Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2016, 04:01 PM   #241
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoFleury View Post
Honestly, I've been mostly happy with the way the game plays, especially since the skill stick. The rest of the game seems so stale and unchanging though.

It's not even the stuff they don't change, it's the stuff they don't FIX. I wonder if they've fixed player progression yet? You can't even play past year 5 because all good young players develop into 99 speed, 99 acceleration, 99 shot power, 99 accuracy, face offs don't develop at all, strength doesn't develop at all... just ridiculous. Also, no career statistics tracking and no ability to track your team's yearly stats after you advance to the next season. It's 2016 FFS.

What we do get is a half baked morale system and the ability to set the price of hotdogs. It's like EA has enough money to buy tires for their car or paint it... and they paint it. It can't drive without wheels EA, forget about the paint!

For my money it doesn't get any better than nhl 2k3, nhl 2k4, nhl2k5 and nhl2k6. I miss that series so much. Better in pretty much every way.
Agreed 100%

They have finally mastered the nuances of the game except the stick lift, but now they've added the stick tie up in front of the crease. I really wish they would bring back the hook (which slowed down the guy you're chasing) and the stutter step in 2013 where you quickly tapped L2/LT and you did a stutter rather than fully skate backwards. And now there's no glitch goals.

So the mechanics are there. But another issue is the player rankings. Not sure how Girardi is 85 overall. These guys don't even follow hockey it seems.

But you're right about the progression. The draft is inconsistent with the Green/Yellow/Red 5 Star system their stats progression too. I could honestly accept some worse graphics and improvement in the details such as these.
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkGio For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #242
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Keep in mind that the overall ratings are a bit funny. Like if you are a playmaker and have high passing, offensive awareness, etc. then you are going to be rated super high. If you have pretty good passing, offensive awareness, then have 100 in a bunch of skating, strength and other skills, then you may be rated worse than the first example, even though your player may be insane on the ice.

Definitely open their profiles and look at the whole stat summary.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:54 PM   #243
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awesome glitch in Online VS. I get a penalty, but it's delayed so the other guys goalie goes off for the extra attacker. Then the game glitches and it goes to a faceoff at center ice, but his extra attacker is still out with an empty net. Win the faceoff, and goal on the empty net.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:47 PM   #244
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Now that I have 17 I'm thinking about giving away some players for 16 on xbox one. Highlights include:

94 OVI
93 Backstrom

Lemme know if there is any interest and I'll post a list later of all I have.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #245
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The only legend I want this year a Al Mac. Who wants vernon? He'll just let in 6 goals a game.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #246
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone interested in joining an EASHL club?

I play evenings and weekends.

Last edited by MarkGio; 09-19-2016 at 11:21 AM.
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #247
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hows the franchise mode looking?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:55 PM   #248
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Not too bad. All of the concession price adjustments and stuff are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unnecessary.

McDavid is leading my league with 37 points in 20 games though, so it's accurate.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #249
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Same as the last five years
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #250
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have said it I don't know how many times, but combine the depth of Eastside Hockey Manager with the playability of the EA franchise, and you have an amazing game.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #251
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still humming and hawing about buying this game. The NHL series is my favourite game ever (once played an entire season in a week and at one point was ranked in the top 100 on versus) however nothing has been done recently to improve the game while the skating and stickhandling seems to have gotten worse.

I also don't care about the EASHL and only ever play online versus and be a GM mode. It is really disappointing they did not fix the major issues and bugs with the GM mode and have instead added hot dog prices for some reason.

I think I will wait a month or two until the price goes down and even then I would only be buying it for the roster updates.
FireGilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #252
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Were there any updates at all to Be A Pro?
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:05 AM   #253
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

From, what I have heard it sounds exactly like what happened last year: Slight improvements to gameplay, a bunch of unnecessary additions to parts of the game no one cares about. Still no cumulative stats.

This will be the first year since Electronic Arts NHL Hockey that I do not purchase this game....with Destiny: Rise of Iron and then BF1 I don't feel like throwing money at EA Sports if they are not going to be giving us what we have been asking for for years.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #254
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hate the Hybrid controls. Anyone having problems with them? It seems every time I pass it and my player goes to receive it, it'll automatically make another pass usually down the ice for no reason.

This is the first year they've made the controls for the hybrid like this. I like to use the skill stick but like to use the buttons to pass.

Any way I can customize my controls? (Xbox)
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #255
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm confused, when you are using the skill stick you still have to use the trigger and bumper to pass. What buttons are you using?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:22 PM   #256
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I'm confused, when you are using the skill stick you still have to use the trigger and bumper to pass. What buttons are you using?
Not in NHL 16 unless PS4 is different. I still use A to pass but as soon as I receive a pass and make any sudden movement with my skill stick it makes another pass usually down the ice.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #257
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

The skill still is used for shots not for passing, and it never has I don't believe. More than likely you are moving the right stick forward rather than to the side and that would cause the puck to be shot.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #258
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
The skill still is used for shots not for passing, and it never has I don't believe. More than likely you are moving the right stick forward rather than to the side and that would cause the puck to be shot.
Well it keeps making me ice the puck where it has never done that in the last 16 years I've played these NHL games. The Hybrid controls has never given me problems until this year.

I don't see why I wouldn't be able to have the choice of playing with the same controls I always have and I am guess many more others are used to as well.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #259
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess what I am trying to say is that it has nothing to do with you using the hybrid controls.

Either you're moving the skill stick up into the shooting position instead of to the side in a deke position, or your controller is starting to die.

There have been many times since the skill stick came in for 07 that I meant to deke one way but moved the stick too far forward and shot it by accident.

Last edited by Hockeyguy15; 09-20-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #260
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I am barely touching the joystick. Literally as soon as i touch it, it does it.