Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
Pauly
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Anders Erikkson

Whats the deal with Erikkson's play so far in QC? Is he actually playing well, looking about the same as everyone else, or looking horrible even at the AHL level?
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Has he even dressed yet? There was a delay with him getting down there so not sure if he's actually played.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Eddie Bronze
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
Has he even dressed yet?
No.
Eddie Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

last word i heard was that he would be down on tuesday or wednesday of this week. haven't heard any reports of him being here. we have a home game tomorrow night. we'll let you guys know if we see him!
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

McGill said in the paper that he expects him to dress tomarrow night.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eariler in the week I heard on the radio that he was getting his broken finger dealt with. As soon as that was done he was going to report.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #7
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have fun with him. A cardboard cutout of Huselius plays better defense than Anders Eriksson...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:22 AM   #8
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Have fun with him. A cardboard cutout of Huselius plays better defense than Anders Eriksson...
He's related to Tim Ramholt?!

Minor league attitude, major league pain
Drunk Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #9
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
McGill said in the paper that he expects him to dress tomarrow night.
Looks like what he--and we--expect and what we're getting are two entirely different things!

Duane Sutter said he was going to be here, too. As I said before, I'm not holding my breath.....
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #10
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just saw this in the Chicago article in another thread...

Quote:
-- Eriksson still absent: QC's Peter Vandermeer (LW) has been playing defense for the bulk of this season so far, and on Thursday, Cam Cunning (LW) was practicing with the defense. The Flames are still waiting on the arrival of former NHL defenseman Anders Eriksson to fill that role. The veteran has played in 552 NHL contests and is reportedly tying up loose ends in Calgary before reporting here.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #11
Rampage
Backwater Rag Editor

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
That's B.S. He was a plus player on a brutal Columbus team. He had some high profile brain farts last season, but certainly isn't as bad as some people make him out to be. Remember when Philly fans were celebrating on message boards when Vandermeer was traded? Yeah, fans identify scapegoats which is unfair but a tradition that I doubt will change.

'ram-"pAj: a course of violent, riotous, or reckless action or behavior
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #12
Metro Gnome
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
That's B.S. He was a plus player on a brutal Columbus team. He had some high profile brain farts last season, but certainly isn't as bad as some people make him out to be. Remember when Philly fans were celebrating on message boards when Vandermeer was traded? Yeah, fans identify scapegoats which is unfair but a tradition that I doubt will change.
Yes. He's been waived, passed over by every team in the league, and sent to the AHL because he isn't that bad.

The Huselius comment, was, of course a gross exaggeration. But let's face facts here: Eriksson isn't very good. He got scored on my more frequently than any other Calgary defender at even-strength. He was a liability on the PP. He was healthy scratch for about 20 games last year, including 4 games in the play-offs.

Im willing to bet his NHL days are over.
Metro Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #13
Rampage
Backwater Rag Editor

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Gnome View Post
Yes. He's been waived, passed over by every team in the league, and sent to the AHL because he isn't that bad.
Ever heard of the salary cap? Darryl Sutter, as he's done with multiple fringe players on the club, overpaid this Swedish blueliner. There's nothing wrong with Ericksson as a 6/7 defenseman in the NHL, but for $1.5 million? C'mon.
He wasn't passed over by every team in the league because every NHL club thought he was junk, it's because Sutter's keen eye for value thought he should be pulling a million and a half.

By the way - there were games last season when 'Ericksson the horrible' was logging top-three ice time minutes. This on a team noted for being deep on the blueline.

'ram-"pAj: a course of violent, riotous, or reckless action or behavior

Last edited by Rampage; 10-17-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #14
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Does his "finger injury" have to be monitored by a real doctor?

Or is this all just a bunch of BS because the inept prima donna doesn't ever intend to show up? It would be nice to know, since Pelech and Palin both are out with injuries... Even a vet with little skill would be better than what we have right now.

Way to go, Calgary Flames! First it was "immigration issues", then "family matters" and now a "finger injury". Keep hiding him up north. Way to look out for the farm boys! Tell us again that you care what happens here....
Old 10-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #15
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Ever heard of the salary cap? Darryl Sutter, as he's done with multiple fringe players on the club, overpaid this Swedish blueliner. There's nothing wrong with Ericksson as a 6/7 defenseman in the NHL, but for $1.5 million? C'mon.
He wasn't passed over by every team in the league because every NHL club thought he was junk, it's because Sutter's keen eye for value thought he should be pulling a million and a half.

By the way - there were games last season when 'Ericksson the horrible' was logging top-three ice time minutes. This on a team noted for being deep on the blueline.
And he obviously feels absolutely nor obligation to actually earn that million and a half. What a standup guy...and what an amazing concept of right and wrong or professionalism.

If he ever bothers to show up in QC, I, for one, certainly won't be cheering for him. He'll have to earn any respect from me....and at this point, it's going to be an uphill climb!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #16
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyOne View Post
And he obviously feels absolutely nor obligation to actually earn that million and a half. What a standup guy...and what an amazing concept of right and wrong or professionalism.

If he ever bothers to show up in QC, I, for one, certainly won't be cheering for him. He'll have to earn any respect from me....and at this point, it's going to be an uphill climb!
Wow, you really seem to be jumping to conclusions. I can understand your frustration but none of us really know what the deal is.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #17
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyOne View Post

Wow.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:53 PM   #18
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well the Qc could use a defenceman they are falling like flies down here. Ryan Wilson was hit from behind and layed on the ice motionless. He got up missed a couple of minuets and kept playing. My question is to McGill, You going to let one of your young guys get hit from behind and almost end his career and not do anything about it? not send out a tough guy to rough someone up? Oh yeah we only had ONE LOUSY SHOT on a 5 min power play. this team is in shambles and McGill has no control of it.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:08 PM   #19
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
this team is in shambles and McGill has no control of it.
At least the Farm and the Big Club are consistant....
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #20
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
At least the Farm and the Big Club are consistant....
Close but Keets is playing his butt off and they havent lost a game due to him playing poor.