Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2017, 11:32 PM   #561
llwhiteoutll
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Where has she deleted it? I can still read it and she even came back with a response to the police stating nobody has tried contacting her.

If the police don't have anything to hide, they'll release the video.

I guarantee you they won't.
According to Global, there is a copy still online, but the original was deleted.

The police are most likely bound by privacy issues and can't just splash dash cam footage all over social media.

I think it's pretty suspect that she has enough of a concern to go onto social media and try to raise ####, but the interaction wasn't enough for her to file a complaint with professional standards. It apparently also wasn't concerning enough to her to respond to the police or media attempts to contact her.

Last edited by llwhiteoutll; 03-04-2017 at 11:38 PM.
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:56 PM   #562
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

This is becoming an interesting story in part because the chief has made such an emphatic statement about what he saw on the video.

I'm not saying CPS doesn't racially profile because I have no idea at all. But given the allegation and the response from the chief, this video needs to be seen.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:14 AM   #563
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The CPS is now being accused of essentially covering up the theft and recovery of that police rifle. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...hson-1.4005029

I've been willing to give Chaffin some slack on some of the more entrenched HR issues but to me this one is 100% on him. It has never sat well with me that they miraculously recovered the rifle and no one was ever charged.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:48 AM   #564
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
The CPS is now being accused of essentially covering up the theft and recovery of that police rifle. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...hson-1.4005029

I've been willing to give Chaffin some slack on some of the more entrenched HR issues but to me this one is 100% on him. It has never sat well with me that they miraculously recovered the rifle and no one was ever charged.
The CPS being challenged by none other than Micheal Bates.

Good.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 10:04 AM   #565
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

^ The M stands for Michael?! I always thought it was 'Master'.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puckedoff For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 10:04 AM   #566
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Evidence in his duty bag? Is that a euphemism for narcotic possession?

Did he have the candle stick from the parlour in there?

Isn't a charge that a police officer was carrying evidence in their personal equipment warrant a bit more of an explanation?

Last edited by Flash Walken; 03-06-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #567
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Or he failed some sort of fecal-based drug test?

Anyways, I am not against or opposed to the CPS but you cannot run a Police Service like a High School Locker-room.

This is not High School, this is real life, time to grow up or get out of the way.

Part of growing up is being held accountable for your actions.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #568
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
The CPS being challenged by none other than Micheal Bates.

Good.
Hope he doesn't get knocked out in the ring. Baker's lawyer is the Great White Hope:

Quote:
Baker's lawyer Willie deWit said when prosecutors are made aware an officer's version of events, they could decide — if there's no likelihood of conviction — not to lay charges, alleviating backlogs in the courts system.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #569
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
Hope he doesn't get knocked out in the ring. Baker's lawyer is the Great White Hope:
I met him Willie a few times through work.

The man has hands like a giant, I mean they are ####ing huge.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #570
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Willie is a good guy and a terrific lawyer, but his statement that prosecutors can decide not to lay charges if they think a conviction unlikely, is true of any accused. The difference here is the potential bias, or even just the perception of bias, that makes these practices ridiculous.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #571
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
Willie is a good guy and a terrific lawyer, but his statement that prosecutors can decide not to lay charges if they think a conviction unlikely, is true of any accused. The difference here is the potential bias, or even just the perception of bias, that makes these practices ridiculous.
I have to agree, I dont know anything about that lawyer, but the concept of this process would be like a Cop sitting down with me discussing the ticket hes about to write me and figuring that I'd contest it and it wouldnt be worth his time so why bother?

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #572
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I have to agree, I dont know anything about that lawyer, but the concept of this process would be like a Cop sitting down with me discussing the ticket hes about to write me and figuring that I'd contest it and it wouldnt be worth his time so why bother?
That's right. I can't help but think that the system as it currently works at the CPS, is that cops are necessarily more trustworthy than any other accused. Perhaps do the investigative work first, provide it to the crown, and let them decide.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fighting Banana Slug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 12:04 PM   #573
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
That's right. I can't help but think that the system as it currently works at the CPS, is that cops are necessarily more trustworthy than any other accused. Perhaps do the investigative work first, provide it to the crown, and let them decide.
And thats exactly it.

Within the confines of the system within which they operate they are effectively 'above the law' to the point where they're even 'above suspicion' at times based on nothing more than the fact that 'they're Police Officers.'

It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy because it's self-appointed and self-authorized.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:29 PM   #574
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Yeah, the whole thing is pretty sketchy. Could be a case of just stupid dimwit cop, but the guy is already on desk duty because he's facing six charges of negligence for keeping evidence in his duty bag - what type of evidence he "accidentally" forgot to log we can only speculate. He's not even suppose to have the rifle at all, because again he's on desk duty, yet he's driving around with it in the back of his car.

I've seen Training Day. I can connect the dots.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:57 PM   #575
MBates
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
As long as you keep that up, I will be just fine:

Quote:
Both world amateur champions, both seemingly plucked from Central Casting and both dubbed as Great White Hopes — a moniker deWit found offensive — they were charming, eloquent and burgeoning with talent as they headed off to Los Angeles in 1984.
https://www.thestar.com/news/insight...ere-kings.html

Willie and I get along just fine (probably because I don't call him old boxing names he hates).
MBates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #576
MBates
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Anyone interested I will be on QR 77 just after 11:00 am to discuss the ongoing issues about CPS investigations of their own members.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MBates For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #577
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ha! I loved that line!

"If they're doing this then thats absurd and they should stop it."

Brilliant.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #578
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I would agree as well. I actually had the exact opposite happen. Cop wrote me a completely bogus ticket for reasons I only suspect were because I was a younger guy, nice car, leaving a downtown office, and they thought I would just accept it as it wouldn't be worth my time to fight it. I flat out told him that the ticket was complete BS and that'd i'd be seeing him in court as soon as he handed me it. He proceeded to write up a nice little story on his copy citation after I left which wasn't present on the copy I was issued that exagerated/made up facts.

Long story short, the ticket was thrown out basically because the story on the ticket A) Made no sense in the eyes of the court (said I ran a "yellow" light speeding on the 10th Street Bridge at 5 pm which anyone who works in that area knows is complete BS as it is a slow crawl and B) It was added after the citation was given.

The cop basically doubled down on his B/S, rather than walking away from it.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 03-08-2017 at 11:47 AM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:11 PM   #579
MBates
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Ha! I loved that line!

"If they're doing this then thats absurd and they should stop it."

Brilliant.
Haha. Sometimes the words just fall into place. It seems to me that the CPS and Crown might not have known I have a copy of the ASIRT report from September of 2015. Gotta love FOIP

For those who missed it. The recording can be listened to here:

http://www.newstalk770.com/audio-on-demand-2/

Select the 11 am time slot and then fast forward to the 5 minute mark.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MBates For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2017, 08:02 PM   #580
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBates View Post
Haha. Sometimes the words just fall into place. It seems to me that the CPS and Crown might not have known I have a copy of the ASIRT report from September of 2015. Gotta love FOIP

For those who missed it. The recording can be listened to here:

http://www.newstalk770.com/audio-on-demand-2/

Select the 11 am time slot and then fast forward to the 5 minute mark.
God damn just listened to this and I love that you're calling that garbage out.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post: