Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default XBOX 360 Help!

Hey guys, so I went to go play some FIFA on my xbox this afternoon and I sat down and turned it on with the controller. The Xbox made its usual starting up whirring noises, and the little power button thingy turned green, but the tv didn't make any sound or show a picture of any sort, and then I realized that my controller was still blinking. So I went up to the xbox and tried to connect it, and the lights on the xbox flashed like it was connected. But the lights on the controller were still blinking saying that it was still unconnected, so I thought maybe it was the controller and tried plugging one of the wired ones I have in, but nope still nothing.

Anyone deal with a problem like this before? any possible solutions?

Thanks in advance
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

HDMI or the video adapter output loose? I know on my old style 360 would get angry if the Video Out connector was loose. Re-seat your cables.

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Hey guys, so I went to go play some FIFA on my xbox this afternoon and I sat down and turned it on with the controller. The Xbox made its usual starting up whirring noises, and the little power button thingy turned green, but the tv didn't make any sound or show a picture of any sort, and then I realized that my controller was still blinking. So I went up to the xbox and tried to connect it, and the lights on the xbox flashed like it was connected. But the lights on the controller were still blinking saying that it was still unconnected, so I thought maybe it was the controller and tried plugging one of the wired ones I have in, but nope still nothing.

Anyone deal with a problem like this before? any possible solutions?

Thanks in advance
When my controller does that it is because the batteries are dying. If you tried a wired one I do not know.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
When my controller does that it is because the batteries are dying. If you tried a wired one I do not know.
I know which flashing you're talking about but it's not like that, it's the flashing that accompanies the controller not being connected to the xbox (the 4 green lights flashing at the same time), which is weird because it is obviously connected to the xbox because it turns it on..
Old 05-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
HDMI or the video adapter output loose? I know on my old style 360 would get angry if the Video Out connector was loose. Re-seat your cables.
Hmm I'll try that, my 360 is as old school as it gets, although I have sent it in with the red rings of death 3 times so far so maybe it's just the end of this refurbished ones life. What does re-seat the cables mean?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
What does re-seat the cables mean?
unplug them/plug them back in. Make sure you're on the right video input etc too.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
unplug them/plug them back in. Make sure you're on the right video input etc too.
Yeah just tried that, got nothing different than before... ####
Old 05-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #8
Badabing
Backup Goalie

Exp:

This happened to me a while back.
Try taking everything out (power cord, AV/HDMI cables, etc.) from both ends. Wait 30 seconds ish, then plug the power cord back in, and reconnect the Xbox to a different input on the TV - worked for me.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badabing View Post
This happened to me a while back.
Try taking everything out (power cord, AV/HDMI cables, etc.) from both ends. Wait 30 seconds ish, then plug the power cord back in, and reconnect the Xbox to a different input on the TV - worked for me.
I'll try that, thanks. I think it's a hardware issue though because one of my buddies brought his xbox over and plugged it into the same cords I was using and it worked just fine
Old 05-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #10
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

My 360 does that when I haven't changed the TV to the correct input...
Not sure if that would help you though.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Problem solved, I unplugged it for a few hours and then plugged it back in and that seemed to do the trick