Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk

View Poll Results: What are you buying?
Xbox One 66 15.46%
PS4 189 44.26%
Changed from Xbox One to PS4 8 1.87%
Changed from PS4 to Xbox One 6 1.41%
Getting both (eventually) 30 7.03%
Waiting for more info 60 14.05%
Not getting either 68 15.93%
Voters: 427. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2016, 01:06 PM   #4581
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been on a bit of a tear upgrading my home theatre for 4K and HDR.

- Denon AVR2112ci receiver swapped out for a AVR-X2200w, en route via Fed Ex.
- Day-One Xbox One 500GB swapped for an Xbox One S 1TB, got $220 for the trade and a free adapter to hook up the Kinect. Hopefully there's a trade-in program when the Scorpio comes out.
- Toshiba 55L6200U 3DTV swapped out for a Samsung UN55KS8500, arriving tomorrow.

I hope developers start supporting HDR on new and existing titles.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #4582
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife has worked long hours the past number of months so rewarded me the other day by bringing home a new Xbox One S. The kids have started playing video games so I've basically lost my current xbox to them. I again have my very own to use when i wish. Really like the machine and how games are running on it.

Actually having time has allowed me to actually properly start some time consuming games I've been avoiding...Witcher 3 for example.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:49 PM   #4583
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
My wife has worked long hours the past number of months so rewarded me the other day by bringing home a new Xbox One S. The kids have started playing video games so I've basically lost my current xbox to them. I again have my very own to use when i wish. Really like the machine and how games are running on it.

Actually having time has allowed me to actually properly start some time consuming games I've been avoiding...Witcher 3 for example.
You can get months of enjoyment out of Witcher 3 especially if you do a lot of side quests and the expansion packs.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #4584
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post

I would just add that ea access is an amazing deal, and of course get all of the free games from your xbox live every month including the 360 ones. I lost my xbox one to my son so I am back onto the 360, but found that I had so many games that I hadn't played that I really don't mind.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:29 PM   #4585
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Is anyone having very frequent Xbox live outages? I've had the system for a week and have had maybe 2 days where it wasn't down.

Edit: playing nhl17 so maybe an ea server problem?

Last edited by calgaryblood; 09-22-2016 at 02:32 PM.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:35 PM   #4586
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Is anyone having very frequent Xbox live outages? I've had the system for a week and have had maybe 2 days where it wasn't down.

Edit: playing nhl17 so maybe an ea server problem?

Destiny and Xbox Live has been up all week. EA is famous for terrible servers.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #4587
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Destiny and Xbox Live has been up all week. EA is famous for terrible servers.
Just on Xbox? I've always had a ps4 and haven't had any problems. Maybe should go back if it's strictly an Xbox issue.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:36 PM   #4588
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Just on Xbox? I've always had a ps4 and haven't had any problems. Maybe should go back if it's strictly an Xbox issue.
No, in general EA has never been known for their server reliability.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:43 PM   #4589
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

EA sucks at everything.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 04:07 PM   #4590
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I YouTube'd it and it was a simple fix. Hopefully it stops disconnecting me in the middle of my games.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SPcoeNXG29E
Old 02-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #4591
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

pewpew (Looking forward to E3!)

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #4592
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice to see this thread revived. I'm looking forward to what Scorpio brings to this generation in terms of games, functionality and of course moving all consoles forward.

The assumption that I'm making is that it is considered this generation as it is a requirement that Scorpio play all xb1 games, but with emulators i'm not sure that even this distinction matters any more.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #4593
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Playstation is so far ahead in quality exclusive software now it's largely irrelevant. Microsoft has cancelled as many interesting looking exclusives as they've released recently, and the ones that have come out are the same tired franchises critics and consumers aren't responding to as much anymore.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:45 AM   #4594
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Playstation is so far ahead in quality exclusive software now it's largely irrelevant. Microsoft has cancelled as many interesting looking exclusives as they've released recently, and the ones that have come out are the same tired franchises critics and consumers aren't responding to as much anymore.
Yup just this month Nioh and Horizon. New IPs that are getting amazing reviews. Not even close unless you wanna count Halo Wars 2 (another sequel)
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #4595
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Not sure if this should be posted here or the videogames thread but the new PS4 firmware just came out last night.

There's lot of changes including the ability to set your own wallpaper instead of having to live with or buy themes, the ability to use your own external USB 3.0 hard drive (no longer have to upgrade the internal drive if you run out of space), boost mode for PS4 Pro, improved PSVR, etc.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:42 PM   #4596
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default XBone Vs PS4 Vs PC - VIDEOGAME POLITICS THUNDERDOME - PS4:900p-XBone:720p-PC::smug:

I was always an Xbox guy (as a huge N64 kid, Sony was evil to me), but yeah, most of my time is spent with my PS4 Pro these days. Horizon is a huge coup for Sony and is an incredible exclusive to have in their arsenal.

I still slightly prefer the feel of XB1's controller, however. The DS4's still a quality piece of kit nonetheless.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:43 AM   #4597
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Snagged a PS4 yesterday with MLB the show. Trying to install it from a physical disc, but it seems like im stuck on the NYM vs KC game until it installs. I let it sit overnight and it still isn't even half way done... is that a game disc issue or am I doing something wrong?
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #4598
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Snagged a PS4 yesterday with MLB the show. Trying to install it from a physical disc, but it seems like im stuck on the NYM vs KC game until it installs. I let it sit overnight and it still isn't even half way done... is that a game disc issue or am I doing something wrong?
Baseball is such a slow game that even the video game installs slowly.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:53 PM   #4599
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
What is your internet speed?

If you can, connect with an ethernet.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #4600
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
Baseball is such a slow game that even the video game installs slowly.
The answer is, of course, more beer!