Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #201
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Any sales or trade in deals this year for the game? I'll go buy tomorrow.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #202
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Is the gameplay in the official release much different than the demo?

Very excited for my copy to arrive.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #203
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Gameplay seems smoother than the beta. I'm trying to decide if the extra $20 is worth it to get the 1 pack per week. They are usually such garbage packs though I think I might just go with the regular version. Don't really care about the NHLPA 94 celly.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:29 AM   #204
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, it doesn't look like I'll be getting my copy today from Amazon. I bet when it does ship it'll be from it's Ontario warehouse instead of Richmond so I won't get it until next week.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:16 PM   #205
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

EA servers are down... surprise surprise.
Went to a lot of trouble to get NHL 17 2 days earlier than the regular Dutch release date, got the kids in bed early, sent the wife away for the evening and then you get this.

I actually start believing they do it on purpose. Stupid EA.
J79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:27 PM   #206
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Yep.. Hammered out some appointments, at EB for 10am, get the game rush home, say goodbye to the wife as she won't see me for a week and enter all my codes then... Disappointment ...

I swear EA is the Edmonton Oilers of Video Games.

Edit: looks like the server is up 11:45 pst

Last edited by IgiTang; 09-13-2016 at 12:45 PM.
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #207
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Well, it doesn't look like I'll be getting my copy today from Amazon. .

Me too, my expected arrival date is sometime between the 22-28. I preordered during the E3 sale months ago. Amazon is typically solid but this is horrible.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #208
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Strange. I got mine from Amazon today.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:36 PM   #209
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

How long has the install been for any of you PS4 download (not disc) users?

After about an hour to download the first 5 gigs, the install is only 15% after another 1.5hrs. Must be downloading the other 14 gigs in the background? This is like watching a Bollig breakaway.

Last edited by topfiverecords; 09-13-2016 at 07:40 PM.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:11 PM   #210
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Strange. I got mine from Amazon today.
Are you a Prime member? I read that they're starting to give members top priority when shipping. I only order a couple times a year from them so I don't think getting a membership is worth it.

Up until the past year things were good. The game would ship the day before from Richmond and I would have it delivered before lunch. Then it seemed like everything is getting shipped from Ontario and arrives a week or more later.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:32 PM   #211
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Are you a Prime member?
Indeed I am.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:17 PM   #212
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Mine shipped from Best Buy...unfortunately, Crappy Post isn't delivering it until Thursday.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:18 PM   #213
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
How long has the install been for any of you PS4 download (not disc) users?

After about an hour to download the first 5 gigs, the install is only 15% after another 1.5hrs. Must be downloading the other 14 gigs in the background? This is like watching a Bollig breakaway.
It's like 28 gigs total. I'm trying to download it a hotel, just brutal
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:37 PM   #214
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Why does ea RUFUSE to compile career statistics for players in GM mode??? It takes something out away from the emersion of managing a team when I can't see how many god damned career points Gaudreau has by year 7 for instance.

Literally every other sports game can do this and have been doing it for years and years. NHL used to before nhl15 and they just stopped, presumably because they hate details and they like pissing their customers off.

It's just adding up numbers in a column EA, this shouldn't be so hard. Practice on MS Excell and you can see the magic for yourself.
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:43 PM   #215
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, same game different year. Step in the right direction but really nothing too interesting. Played one game, got bored, turned off the PS4. Usually how it goes.

Edit: Putrid soundtrack too.

Last edited by N-E-B; 09-13-2016 at 10:48 PM.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:59 PM   #216
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

can anyone speak to the create a team or move a team or generate your custom team thing this year??

It's supposed to be overhauled / much better. Is that true / is that worth buying the game for?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #217
The Coppernian One
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Maybe I'm just mad because the CPU just lit me up for 7 goals on 24 shots...guess Rinne isn't that good of a goalie.

I'm only a game in on the solo draft mode, but things seem smooth. Still some of the same annoyances as in previous games.
- EA still hasn't figured out that some goalies can actually pass the puck effectively over a bit of distance.
- CPU still seems to be able to block passes at will if it's even close to them
- Still haven't fixed wingers that don't help win face offs. You wingers don't come in unless you are tying up the face off. If the other team is and you are not wingers just stand and do nothing.
- Only one game, but defensive AI for my players still seems poor.
-I've only opened one pack, but if they all open that way (cards explode open when you cycle to them) someone needs a kick in the head.

Hopefully with some more play and a larger sample size I'll be able to have some positives to say. Looking forward to trying the Franchise mode.
The Coppernian One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:19 AM   #218
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bought it. Played a bit last night. Didn't buy last year's (because I was so annoyed by NHL 15) which was the first one I haven't bought since NHL '95.

I basically only play online now. GM Connected was my favourite mode, so I'm still pissed off that they didn't fix its lag issues and instead just abandoned it. I don't play HUT; it strikes me as the most transparent sort of pay-to-win crap that I can't stand about modern games and their microtransactions... So I guess most of the reason I bought this was for EASHL.

My impressions are that gameplay is improved from NHL 15, for sure. EASHL as a mode is somewhat improved by the anti-griefing stuff. I also think the "pre-select your position" thing is a good idea, but it did result in a long delay before I managed to get into a game. Average is 3 rooms have to be quit out of before the timer elapses just owing to not having enough players to be worth having a game.

The other thing is, and I guess this was true of last year, is there's no player progression. That's a mixed bag for me. Yes, it was annoying having to slog through amateur and rookie skill levels to get your player to a point where he was good enough for the game to really get fun. It was also really frustrating having to try to fulfil the AI's terrible idea of what makes a "good player" to keep your average ratings up and advance.

But now, there's no goal. It appears that the only reason to level up is to get access to some hairstyles or other cosmetic things you can use to personalize your player. It makes the mode a lot like online vs, which I also play, but I tend to get bored of after a while because it's like... okay, I won a game, and my ranking went up a bit. So what? Who cares? Reminds me of those complaints people had about No Man's Sky.

Seems like the only real "keep you engaged" aspect of online play now is either building a HUT team (which, go #### yourself EA, I already spent $80 on your game) or EASHL clubs. So... someone want to start an EASHL club?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #219
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Got 10 packs yesterday when I plugged in my disc. Can't believe the good cards I'm getting this year and probably have the best starting team I've ever had in NHL HUT off the hop.

Pulled:
Thornton
McDavid
Sedin
Radulov
E Kane
O'reilly
Radulov
Brodie
Lindholm
Larsson
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #220
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coppernian One View Post
-I've only opened one pack, but if they all open that way (cards explode open when you cycle to them) someone needs a kick in the head.
You can skip that animation. I think you just press A/X as soon as you open the pack (it shows you a prompt of "Press button to skip animation")
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote