Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Amazon Prime Now Offers 1-day Delivery to Calgary and Edmonton

Nice!
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/04..._16231622.html

Quote:
Alberta shoppers, grab your credit cards.

Amazon.ca has (finally!) announced they're bringing free one-day delivery to Calgary and Edmonton.

All qualifying orders over $25 that are placed before 4 p.m. will arrive before 9 p.m. the next day, including weekends, the Seattle-based company announced Tuesday.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sweet. I've been buying more and more from them. So much easier than going to a store, as long as you don't need it that day.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

What re-occurringstuff can you buy from Amazon.ca?

I want to start replacing my weekly household/grocery shopping with online shopping, but their selection still looks crappy
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:24 AM   #4
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post

I want to start replacing my weekly household/grocery shopping with online shopping, but their selection still looks crappy
Diapers.

It's awesome. One giant thing to not lug home from the grocery store.
Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:27 AM   #5
oilyfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

We buy our laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, toothpaste, diapers, soap, body lotion etc using Subscribe and Save on Amazon. 15% off if you have more than 5 items and delivered free very month. It's the cheapest option for buying durables. Yes selection is not as good as in grocery stores but if you find the right items it works out well.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:29 AM   #6
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

https://www.saveonfoods.com/

been using them for just over a month now to do my weekly shop. so easy and only ~$10 delivery fee ( variable based on time, could be as low as $5 if you get it delivered between 7-9pm on either friday or saturday)
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:32 AM   #7
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I wonder if Save On Foods delivers to Chestermere...

Superstore also has a shop online option, though they only have pickup not delivery.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:32 AM   #8
photon

Exp:

Oh and good news about Amazon, I also find I'm buying more and more from them after I finally got Prime.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:39 AM   #9
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is an awesome service. I've used it in San Fran a couple times.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:32 PM   #10
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh boy another chance for Intelcom to try and deliver to my office that has already been closed for 3 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Oh boy another chance for Intelcom to try and deliver to my office that has already been closed for 3 hours.
I wish that there was a way to specify things like that to Amazon. For office orders, I'd rather have it during business hours in 2-3 days than "by 9pm" tomorrow.

For home orders, however, this is just awesome.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #12
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Diapers.

I discovered the diaper benefits a little too late for my kid, but if I was still purchasing the poop catchers, I'd definitely do it on Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilyfan View Post
We buy our laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, toothpaste, diapers, soap, body lotion etc using Subscribe and Save on Amazon. 15% off if you have more than 5 items and delivered free very month. It's the cheapest option for buying durables. Yes selection is not as good as in grocery stores but if you find the right items it works out well.
They have started to stock more dry grocery goods, but I haven't really jumped into that. Seems easier to add it to my weekly Superstore order.

But all of the items you've listed are great on Prime.

One thing that I have found useful is setting price alerts for some of your common items. I like to use Finish Quantum dishwasher tabs. An 80 pack at Superstore is currently $26.98. You'll see them on Amazon for about $23. Currently selling for $15, which is no small difference. And they arrive at my door before I'd even have a chance to go to Superstore.

Someone on CalgaryPuck introduced me to the world of camelcamelcamel.ca and I was fiddling around and set a price alert on them just for fun. Now I use that site to check prices on all of my regular purchases, if not for alerts, sometimes just to see the recent price history to know if I'm getting a good price or not.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 01:06 PM   #13
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Wow I might never leave home again
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 01:08 PM   #14
oilyfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
I discovered the diaper benefits a little too late for my kid, but if I was still purchasing the poop catchers, I'd definitely do it on Amazon.

They have started to stock more dry grocery goods, but I haven't really jumped into that. Seems easier to add it to my weekly Superstore order.

But all of the items you've listed are great on Prime.

One thing that I have found useful is setting price alerts for some of your common items. I like to use Finish Quantum dishwasher tabs. An 80 pack at Superstore is currently $26.98. You'll see them on Amazon for about $23. Currently selling for $15, which is no small difference. And they arrive at my door before I'd even have a chance to go to Superstore.

Someone on CalgaryPuck introduced me to the world of camelcamelcamel.ca and I was fiddling around and set a price alert on them just for fun. Now I use that site to check prices on all of my regular purchases, if not for alerts, sometimes just to see the recent price history to know if I'm getting a good price or not.
We use the strategy of Superstore click and collect for all fresh groceries and small durables. And leave the big stuff on Amazon. It seems to work well. and no in-store shopping required! All of the stuff arrives at home or is picked up once a week on the way home from work. The Amazon stuff you have to watch or you end up with too much of one thing and not of another but after a little while the frequency gets calibrated.

I am intrigued by the save-on-foods delivery to home option now. But the cost of the groceries might be a negative. Save on has been a more premium priced store in my expereince. But a head to head weekly shop list cost vs superstore might be useful... interesting project
Old 04-25-2017, 01:12 PM   #15
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Wow I might never leave home again
For some people leaving home isn't an option (which I gained insight into with my off again on again romance with vertigo), so it's nice to see these options for those people too.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:13 PM   #16
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Diapers.

Walmart is a couple dollars cheaper for Pampers swaddlers sensitive, though amazon has the 156 box and Walmart only carries the 80 box.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:08 PM   #17
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Would be nice if they could get better with there two day shipping ordered 5 things on Monday for the gfs birthday few thing didn't ship till today and im expecting delivery of those items from tomorrow till Monday.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:27 PM   #18
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice, I've began using them for lots of essentials like cleaning products, toilet paper, laundry detergent, and even some grocery dry goods like cereal
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:30 PM   #19
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazon Prime has been the best thing ever. Need paper towel or toilet paper or any of those giant things that you hate carrying around the grocery store? Boom, 2 day delivery and cheaper price!
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:44 PM   #20
BigNumbers
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is amazing! Thanks for the heads up. The weekend delivery is equally as sweet as the next day delivery.

Also that Save on Foods delivery option is pretty skookum too.
BigNumbers is offline   Reply With Quote