Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #21
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
How about you grow some thicker skin and when you make a thread about awards and your first name under the Hart is a guy who wouldn't win it now and has basically zero chance of winning it in the end, and someone points out that it's ridiculous, you don't get all offended?

Tell you what, 20 bucks says VF doesn't win the Hart or the Vezina. Paypal. Deal?

As for my opinion, it's not controversial:
Hart = Crosby
Vezina = Anderson (he won't win it in the end but if you have to hand it out now it's a no-brainer)
Norris = Pietrangelo
Adams = Boudreau
Selke = Toews
Calder = Tarasenko
It's not that you pointed it out, it's how you pointed it out, and how you post in general in your year or so of posting history. You're abrasive and belligerent and I don't remember the last time you made a valuable contribution to the forum where I thought to myself, "That's a really good post". I shouldn't have even clicked "show post" next to your name because in my experience the last few months, 90% of the time that ends up with me reading garbage.

If you made a well-reasoned argument in a non-antagonistic way for why Fasth shouldn't be in the conversation (which you've since done, sort of, I guess), then I wouldn't have had a problem with your post at all.

Anyway, I'm not interested in having this conversation go any further. I put my post up to get discussion going in a new thread because I was interested in the contributions of others.

And of course I'm not making a bet with you on whether Fasth will win anything, what is wrong with you?
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #22
AR_Six
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

^1. The ignore button is your friend if you don't like posting style but people are allowed to be abrasive and honestly vehement disagreement on hockey matters is pretty much par for the course among hockey fans where I'm from (particularly given I work with so many Oiler fans) and 2. what's so odd about betting on a sporting outcome?

Suter's gone and Weber has been mortal all year, the Predators are fighting for playoff positioning, yet Rinne is still at the top of the league statistically, because he's actually an elite goalie and the biggest reason they're in that fight. Fasth isn't why the Ducks are winning.

First, Kane plays with Sharp and Bolland. Believe me, I wish he shared the ice with Serious and Hoss because I have the latter in my pool, but he doesn't because the Hawks are ridiculous and have two first lines. The players he's with aren't any better than Perry's and Getzlaf's. They're not better than what Daniel Sedin is playing with. They're not better than Datsyuk's or Thornton's or Staal's. Yet he's outscoring all of those guys.

Almost every elite player in the league has an elite player next to him yet some perform at a higher level than others. A notable exception is Sidney Crosby who gets Dupuis and Kunitz, and he's my Hart pick, so there you go.
AR_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #23
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well Crosby gets a lot of his points on the power play with Neal and Malkin, so he does get some time with elite players. It's not like he's playing with Flames' bums or anything.

Oh and I have to agree that Rinne would get the Vezina right now (over Anderson). We all saw how bad the Preds were with Mason in let. They lost Suter, Radulov, and a couple other guys, and yet are still in playoff contention. Aside from Trotz' coaching, really Rinne is the only person keeping them in games.

To be quite honest I didn't even realize Fasth was doing that well; I had assumed Hiller was in net for most of their wins. And I bet the same would happen with the voters. They see a lot more of the teams out East, or teams with earlier start times (like Chicago), then they do the teams out West (like the Ducks). The stats may say otherwise, but I don't see Fasth being a finalist right now at least.

Last edited by trackercowe; 02-19-2013 at 05:49 PM.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #24
vilzeh
First Line Centre

Exp:

Fasth has played 8 games, with 8-0-0, of course people think he's a machine or something, but hell no should he be considered as HART nominee at this moment.. He is not even the MVP of his team.

He has been good, yes, but just good, he just makes the saves every 1A1B goaltender should do in this league, except for the Flames that is.

Last edited by vilzeh; 02-19-2013 at 09:46 PM.
vilzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #25
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Was at the St. Louis game last week and Pietrangelo seemed like he was a man amongst children.

Think he's the favorite for the Norris now that Karlsson in injured.
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puckluck2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #26
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scott Cullen's Mid-Season awards: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417924

Hart Trophy Winner: Crosby (Runners Up: Staal, Getzlaf)
Norris Trophy Winner: Letang (Runners Up: Subban, Ekman-Larsson)
Vezina Trophy Winner: Anderson (Runners Up: Niemi, Rask)
Calder Trophy Winner: Gallagher (Runners Up: Huberdeau, Brodin)
Selke Trophy Winner: Bergeron (Runners Up: Datsyuk, Toews)
Jack Adams Trophy Winner: Quenneville (Runners Up: Boudreau, Therrien)
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

1st over all Calgary............Alberta keeps running the picks.
HELPNEEDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #28
Wronskian
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Scott Cullen's Mid-Season awards: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417924

Hart Trophy Winner: Crosby (Runners Up: Staal, Getzlaf)
Norris Trophy Winner: Letang (Runners Up: Subban, Ekman-Larsson)
Vezina Trophy Winner: Anderson (Runners Up: Niemi, Rask)
Calder Trophy Winner: Gallagher (Runners Up: Huberdeau, Brodin)
Selke Trophy Winner: Bergeron (Runners Up: Datsyuk, Toews)
Jack Adams Trophy Winner: Quenneville (Runners Up: Boudreau, Therrien)
When was the last time a team had both the hart trophy winner and norris trophy winner that were different players?
Wronskian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #29
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wronskian View Post
When was the last time a team had both the hart trophy winner and norris trophy winner that were different players?
The Oilers with Gretzky and Coffey?
Old 03-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #30
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wronskian View Post
91-92- Messier and Leetch
moon is offline   Reply With Quote