Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #1961
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

There is no way Jose Bautista hits 50 home runs again. I'll be surprised if he hits more than 30. So that right there will decrease the Jays offensive production. I also don't think Vernon Wells is going to be hitting 30+ next year either. Guys like Hill and Lind should be more productive but I don't think they'll hit many more balls out of the park than they did last year. Snider if he can stay healthy though should be able to knock out 25.

I think it will depend on if Morrow can take another step forward and be more consistant, and than have Cecil repeat what he did last year. They also have two spots to fill at the back of the rotation so that could be a bit of a Wild Card.

Overall I think TB lost a bit this offseason, but they'll still have a pretty good pitching staff. So maybe the Jays can win 85 games again, and maybe this year thats good enough to be 3rd in the Division.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #1962
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There is no way Jose Bautista hits 50 home runs again. I'll be surprised if he hits more than 30.
How come? Bautista doesn't hit cheap HR's, and had a top 5 batting average against fastballs, curves, and sliders. He can't hit changeups or splits, but very few pitchers can throw a solid change for a strike.

Bautista showed he can be patient last year and not chase the junk. He actually improved as the season went on last season.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #1963
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Cordero gets a spring training invite.
Quote:
Chad Cordero has signed a minor league contract with the Blue Jays and the 28-year-old will also receive an invite to spring training.
The right-hander, who had labrum surgery in 2008, was an All-Star in 2005 with the Washington Nationals, when he recorded 47 saves and a 1.82 ERA.
http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=348011
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #1964
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Speaking of Canseco, he's apparently attempting a comeback.

The Jays look like they'll basically be the same team they were last year more or less. Just have to see if the 85 wins was luck, or if they are actually that good.
what, you mean MMA didn't work out?

habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #1965
Gozer
Not the one...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
How come? Bautista doesn't hit cheap HR's, and had a top 5 batting average against fastballs, curves, and sliders. He can't hit changeups or splits, but very few pitchers can throw a solid change for a strike.

Bautista showed he can be patient last year and not chase the junk. He actually improved as the season went on last season.
Keep Bautistas season in perspective though, he hit more bombs than Pujols, Thome, or Frank Thomas ever had in a season. He might do it again, but expecting a second consecutive MVP-calibre season is awfully heavy.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #1966
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post

I will give you the latter part, but there a plenty of pitchers that don't need to throw it for a strike. Marcum could have and will continue to. His location will be missed.

But like Gozer said, he out his how many superstar hitters? He'll be hard pressed to repeat. Nothing's impossible, but the standard he hit is pretty high, almost improbably high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozer View Post
Keep Bautistas season in perspective though, he hit more bombs than Pujols, Thome, or Frank Thomas ever had in a season. He might do it again, but expecting a second consecutive MVP-calibre season is awfully heavy.
not that i don't pine for a similar recurrence from JoeyBats, but his season was pretty magical. he did garner 7 2nd place votes but a similar season would put him in serious contention for a few 1sts.

perhaps d murphy is a genius...

I'd love to land chavez if he's healthy...

Last edited by Ziggy Lidstrom; 01-15-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Ziggy Lidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball , blue jays , greggzaun.com , haha buckner , yankees suck