Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #1021
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
You know you use it from the Pokestop screen (not items) and click the little cylinder on top of the spinny thing?
That must be the issue! I kept going into the item screen, attempting to select it from there.

Thanks
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #1022
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Caught my first Snorlax today at lunch in Eau Claire, and my second 200m from home 5 mins ago. What the hell?
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:18 PM   #1023
sharkov
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Caught my first Snorlax today at lunch in Eau Claire, and my second 200m from home 5 mins ago. What the hell?
You lucked out!
sharkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:47 PM   #1024
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Finally hit level 20! Now all I have to do is get a Dragonite, Mewto (when they realese it) and a Pikachu and I've checked off my entire bucket list for this game
Old 08-13-2016, 07:25 PM   #1025
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

And just like that I caught a Dragonite today!
Old 08-13-2016, 10:48 PM   #1026
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Didn't feel like going too far to play so just did a short bike ride to hatch my first 10km egg at level 22.

The riding is good, but it's annoying trying to not go too fast and to try and find straight lines to bike in.

All the trouble got me a Jinx...

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #1027
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't seem to bike slow enough to get any real progress when I'm biking. I'm not sure what the speed limit is, but it's definitely slower than I'm used to riding.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:17 PM   #1028
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I can't seem to bike slow enough to get any real progress when I'm biking. I'm not sure what the speed limit is, but it's definitely slower than I'm used to riding.
It seems like max speed may have been decreased last update. Even traveling in straight lines I'm having a hell of a time getting distance awarded.

I don't get a lot of distance in research park though, since it's a circle. So biking it is.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #1029
t0rrent98
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This has got to be a glitch but has anyone experienced seeing the other pokemon still alive and picking at you when their life bar is next to nothing when your battling in the gym? Like they should be dead but they are still picking away at your life points.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this but it's pissing the hell out of me.

CPHL Dallas Stars
t0rrent98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #1030
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Top speed for hatching eggs is apparently 10.5km/h
Old 08-15-2016, 01:35 PM   #1031
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 08-15-2016, 02:51 PM   #1032
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Top speed for hatching eggs is apparently 10.5km/h
This explains the platoons of skateboarding pokemon players that have flooded Eau Claire. I installed a 22T:34T gear ratio onto my singlespeed bike and still was too fast to log miles.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #1033
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I've been going pretty hard the last few days. Might take a little break for a couple days and do something else... Haha.

Level 27

New Top 10:

Vaporeon 2069
Gyarados 2039
Snorlax 1999
Poliwrath 1993
Gyarados 1978
Arcanine 1959
Lapras 1948
Slowbro 1844
Dragonite 1807
Lapras 1765

Pokedex is at 120/151, pretty close to Raichu, Dugtrio, Victreebell, Golem, Rapidash, Electrode, Exeggcutor, Weezing, and Omastar. More than halfway to the candy requirements in all of those cases to evolve them.

That'll take my Pokedex to 129 which is pretty awesome.

That will just leave:

Venusaur, Charmeleon, Charizard, Blastoise, Vileplume, Alakazam, Machamp, Dodrio, Muk, Chansey, Tangela, Porygon, and Kabutops to round out the regional 142 maximum pokedex.

Last edited by malcolmk14; 08-15-2016 at 03:20 PM.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2016, 04:14 PM   #1034
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Well, I've been going pretty hard the last few days. Might take a little break for a couple days and do something else... Haha.

Level 27

New Top 10:

Vaporeon 2069
Gyarados 2039
Snorlax 1999
Poliwrath 1993
Gyarados 1978
Arcanine 1959
Lapras 1948
Slowbro 1844
Dragonite 1807
Lapras 1765

Pokedex is at 120/151, pretty close to Raichu, Dugtrio, Victreebell, Golem, Rapidash, Electrode, Exeggcutor, Weezing, and Omastar. More than halfway to the candy requirements in all of those cases to evolve them.

That'll take my Pokedex to 129 which is pretty awesome.

That will just leave:

Venusaur, Charmeleon, Charizard, Blastoise, Vileplume, Alakazam, Machamp, Dodrio, Muk, Chansey, Tangela, Porygon, and Kabutops to round out the regional 142 maximum pokedex.
Can i just ask how? Like how often do you put in work and where do you go. Id be thrilled to catch a pikachu and bulbasaur. Ive gone to eau claire for 4 hours at times and never seem to catch anything interesting, how on earth have you accomplished this! tell us your secrets!
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:32 PM   #1035
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Interesting to see the regional nature of the game. Lots of Abra and Oddish where I am (Montreal), but no sniff at all of several that you have evolved out - and how far behind I am in level and pokedex won't change that, I don't think.
And as the summer starts drawing to a close, so to will my Pokémon hunting days, I think.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:24 PM   #1036
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Charmander must be the rarest starter. I've only caught a Charmeleon at a lured stop, and haven't seen a single Charmander from 180+ eggs.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:44 PM   #1037
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Charmander must be the rarest starter. I've only caught a Charmeleon at a lured stop, and haven't seen a single Charmander from 180+ eggs.
Charmander are 2k eggs, so almost no candy anyway.
But bolded is the real reason why Niantic doesn't want tracking. If you can track down a wild Charmander, people may buy less incubators trying to hatch one.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:59 PM   #1038
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
Can i just ask how? Like how often do you put in work and where do you go. Id be thrilled to catch a pikachu and bulbasaur. Ive gone to eau claire for 4 hours at times and never seem to catch anything interesting, how on earth have you accomplished this! tell us your secrets!
Prince's Island Park - most days from 11 am to about 3 pm. Sometimes I'm there in the evening from 10 pm on, but not very often.

Been to Research Park a handful of times.

Most stuff I get from hatching eggs. I've bought sets of 8 incubators twice and have hatched 176 eggs. Other than that, used lucky eggs a few times for mass evolves of pidgeys, weedles, caterpies, and haven't put any other money into it - just the incubators!

Definitely taken a lot of time!
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2016, 10:12 PM   #1039
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Prince's Island Park - most days from 11 am to about 3 pm. Sometimes I'm there in the evening from 10 pm on, but not very often.

Been to Research Park a handful of times.

Most stuff I get from hatching eggs. I've bought sets of 8 incubators twice and have hatched 176 eggs. Other than that, used lucky eggs a few times for mass evolves of pidgeys, weedles, caterpies, and haven't put any other money into it - just the incubators!

Definitely taken a lot of time!
Nice work. I'm definitely into the "grind" stage where I'm trying to go to PIP or Research park (I much prefer the latter.. where it's 95-100% people playing pokemon) a few times a week for a few hours at a time and just catch a ton, working up to 65 evolves for lucky egg.

At level 23 I'm starting to get more rare pokemon. And quick gym stop everyday for 2+ turn ins on gyms for some coins/dust.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:54 PM   #1040
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
That will just leave:

Holy crap, nice work. No wonder you've been so quiet in the golf thread.

You probably already know, but for Blastoise, hit confederation park at 10st. Park 8 stalls in on the southern-most row of spaces and you'll get a squirtle there. Walk on either side of the tunnel for 300m on the hour and you'll come up with 5+.

Don't know if it's a nest, but my Gloom needs another 11 candies to get to Vileplume. Most of oddishes are from the Bow Valley Ranche triple lure.

Parking lot at Kinsmen park (strathmore) has a triple lure spot. Scooped a strange number of machops and mankeys there. Again, not sure if it's a nest for Machamp candy, but I must've taken down 6 in an hour.

I'm resisting the urge to hit those pokevision type sites that still work. More fun to blindly follow the running herds.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cracher For This Useful Post: