Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-21-2017, 11:58 PM   #1
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Showcase/Syfy's HAPPY!

Is anyone else watching this terrifically manic & deranged show?

Christopher Meloni is amazingly funny playing a former-cop-turned-hit-man who meets a small, imaginary blue-winged horse named Happy, who was originally suppose to be voiced by Bobby Moynihan (SNL) but after he dropped out the very very funny Patton Oswal stepped in and was a genius choice. The black comedy is based on the graphic novel of the same name by Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson. Happy! actually captures the tone “Marvel’s the Punisher” should have aspired to, its grisly, gross and nutty without abandon, it begs to be watched by the equally disturbed. The third episode was aired last night but I'm sure you could find them online or Shaw's VoD, cheers.

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was about to make a thread for this show. The premise drew me in, and the product is keeping me there. I have yet to catch up on this week's episode, but so far it has been highly entertaining.

Neo-noir-surrealist-action-comedy. It's almost like a very dark Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Definitely recommend.

EDIT: Should also mention that it airs in Canada Thursday evenings at 8 PM MST on Showcase.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I watched the first episode and quite liked it. I'm a big Patton Oswalt fan so I checked it out when I found out he was in it.

I didn't know Bobby was slated to play that role. No doubt he left to be on "Me, Myself and I". It's already cancelled so I bet he's kicking himself.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote