Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2024, 10:53 AM   #81
FlatLandFlamesFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well that was another roller coaster of entertainment

Kuzy is the new king

Naz continues to impress , Zary s' game continues to improve , Coronato seems to be finding his game.

Screw the standings winning is fun

FlatLandFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:00 AM   #82
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

It funny how the PP suddenly turned around after the team was pretty much mathematically eliminated
Old 04-13-2024, 11:03 AM   #83
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kuzmenko is a fun player to watch with a lot of personality. Going to be a fan favourite for a little while I think.
I do wonder if the Flames aren't just going to sign him in the offseason.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:03 AM   #84
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
It funny how the PP suddenly turned around after the team was pretty much mathematically eliminated
Or was it when Kuzmenko joined it? And when Andersson stopped getting all the PP1 time?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:04 AM   #85
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Kuzmenko is a fun player to watch with a lot of personality. Going to be a fan favourite for a little while I think.
I do wonder if the Flames aren't just going to sign him in the offseason.
No need. Waiting through the 1st half of next season is a free option for them
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:06 AM   #86
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
No need. Waiting through the 1st half of next season is a free option for them
I agree. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if they do.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 11:10 AM   #87
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I imagine with Kuzmenko, Sharangovich and Mangiapane, it'll be the same is this years crop of UFA's.

Conroy will offer them extensions that he thinks will be good for the team and they can take it or leave it. If they won't sign then he'll trade them for more futures.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:12 AM   #88
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Kuzmenko when the official called it a good goal

The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 11:24 AM   #89
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kuzy takes a 4 * 3.5 over the summer and turns into a 40 goal scorer?
Old 04-13-2024, 11:35 AM   #90
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett44 View Post
I see a lot of people upset that a certain poster doesn't like Kuzmenko because of the pride jersey thing. But I remember there being a huge outrage in here when Reimer and others did the same thing.

Was the outrage more because of the comments he had made at the time? Or are people more willing to forgive or ignore it if it's a player on their team or that they are a fan of?

And trust me, I don't care either way over not wearing a jersey for warm-ups. But it just seems a very opposite reaction of what i remember when players on other teams opted out of doing the same thing.

And to be clear, I think people can be outraged or they can choose not to care. You can't force people to accept everything you believe. But you're certainly free to judge them if you want to.
For me I didn't want to end up in a pointless argument when it came to other players, because I didn't care or follow the situation enough to weight in on it. Here because of how vocal the outrage got I actually listened exactly to what Kuzmenko said, and I see where he is coming from and mostly share his opinion.

It irks me when any minority has the exact same legal rights and opportunities as I do, but that's not enough. If you don't agree with everything that minority says/does then you're a bigot, a transphobe, a homophobe, a sexist, or a racist.

It also bugs me that people here use Kuzmenko being Russian as an excuse, it could be the reason, but it doesn't have to be. Not supporting pride night for one's own reasons is also just fine, and doesn't make one a bad person, or an LGBTphobe.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:44 AM   #91
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't really get the fight over the wins. They've been absolutely awful since the deadline, you couldn't ask them to be worse than they have. They were on track for a 13th-15h overall pick and plummeted into the top 10. It's actually been a remarkably successful tank job. They can still potentially can lose their way below Ottawa, Montreal and Ari-Salt Lake. You should take that as a win IMO.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saillias For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 12:04 PM   #92
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Hate to break it to you, but there’s nothing political about not wanting an LGBTphobe on your favorite hockey team. You’re allowed to disagree about taxes and health care while respecting others.
Moving into IGNORE territory methinks.

But, for the sake of the conversation, who actually gives a single sh*t about what he believes? Maybe he believes in black magic? Or Grimm's Fairy Tales? Or he's a Born Again? All of the above may well be annoying to someone...but all I - and I suspect most posters and Flames Management - likely care about is his on-ice performance.

But...I digress. Please go ahead and froth at the mouth about something political woke babble babble.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:13 PM   #93
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Kuzmenko is rad.

How does the saying go, "Judge a man not by the color of his hockey tape, but by the content of his heart and stats"?
Old 04-13-2024, 12:14 PM   #94
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
For me it's the Russian factor for sure. We don't know what his personal situation is and to what degree friends and family, still home in Russia, would be exposed to risk.
It is pretty much this for me too. The idiots who live in North America and cry about these issues re just simply bigots. But if a guys family is at risk it makes sense to be a little more cautious.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aarongavey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 01:23 PM   #95
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
I am just glad, as the father of a 10 year old girl, that once Pierre Pollievre is in power there will be someone at every washroom asking my daughter to strip to prove she does not have a penis before she enters the public washroom. I know it seem invasive but regular people don’t know the epidemic of washroom issues that are taking place.
Nobody is going to do that, or talking about doing that.

But I'm so glad that you're all worked up about this imaginary fear, and don't care at all about the real live women who are being raped because a handful of chronic sex offenders are able to enter women's washrooms at will.

Quote:
Don’t even get me started on the number of men I know, regular jocks, who have decided to remove their penis to try to get better results in intramural sports at university. This is another issue that concerns all Canadians and it is happening far too often.
Again, this is not what's happening. Male athletes don't have to get any kind of surgery or even hormone treatment. All they have to do is declare that they identify as female, and they can compete in women's sports.
Old 04-13-2024, 01:43 PM   #96
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I imagine with Kuzmenko, Sharangovich and Mangiapane, it'll be the same is this years crop of UFA's.

Conroy will offer them extensions that he thinks will be good for the team and they can take it or leave it. If they won't sign then he'll trade them for more futures.

We should trade all of them for picks and prospects. Their primes won't line-up with when the Flames will be competitive again, Kuzmenko and Sharangovich will hopefully be at peak value next year, Mangiapane maybe bounces back and has some more value next year too.

We likely won't end up like Chicago or San Jose as we'll still have Backlund, Coleman, Kadri, and Huberdeau as competent veteran forwards, Andersson and Weegar on the backend and then Markstrom / Wolf in net. We simply don't have the salary cap structure to go for an all-out tank, so we don't have to worry about having no one around to mentor younger players into the league.

Hopefully all of Kuzmenko, Sharangovich, and Mangiapane have excellent seasons next year and each of them commands a pick / prospect / player style trade nearing the deadline. Replacing those three with 6 under-25 players and three 1st / 2nd round picks would be amazing.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 02:22 PM   #97
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
Hopefully all of Kuzmenko, Sharangovich, and Mangiapane have excellent seasons next year and each of them commands a pick / prospect / player style trade nearing the deadline. Replacing those three with 6 under-25 players and three 1st / 2nd round picks would be amazing.
Exactly right. And for those who want to keep these players, they're going to be UFAs, so if they really want to come back to Calgary they can re-sign in the offseason.
cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 07:25 PM   #98
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I imagine people give him more of a pass partly because it didn’t happen here, partly because it was not recent and I don’t recall any comments Kuzmenko made, partly because he seems like a likeable guy otherwise. And sure, because he’s a Flame is probably a big part.

There’s also the Russian thing:

“NHL teams’ concern for Russian player safety has arisen since Russia’s anti-gay laws were amended in early December. Per The New York Times, the new law makes it “illegal to spread ‘propaganda’ about ‘nontraditional sexual relations’ in all media, including social, advertising and movies.” The law states fines can be up to $6,400 for citizens and $80,000 for organizations.”
They literally banned photos of men eating ice cream together because they said it promotes what they consider non-traditional relationships. Just the other day a woman received 4 months in prison for wearing earrings with a rainbow pattern.

I could dig up the sources but am too lazy right now. Things have gotten down right stupid there.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:21 AM   #99
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Post game links
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/41973455
https://www.espn.com/nhl/game/_/game...6/flames-ducks
https://www.espn.com/nhl/recap/_/gameId/401560496
https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/calgar...boxscore-41276
https://fieldlevelmedia.com/news/and...es-over-ducks/