Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #41
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

What? I can't get something that fits like a Tru-Measure from Jack Victor from Indochino?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #42
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I attended the TT event in Calgary and ordered the Essential Navy Suit.

For $379 and a Free custom shirt to go with it, I am optimistic I will be happy.

I am wondering what quality of suit the jacket was that they made you try on to do measurements.

If the quality of that suit is the same as the $379 one than I'll be happy..

They had better have gotten the measurements correct or nearly correct, or else I will be dissapointed.

I would have never have bought an indochino suit had they not set up a TT in Calgary.

Expecting to receive mine March 31 or sooner, I will let you know how it fits!
1stLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #43
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Got mine today (march 30th)

Overall:
Quality - 7
Fit - 7 (The sleeves are too tight, will need to get this adjusted)
Service - 8
Shipping - 10
Value - 9 (got a free shirt and tie and tie clip and cuff links to go along with suit, which cost me $379).
Old 03-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #44
boogerz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My order from the TT event came in yesterday.

The jacket is a perfect fit. The shirt also fits very well except for the cuffs which are slightly too big, but it's not a big issue

Each of the pants has to be altered as they're ~2 inches too short and the legs are about an inch too wide. Can't say I'm overly impressed with how terribly sized the pants are. The value is pretty good if your measurements are correct, but idk how the person measuring me at the event messed up that badly on the pants
boogerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #45
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can't believe I missed this thread........If you guys want a Jack Victor better than any price in Calgary just give me a shout. We don't take the same margins as city stores, throw in a CP discount and you will not find it cheaper anywhere.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #46
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerz View Post
My order from the TT event came in yesterday.

The jacket is a perfect fit. The shirt also fits very well except for the cuffs which are slightly too big, but it's not a big issue

Each of the pants has to be altered as they're ~2 inches too short and the legs are about an inch too wide. Can't say I'm overly impressed with how terribly sized the pants are. The value is pretty good if your measurements are correct, but idk how the person measuring me at the event messed up that badly on the pants
It really depended on who measured you. I showed up to the TT the first day and I was in a rush, but I still managed to get measured and didnt buy anything.

I went back on the last weekend of the event and got remeasured just as a precaution and the new person who measured me changed almost everything.

It was probably a good thing....

But I dont know how they couldn't have forseen to leave a little room in the arms so i could move around more.

The free dress shirt is pretty baggy too. I'd like to get this adjusted.

I think I am going to wait until suit prices come down to $300 (if that ever happens).
Old 03-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #47
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
Can't believe I missed this thread........If you guys want a Jack Victor better than any price in Calgary just give me a shout. We don't take the same margins as city stores, throw in a CP discount and you will not find it cheaper anywhere.
What kind of pricing are you talking about here? Have any example pricing you could give?
MrCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #48
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCallahan View Post
What kind of pricing are you talking about here? Have any example pricing you could give?

Last year we had a customer who bought his suit from a store in Red Deer. He happen to come to town and was checking out our suits. He found the exact same suit (same cut & cloth) for $550 when he paid $700 in Red Deer. Needless to say he was a bit ticked. We are still making good money on that suit at $550. I think we have one JV thats $700, but it is also a 58-60 Tall so that adds usually around $50 more to the retail price.

So take our already lower prices on the same items and throw in a CP discount and I could probably sell a JV suit around that 300 (depends on cloth, cut charges, size, etc.)
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #49
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

So take our already lower prices on the same items and throw in a CP discount and I could probably sell a JV suit around that 300 (depends on cloth, cut charges, size, etc.)
I may PM you.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #50
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Last year we had a customer who bought his suit from a store in Red Deer. He happen to come to town and was checking out our suits. He found the exact same suit (same cut & cloth) for $550 when he paid $700 in Red Deer. Needless to say he was a bit ticked. We are still making good money on that suit at $550. I think we have one JV thats $700, but it is also a 58-60 Tall so that adds usually around $50 more to the retail price.

hmm...I just may be contacting you in a couple weeks to look into this!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #51
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Just got my suit in the mail today.

I'm not suit connoisseur, but I'm really happy with my purchase. It fits perfectly, and I don't notice anything that needs to be adjusted. I may go into their shop, just to get a professional opinion, to see if it fits like it should. But from I can tell, it's good.

Quality seems pretty good for the price, and I'd consider ordering from them again.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #52
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Wow I like the packaging. I didn't order one but someone at office got one delivered for her husband and I am impressed with how they ship the suits. I will wait to hear more reviews from everyone before I order one though
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #53
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

this question is not indochino related, but it does relate to the custom suit/online ordering.

has anybody heard anything about harrysuits.com? i am looking at buying suits for my groomsmen and this place has suits that equal the cost of a tux rental. i can't seem to find much about them other than their website.

any help here would be appreciated!

moncton golden flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #54
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

So CP, this is more of a general suit question:
I'm a young-ish guy (27) and am looking for a suit. I've never owned a nice suit (only Moores type stuff), so I'm new to spending any serious money.
I'm looking for a slimmer fitting more modern suit.
I found a nice suit at Banana Republic for around $800 all in...it fits nicely, won't need any alterations, and according to my girlfriend, looks great. I also found a similar suit at the Bay (mom's recommendation) by Perry Ellis that doesn't fit as nicely (needs alterations, which I was expecting when looking for a suit) and feels cheaper, but is also about $400 less.
Unfortunately online isn't an option (wedding to go to in a few weeks).
Anyone have some advice regarding price etc...for a suit buying newbie?
Mass_nerder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #55
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Banana Republic does have decent suits but they're over priced. I have a couple but I wait for those 30% or 40% off sales to buy them. Not sure if that will work before the wedding as they're kid of random.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #56
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
So CP, this is more of a general suit question:
I'm a young-ish guy (27) and am looking for a suit. I've never owned a nice suit (only Moores type stuff), so I'm new to spending any serious money.
I'm looking for a slimmer fitting more modern suit.
I found a nice suit at Banana Republic for around $800 all in...it fits nicely, won't need any alterations, and according to my girlfriend, looks great. I also found a similar suit at the Bay (mom's recommendation) by Perry Ellis that doesn't fit as nicely (needs alterations, which I was expecting when looking for a suit) and feels cheaper, but is also about $400 less.
Unfortunately online isn't an option (wedding to go to in a few weeks).
Anyone have some advice regarding price etc...for a suit buying newbie?
Check out the Banana Republic outlet stores (Cross Iron Mills or Deerfoot Meadows I think). If you like the fit, you can get a suit for $150-$300.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #57
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're willing to spend $800, I would go to brooks brothers downtown and take a look at an 1818 Fitzgerald. I think they only have one sale a year, so they might be $1000+ right now, but I got one on sale for $800 in January.

You will see a big difference in quality between a brooks brothers suit and any other suit you will find off the rack.

Make sure the shoulders fit. Most important thing on a suit and a lot of times the sales associate doesn't know how to fit people. They tried to upsize me and I told the guy he was nuts.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #58
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unfortunately I'm in Halifax at the moment, so I can't check out some of these recommendations. I did go to the Banana Republic outlet, but they don't have the same suit, and the ones they did have, they didn't have the size.
I've read a few articles regarding fit, and I think I've got the shoulder thing figured out (lean against a wall sideways, if the pad touches the wall before your shoulder, it's too big.)
I'm not a big guy, so a 40R (or S, depending on the suit) seem to fit pretty well.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #59
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you like the Banana one, just wait till Wednesday; Banana typically has a coupon out for 40% regular prices every week (for that day only). Just print off a coupon or 2 and get your lady to buy the pants while you buy the jacket.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #60
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
If you like the Banana one, just wait till Wednesday; Banana typically has a coupon out for 40% regular prices every week (for that day only). Just print off a coupon or 2 and get your lady to buy the pants while you buy the jacket.
Any idea where to get these coupons?