Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #2101
Free Ben Hur!
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Settle down, not everyone likes your beloved player
Ya, this comment actually isn't about Iggy. It's about fans of Iggy that wanted to pull for him in a tangible way. To demean that is really just cheap no matter whether you like him or not. It's a respect thing. Hopefully you get it.
Free Ben Hur! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Free Ben Hur! For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #2102
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How quickly fans forget what Iginla has done for the Flames organization and fanbase.
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Canuck-Hater For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #2103
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

And lookie here Garrioch being the total hack that he is taking the first opportunity to bag on Iggy some more.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/08...loss-to-bruins

Too bad Jarome, I for one wanted to see you lift the Cup this post season. I hope you end up with another contender who can help you finally fulfill the Dream.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #2104
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck-Hater View Post
How quickly fans forget what Iginla has done for the Flames organization and fanbase.
7 million dollars a year is a lot of money and being able to play the way he wants.

He is a good player, but it is not like like he wasn't being paid or was under constant pressure (he had a free pass during his time here)

Last edited by keenan87; 06-07-2013 at 11:23 PM.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keenan87 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #2105
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Fool View Post
What impresses me about Rask is how low his reaction time is. He's so fast. His midichlorian count must be off the charts.
I betcha if Irving played in net for the Bruins in this series, he'd likely get 4 shutouts. C'mon, the Bruins defensive coverage has all the credit for this. Rask only had to make the first saves on the Pens first shots. As well, the Pens never had puck support and never gained control of the blue in in the offensive zone. Cripes, at most times, it looked like the Flames were playing against the Bruins and at times, Crosby started to look like Iggy when he's got double coverage. I think Crosby's days are over and it looks like he may have suffered another concussion. Man, he's fragile.

Anyway, the Bruins figured out how to play a talented team in their first cup run with the Canucks and they won. They played Crosby the same way and didn't get any push back from their first line wingers and the result is pretty devastating especially when the Pens defense was like Butler soft and gave the Bruins so much room. Also didn't like the fact that Matt Cooke is a top 6 forward on the second line with Malkin - are you serious Bylsma?
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #2106
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

It is natural for people to wish that unfair and unhonest action should lead to fail, rather than to success. I personally would have cheered for Iginla if he went to Boston. Also now, that he is DESERVINGLY punished for his unclassy way he backed out on his word, I wish him to go to LA or whereever and finally win the Cup.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pointman For This Useful Post:
Ark2, kn
Old 06-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #2107
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSharp View Post
I betcha if Irving played in net for the Bruins in this series, he'd likely get 4 shutouts. C'mon, the Bruins defensive coverage has all the credit for this.[...]
Silly hyperbole aside, it's true that no one gets a .988 save percentage in conference finals without good team defense. I don't see how that takes anything away from Rask though. And he is still impressively fast even for an NHL goalie.

You should tell the Bruins that could just as well use Irving before they sign Rask for 6+ million this off season. They could save a lot of money.
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Henry Fool For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #2108
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
And lookie here Garrioch being the total hack that he is taking the first opportunity to bag on Iggy some more.

Too bad Jarome, I for one wanted to see you lift the Cup this post season. I hope you end up with another contender who can help you finally fulfill the Dream.
From the same article......

Lucic had some kind words for Iginla

Quote:
“First off, he’s a great player. He’s a legend,” said Lucic. “He’s a future Hall of Famer and I think looking back at that day he earned the right to make the decision he made. You can never blame a guy for going with his heart and making that type of decision. I’m not going to insult him in any way.

“He’s a guy that I always looked up to as a teenager and seeing the way he played. As a Canadian, seeing what he did in the Olympics and all that type of stuff, he’s definitely an idol of mine. I’m sure if he could go back he would make a different decision, but in saying that he’s still a great player.”
Old 06-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #2109
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post

Reading that story I didn't feel like he was picking on hin at all. He was just telling the truth.
CedarMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CedarMeter For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #2110
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that series did not go as I'd expected. Bruins showed the power of having excellent team play and mental strength. The pens showed the danger of lacking team play and mental strength.
I can't say I enjoy watching the Bruins, but there's no denying that they were excellent.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #2111
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 06-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #2112
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSharp View Post
I betcha if Irving played in net for the Bruins in this series, he'd likely get 4 shutouts.
Put the pipe down
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saqe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #2113
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
From the same article......

Lucic had some kind words for Iginla
What a dbag,

Sincerely Moon.

Here's what Iginla's first thought should be in choosing Pittsburgh over Boston

trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #2114
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I kept my Smiling Iggy Avatar out of respect for the Man and all did as a Flame.
Am I bitter he didn't chose the done deal to be a Bruin like I dreamed he would, sure I wanted to buy an Iginla Bruins jersey.
The Bruins fan base was all set to embrace him.
I'm not going to slag the guy but I was ticked that Boston was trading Barkowski, Khokhlachev and their 1st and Iggy killed it.
We all saw how great rookie Barkowski at D played and put up pts vs T.O and NYR and Khoklachev is highly regarded and is a Center, call me selfish but I wanted what was best for the Flames.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #2115
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last time Pittsurbgh got sweep prior tonight was back in the 78/79 playoffs... and it was if you guessed right it was Boston. They had gone 45 straight series without being swept.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #2116
Kaine
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Things I learned from this series.

1. Chara is a beast. Best Dman in the league and the fact that Letang even got a nomination and Chara didn't is an outright atrocity.

2. "Best players in the world" mean absolutely squat when a solid team of players that compliment each other very well play an outstanding TEAM game. The Bruins were incredible, especially Chara sacraficing Krejci into that pass with the cross check. Beautiful!

3. A few morons around here are making themselves look like absolute fools by trashing Iginla. I am one of the few that did not want to see him win this year, I wanted the better draft pick and I despise the Pens but Iginla is still an incredible human being and a future HOFer, shame on those outright trashing him as a person or actually laughing at his misfortune. Dude went with his gut and it didn't pay off, some of you act like you've never made a choice that you've had to live with in life.

4. It feels SOOOOOOO good to see the Pens get swept after having the media cram them down our throats for so long. Knowing that the delusional fan-base that has no clue how lucky they are will be crying themselves to sleep tonight makes me very happy.

Cheers.

*edit

5. After reading that article Dion posted, I learned that Lucic is a pretty stand up guy. Good on him for saying that about a huge rival, it's still nice to see some players have respect for one another.

Last edited by Kaine; 06-08-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaine For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #2117
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn this sucks.... I'm still bummed about seeing Iginla in another jersey, and now all for not.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #2118
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

If Iggy had chosen the Bruins, he would have slowed them down and Toronto would have won. He would have taken the same country club atmosphere he instilled in Calgary and saddled the Pens with.

But seriously, Malkin is an awful, selfish player. Couldn't believe the CBC speaking so highly of his ill advised 1 on 4s. Offensive effort, stupidly unfortunately, and when he loses the puck or doesn't succeed, he goes limp. Both game winning goals in game 3 came after Boston took possession from him and he mailed it in. He has gotten a pass for his part in outscoring teams, but when you are not scoring, you can't play the Calgary defensive style.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #2119
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Are Flames fans really badmouthing Iginla? Did you start following hockey in 2011?

Give your heads a shake.
Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.
saskflames69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:16 AM   #2120
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

* was being facetious about Iggy, serious about Malkin
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote