Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-16-2016, 10:11 PM   #41
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
That guy doesn't seem too bright.
He seems like he has led a very sheltered life. I've never seen someone so amazed by the very concept of a taxi cab before.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:25 AM   #42
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
He seems like he has led a very sheltered life. I've never seen someone so amazed by the very concept of a taxi cab before.
That was quite something to watch. Also the crying about leaving home for a few weeks WITH HIS MOTHER.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2016, 06:24 PM   #43
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

The ladies who won't shut up to the cab driver in Colombia on tonight's episode "we're in a race please hurry! El race-o! Won't you huuuurrrryyyy?"

I'd pull over, stop the car, and tell them to shut the #### up.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #44
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Happy Marty and Hagan got eliminated....for not getting their taxi to stick around. That's ironic.

I also can't stand the young lady who is competing with her older father. She acts like an 8 year old.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #45
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

/\/\/\
But she's super hot so I'm gonna cut her some slack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
That was quite something to watch. Also the crying about leaving home for a few weeks WITH HIS MOTHER.
Is that the mother that has the deer in the headlights look all the time? She's unbearable at times. They both are actually.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:27 PM   #46
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

A lot of chaff this race. How do you make the mistake of leaving your cab behind...seriously if you've run half a mile and are still nowhere near the where you're supposed to be. Go back and get it.

And the super duper smart brothers...how exactly do you arrive at the airport in 3rd or 4th and end up as the only team on the last flight?
Old 02-29-2016, 10:51 PM   #47
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Book smart boys again prove not to have street smarts and are eliminated.

A fun leg I thought with some potentially frustrating tasks (the bus if chosen) and the handbags. little girl needs to stop treating her dad as a pack mule before he keels over.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:25 PM   #48
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Myself and ClubFlames lose our first team. They were just terrible on this leg.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:23 AM   #49
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Finally caught up. Just simple mistakes that are doing teams in right now, but overall I'm enjoying this season. Not too much cat fighting between teams which is a nice change of pace over the last couple of seasons. This season is really showing though what strong communication with minimal fighting can do for teams. Hard not to like the yellow team even if they are over the top in love or the top 2 teams.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:59 AM   #50
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Finally caught up here as well.

The book smart guys were actually pretty bad racers, he kept looking for Adriana or whatever and his brother saw all the other teams hand over the bags to the lady from where the detour started and never said anything like why?

Old 03-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #51
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlames View Post
Finally caught up here as well.

The book smart guys were actually pretty bad racers, he kept looking for Adriana or whatever and his brother saw all the other teams hand over the bags to the lady from where the detour started and never said anything like why?
I've noticed that the last couple of races. I think they are keeping a very strict no help from your teammate rule on the roadblocks...or there have just been some very bad teams.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #52
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was a team in one of the recent races that got a penalty when one teammate yelled some instructions to their partner during a Roadblock.

I think you're allowed to offer words of encouragement or say things like "watch what the other teams are doing", or "read the clue again", but you can't tell them exactly what to do or what you've seen the other teams doing.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:30 PM   #53
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

The models, what can you say. They cry because everyone won't help them. Then they miss their train connection because they slowly walked instead of at least jogging or running. Then they cry again.

Why are pretty girl teams always so useless?

Last edited by Johnny199r; 03-04-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #54
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty bad way to end a leg. That's how they start legs, but when they group everyone at the end it is anti-climactic. Crazy how much cooperation is going on though.

I also couldn't believe how rude they all were to the chess guys on the bench. WTF is wrong with you??? Stand up, estimate a couple places and move on. Don't make them move for you. People are horrible.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #55
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suspect the chess guys were planted there by the producers so that the teams would have to work around them.

I'm curious what the instructions were for that task because it seemed to me that the easiest way to do it would be to figure out how many paper widths fit between two of the concrete supports of the bench and then count the number of supports.

I wonder if the end-of-leg bunch-up was planned or if there were issues with the trains that caused it to happen? It really didn't make sense to have the pit stop in another city if everyone is going to end up getting filtered onto the same train at the end (and they would have all been on that train if the "models" had hustled to catch the train). It basically made everything on the leg up to that point moot and it was just a foot race to the finish line.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #56
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of two things happened:

1) the train schedule got messed up

2) they knew the models were sooooo far out of it that they decided to hold a train to bunch everyone up for the photo-op ending and sprint start next leg.

I think #2.

Also the models were terrible. Yes they aren't helping you because then they wouldn't have a team behind them. Makes sense to me even if I think there is FAR too much help going on. I almost think you have a bunch of people worried about their "brand" if they get competitive and "mean".

Thus far no surprises in the eliminations. The weak are being plucked from the herd.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #57
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

I also couldn't believe how rude they all were to the chess guys on the bench. WTF is wrong with you??? Stand up, estimate a couple places and move on. Don't make them move for you. People are horrible.
The clue said that one person had to be on the bench at all times and the newspapers had to be touching or something like that. Basically, it was against the rules to estimate a section. I can't remember exactly what the clue said, but it was definitely done to be a deliberate challenge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #58
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

And yes, a very weird ending with all the teams taking the same train to the pit stop (well, except the annoying models). The good thing for me was that I so wanted the models to go home after all the "Why isn't anyone helping ME?!?" whining, so at least I didn't have to worry about the ending.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:10 PM   #59
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Finally watched the last one.
Mile takes his second hit and is out.
Overall it was a pretty good leg, I would have loved to have flown off that mountain.

Last edited by Superflyer; 03-19-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:59 PM   #60
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stupid Basketball pre-emting the race. Some of us want to watch a real competition, dammit! Returns April 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: