, but prosecutors do their best to make sure the witness testimony supports the circumstantial evidence and vice versa.

If they give immunity to Flynn it likely means that someone is going down. It may not be Trump himself, but it very well could be someone high enough up the food chain to do incredible damage to the Trump administration and the Trump brand. I'm thinking that the main target may not be Trump himself, but may be Kushner. They bring down Kushner and they bring down Trump based on all the access and responsibility he gave to his son-in-law.

Quote:
I'm only conservative when it comes to financials. The rest I don't give a ****, people should be able to live their lives the way they see fit so long as you're not bothering anyone. Devils advocate is always fun though.

It's hard to live up to the lofty benchmark of unabashed non partisanship you so gallantly display NewEra.

In American terms, I'm non-partisan. In fact, I'm actually a conservative, but in 1980's Canadian terms. You know, before Canadian conservatives followed the lead of their American counterparts and lost their ####ing minds. I believe in small government, effective taxation, strong military, respect for law, and compliance with the constitution. I can't help it if American conservatives have gone so far overboard that no sane individual would follow their economic or social policy. If that makes me a partisan liberal now, well, so be it. I can bear that cross. Better than being associated with the Paul Ryans and Mitch McConnells of the world. I just can't stomach voting for people who play the game of wedge issue politics, then screw everyone who voted for them with policies meant to favor the rich on the backs of the poor. And I say that as someone who works their ass off and pays more in taxes than Romney or Trump has paid, which gets really old fast.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #426
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Off topic, but New Era, do you have dual citizenship?
Old 03-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #427
Illuminaughty
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

"I believe in small government, effective taxation, strong military, respect for law, and compliance with the constitution. I can't help it if American conservatives have gone so far overboard that no sane individual would follow their economic or social policy. If that makes me a partisan liberal now, well, so be it."

But the Neo-Liberals don't hold any of your beliefs either, if anything they are more off base. They want more government oversight, more taxes and undermine the constitution to top it off.

I think both parties are guilty of screwing over their voters and selling out the poor. It's the big money donors and lobbyists that they actually appear to work for now.

I like Bill Burr's thoughts on this.

The job pays $400 grand a year, but takes a $100 million to get, and that isn't a red flag to anybody?
Old 03-30-2017, 07:19 PM   #428
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

These TrumpDraws gifs always crack me up.

https://twitter.com/TrumpDraws/statu...07560777129987
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 08:19 PM   #429
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Callling my shot: Al Franken 2020

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.95490f53b471
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #430
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah guns and automatic weapons are a pretty liberal thing too.. as are conspiracy theories
Old 03-30-2017, 08:56 PM   #431
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I'm still hoping for Gavin Newsom or Cory Booker myself, but I'll take Franken.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #432
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm liking Adam Schiff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 09:21 PM   #433
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Off topic, but New Era, do you have dual citizenship?
Yes. I maintain my Canadian passport as my get-out-of-jail card if things go sideways.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 09:33 PM   #434
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

For 2020 I think possible candidates for the Dems include Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris and Joe Biden as front runners, and then Amy Klobuchar and Kirsten Gillibrand as outsiders. Personally I like Harris and Biden, although Joe might be a little long in the tooth.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:53 PM   #435
Illuminaughty
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Come on Hillary should give it another go. What about Michelle Obama?
Old 03-30-2017, 10:07 PM   #436
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Yes. I maintain my Canadian passport as my get-out-of-jail card if things go sideways.
Nice. My wife is american but she's going to be getting her CND. Hoping she can have dual as well.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:11 PM   #437
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
1) A deal won't be struck until they know what he's going to say. If he backs away from testifying what he knows about, they can pull the deal off the table and he's still subject to prosecution. Deals are very specific in what information the witness is expected to speak to, and questions will be framed so the information in question comes out as expected.

2) They will only make a deal if this testimony corroborates the circumstantial evidence or other hard evidence they have. They will now allow one guy to go free if they are not confident this testimony will be damning and lead to possible charges and a conviction. Every now and then this backfires, but prosecutors do their best to make sure the witness testimony supports the circumstantial evidence and vice versa.

If they give immunity to Flynn it likely means that someone is going down. It may not be Trump himself, but it very well could be someone high enough up the food chain to do incredible damage to the Trump administration and the Trump brand. I'm thinking that the main target may not be Trump himself, but may be Kushner. They bring down Kushner and they bring down Trump based on all the access and responsibility he gave to his son-in-law.

That's exactly my point. I doubt he can offer what they'd need to make his immunity worthwhile
Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 PM   #438
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Nice. My wife is american but she's going to be getting her CND. Hoping she can have dual as well.
I didn't think Americans could hold dual citizenship.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:27 PM   #439
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
I didn't think Americans could hold dual citizenship.
Could be the case.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:39 PM   #440
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
He's good enough, he's smart enough, and doggonit people like him.

Last edited by calf; 03-30-2017 at 10:43 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms