Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2016, 01:55 PM   #1041
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Ticket sales for the Grey Cup (which we all hope the Stamps will be participating in) are lagging in Toronto and prices have been reduced.

TORONTO — The Toronto Argonauts are reducing ticket prices for this year’s Grey Cup game at BMO Field.

Tickets will start at $89 with thousands available for under $150.

Under previous pricing, the cheapest tickets were priced at $169 and $199.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl...cup-bmo-field/
The Grey Cup Tickets are an absolute scam, which is unfortunate because it really is a fun event. The Atlantic Schooners Kitchen Party is one of my all time favourite parties.

The last time I went was in Vancouver 2 years ago when the Stamps won. My ticket was close to $400. In comparison, I paid $300 to go to the NFC Championship game in Seattle and this was through stubhub.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #1042
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ah man, I forgot the Grey Cup was outdoors in TO this season.

Great, just another chance for the weather to play the great equalizer and level the playing field which is not what I want as a Stamps fan.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #1043
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Grey Cup shouldn't have been in Toronto in the first place. They just hosted in 2012 and everyone knows they couldn't care less about the CFL.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:48 PM   #1044
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
The Grey Cup Tickets are an absolute scam, which is unfortunate because it really is a fun event. The Atlantic Schooners Kitchen Party is one of my all time favourite parties.
Agreed. I've been to 2 (sadly neither with the Stamps involved), it was awesome. I've never had the fortune to go to the Super Bowl, but according to my cousin's husband who went with us to the 2010 GC, he said he thought the GC was a better time than the SB - and he was at it when my Saints won in freakin South Beach of all places. Just a great Canadiana party at the GC (according to him, the SB is super stuffy and corporate feeling in comparison).

Wish I could go now with the reduced tickets, sadly that's a little too far away for this guy...plus I won't jinx the Stamps that way, they tend to choke in the playoffs when I have GC tix. They should've been in both games I attended.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:50 PM   #1045
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
The Grey Cup shouldn't have been in Toronto in the first place. They just hosted in 2012 and everyone knows they couldn't care less about the CFL.
IIRC it was part of the package to get the deal done when the team was sold.

They knew there would be a couple rough years revenue wise at the gate for the new Argo owners, so they threw them a carrot to finalize things.

I have no problem with it actually as that was a dumpster fire and dragging the whole league down.

The weather in TO isn't usually that bad in late November either.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:08 AM   #1046
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

SportsCentre ✔ @SportsCentre
BREAKING: @Ticats WR/KR Brandon Banks suspended two games for violating CFL's drug policy.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:13 AM   #1047
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
SportsCentre ✔ @SportsCentre
BREAKING: @Ticats WR/KR Brandon Banks suspended two games for violating CFL's drug policy.
Is that why his nickname is "Speedy"?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #1048
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Signing Carter makes no sense unless they have no plans to bring back Roosevelt or he has no plans of coming back. IMO he ends up in Edmonton or BC.

@CFL_News:
#CFL insiders tell @pentonkirk: "My guess is (Duron) Carter ends up in Saskatchewan"

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:01 PM   #1049
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why is the Grey Cup a scam? If you don't like the cost don't go. It's much less than the Super Bowl and is a blast (I've been to four). Scam suggests something nefarious to me and it's a good time for, yes, a high cost but roughly equivalent to three NHL games and for some it's a once-in-a-lifetime event.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:02 PM   #1050
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Why is the Grey Cup a scam? If you don't like the cost don't go. It's much less than the Super Bowl and is a blast (I've been to four). Scam suggests something nefarious to me and it's a good time for, yes, a high cost but roughly equivalent to three NHL games and for some it's a once-in-a-lifetime event.
People aren't going, and the CFL isn't getting the message. The cost is ridiculous. Can you name me another Tier II league that charges $300-$500 bucks for a ticket? An absolute #### you to the fans who support their team all year long.

The Toronto prices are actually reasonable now, but that's only because they had about 80% vacancy in the stadium and had to do something. I wonder if they are going to be issuing refund cheques to all the season ticket holders who paid full price to be at the game? I sure as hell know they didn't in Vancouver two years ago when I paid $400 for a ticket, and they were selling them for like $50 bucks on game day to try and fill the stadium so they wouldn't look like clowns on National tv.

The last year the Grey Cup was in Calgary, my Grey Cup ticket cost more than my entire season ticket package.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #1051
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Randy Chevrier just signed as the long snapper for Sask. He hasn't played since 2014 - I guess they really needed someone.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:51 AM   #1052
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Randy Chevrier just signed as the long snapper for Sask. He hasn't played since 2014 - I guess they really needed someone.
@LeeJonesCTV:
Quote:
Dan MacDonald on one game injured list. Jorgen Hus on six game. That's why Randy Chevrier is coming in. He didn't want to stop playing. #CFL

Old 10-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #1053
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's raining Tiger-Cats and dogs in Ottawa tonight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2016, 07:20 PM   #1054
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Should shut off the upper deck camera off. So much water on the lens it's like watching the game through a camera lens. Lol

Old 10-21-2016, 08:09 PM   #1055
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Always a great night when Frank loses... He sure is turning that Ottawa franchise around!

Old 10-21-2016, 08:12 PM   #1056
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ottawa's protection broke down in their last two possessions. Can't blame Hank on those plays. Hamilton officially in the playoff and Argonauts are done for the season no matter if they win against Calgary or not.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:20 PM   #1057
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jefferson is a beast.

What a tard Leonard is. Wouldn't be suprised if he is fined for that needles crap. Lucky that didn't cost them points either.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2016, 03:42 PM   #1058
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
People aren't going, and the CFL isn't getting the message. The cost is ridiculous. Can you name me another Tier II league that charges $300-$500 bucks for a ticket? An absolute #### you to the fans who support their team all year long.

The Toronto prices are actually reasonable now, but that's only because they had about 80% vacancy in the stadium and had to do something. I wonder if they are going to be issuing refund cheques to all the season ticket holders who paid full price to be at the game? I sure as hell know they didn't in Vancouver two years ago when I paid $400 for a ticket, and they were selling them for like $50 bucks on game day to try and fill the stadium so they wouldn't look like clowns on National tv.

The last year the Grey Cup was in Calgary, my Grey Cup ticket cost more than my entire season ticket package.
I think you missed my point. I never said it's not over priced. I said it's not a scam.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:56 PM   #1059
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did McKnight get drilled in the head that last play??

Old 10-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #1060
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Did McKnight get drilled in the head that last play??
Sure looked like it to me, I think a flag should have been thrown and the Riders should have gotten one more chance to try to win the game.