Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default Again This Sunday - MEGA OPEN HOUSE - Guardian Towers

A colleague and I are going to be hosting a mega open house at the Guardian towers. We will have access to a handful of different units/floor plans.

Sunday February 28th.
11 to 2
1122 3rd St SE

We will have someone in the lobby to let you in the building and will be taking individual groups up into the units that they want to see.

This is the tallest residential tower in Calgary and one of the available units is on the 35th floor!

Both 1 and 2 bedrooms ranging from $335k to $650k.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com

Last edited by Travis Munroe; 02-24-2016 at 11:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Thanks Travis, I will probably show up
Old 02-17-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Sounds good!

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-18-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Travis, are lookie loo welcome or just serious buyers to the open house?
Old 02-18-2016, 03:08 PM   #5
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

anybody can come by.... of course it always helps to be up front about being a casual Sunday browser. It is such a gear grinder when hosting open houses and you can clearly tell the individual is just checking out a place for fun but keeps talking to you as if they are a serious buyer because they feel they will be ignored if they are honest which is not true.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
anybody can come by....
Fair enough. I won't take up the salesperson's time when I'm just browsing so they can talk to other serious buyers.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #7
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Fair enough. I won't take up the salesperson's time when I'm just browsing so they can talk to other serious buyers.

It will be myself and a colleague. Feel free to ask for me and I have no problem giving you a quick tour!

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #8
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Excuse my ignorance, but is this project completely finished or are more towers coming?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-18-2016, 06:21 PM   #9
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but is this project completely finished or are more towers coming?

Thanks in advance!

No problem

Tower 1 to my knowledge is 95% complete as most units have had possession however I know of a few that have not closed on yet.

Tower 2 would be at least 4-6 months out from anyone moving in (my guess based on the timeline so far)

These will be the only 2 towers as part of this complex which took over the original site of where the ArriVa towers were going to carry on.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #10
gladaki
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I will also show up to check it out. Though, I am not buying anything till mid 2017 ...
Old 02-19-2016, 03:32 PM   #11
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can someone explain to a rural simpleton like me why anyone would want to live on the 35th floor of a building? That just doesn't come off as safe. What if there's a fire? Or you just want to get outside quickly for whatever reason? To me it would be like living in a sky cage.

I'm sure lots of people do and its nice place, but its hard for me to get my head around.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #12
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
Can someone explain to a rural simpleton like me why anyone would want to live on the 35th floor of a building? That just doesn't come off as safe. What if there's a fire? Or you just want to get outside quickly for whatever reason? To me it would be like living in a sky cage.

I'm sure lots of people do and its nice place, but its hard for me to get my head around.

I would love to live on the 35th floor.... the views are beyond incredible and if you want fresh air, you have a balcony 35 stories above all the road dust.

The fire regulations in these buildings are very strict. Yes you would need to take the stairs down but when was the last time you heard of a major fire in a highrise in Calgary.

Also great for staying in shape. I don't live anywhere near a 35th floor but I choose to take the stairs every now and then and it is beyond rewarding when you get to the top (maybe its just me)

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #13
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

According to a quick Google search its been two years for Calgary and it happens about every two weeks across Canada.

I'm with you in taking the stairs. Riding in an elevator is about as much fun as going to the dentist or what I would imagine a Justin Bieber concert to be like. I use to work security in my dorm and people got stuck in the elevator all the time.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #14
Imranm
Draft Pick

whats the price range on two bedroom units? and sq footage?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2016, 07:55 AM   #15
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

We lived on the 26th floor of the Arriva building (directly east of these two new towers). Never had any concerns. Two completely separate staircases to evacuate down in the case of a fire, and pretty comprehensive sprinkler systems in the units to activate right away. Nice large balcony facing west to enjoy fresh air and take in the view of the downtown and Stampede (great for fireworks).

We only moved out because my wife tried doing some gardening up there, but nothing really compares to a nice patch of earth in a backyard for that. If not we probably would have stayed for a few more years, even when kid #2 came along.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #16
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imranm View Post
whats the price range on two bedroom units? and sq footage?

Thanks!
The lowest priced 2 bed is 488k right now and it goes up to 650k

Sq ft is between 802 and 925

The biggest factor in pricing is the direction you face. The 488k unit faces the other guardian tower and the arriva while the 650k has the wide open view north and west (and also includes tandem parking)

The 1 bedrooms are interesting. I personally would much prefer the 7th floor in the low 300s than the 31st floor in the mid 300s as the direction the unit faces is of huge value imo. If you are facing the other tower (sandwiched between the 2 corner units then you really have no idea if you are on the 40th floor of 7th floor until you actually step on your balcony. The north facing units look over top the buildings across the street and have a much better view.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-24-2016, 10:23 PM   #17
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Feb 27 is Saturday not Sunday so is it Feb 27 or Feb 28? Thanks.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:28 PM   #18
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Feb 27 is Saturday not Sunday so is it Feb 27 or Feb 28? Thanks.

Thx - it is the 28th (Sunday) at the guardian

Saturday the 27th I'll be at the westgate park towers hosting at that new listing

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2016, 02:58 PM   #19
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post

The amount of money put into many different systems to protect against fire in these types of buildings is very, very high, trust me. Building codes are very strict when it comes to a building like this. There are literally millions of dollars worth of equipment in such a building that's main or sole purpose is to keep you safe (or even beyond that level, to the point where you are not even inconvieniced) in the event of any fire, even the near worse possible scenario.

Yes there are still fires inside suites, but in a big concrete building, when was the last time you heard of a major fire involving multiple suites for a building in North America? It's pretty much unheard of.

People living in modern towers like this are FAR FAR safer from fire than people living in single family, or wood frame structures.

1. Nothing in the structure is made of materials that burn.
2. In the case of a localized fire, there are sprinklers to put it out, and firewalls, and fire stopping etc to keep it a local fire for far longer then it would take the FD to put it out.
3. If somehow that fire was more than localized, there are systems that keep smoke out of exit paths and stairwells, that keep exit paths well lit, etc.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #20
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
The amount of money put into many different systems to protect against fire in these types of buildings is very, very high, trust me. Building codes are very strict when it comes to a building like this. There are literally millions of dollars worth of equipment in such a building that's main or sole purpose is to keep you safe (or even beyond that level, to the point where you are not even inconvieniced) in the event of any fire, even the near worse possible scenario.

Yes there are still fires inside suites, but in a big concrete building, when was the last time you heard of a major fire involving multiple suites for a building in North America? It's pretty much unheard of.

People living in modern towers like this are FAR FAR safer from fire than people living in single family, or wood frame structures.

1. Nothing in the structure is made of materials that burn.
2. In the case of a localized fire, there are sprinklers to put it out, and firewalls, and fire stopping etc to keep it a local fire for far longer then it would take the FD to put it out.
3. If somehow that fire was more than localized, there are systems that keep smoke out of exit paths and stairwells, that keep exit paths well lit, etc.

I don't disagree with anything you say above. I just have a mental block about being trapped up high and not being able to get out quickly if I wanted to. To each their own.