EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ if similar to writing stuff like this is not your job, it should be
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #5462
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAnOutrage View Post
Concourse Roars, “McDavid in Five!” as Sharks lead Oilers 1-0 in Series

The atmosphere at Rogers Place was electric last night as a new generation of Oilers’ playoff fans packed the concourse for a mere $80.00 a head; a price even the skinflintiest Connor McDavid supporter could not argue with. Despite that the opposition overcame a two-goal deficit and went on to win in overtime, the McDavid faithful were undeterred in their belief that the Oilers' wunderkind would carry the team to the second round, and chants of, “McDavid in Five! The Dream is alive!™” were still being heard around the arena long after the game had ended. The same optimism was abundant at the Oilers’ head office as Stew MacDonald, Chief Commercial Officer, was absolutely gaga over finally having a little playoff revenue to spread around. “This is fantastic. This absolutely fantastic!” raved MacDonald. Not content with the revenue from a mere one game loss, before the night was out MacDonald had summoned his sales and marketing team for a brain-storming session on how to maximize the opportunity. As of press time “McDavid in Five! The Dream is Alive™” had been trademarked by the Oilers along with, “McDavid in Six, Pay More for our Tix!™” and, “McDavid in Seven! All thanks to Kevin!™” T-shirts bearing the slogans along with the Oilers and Sharks logos are now on sale wherever McDavid merchandise is sold; a solid $45.00 investment. At the next Oilers’ home game McDavid faithful can also look forward to Connor McNacho™ trays featuring exactly 97 chips and a collectable chip and cheese holder for $21.99; family size, 97oz Connor McCola™ collectable buckets for $59.99; premium Connor McParking™ within 970 feet of Rogers Place for $97.00; and, the ultimate accessory for the well-to-do, avant-garde McDavid superfan: a limited edition vial of Connor McStemcells™ for $979,797.97 straight from the Oilers’ First Pick Overall Development Lab (FPOD)™.
I swear these get better and better.

Well done Outrage.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
The Following User Says Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #5463
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The atmosphere at Rogers Place was electric last night as a new generation of Oilers’ playoff fans packed the concourse for a mere $80.00 a head; a price even the skinflintiest Connor McDavid supporter could not argue with. Despite that the opposition overcame a two-goal deficit and went on to win in overtime, the McDavid faithful were undeterred in their belief that the Oilers' wunderkind would carry the team to the second round, and chants of, “McDavid in Five! The Dream is alive!™” were still being heard around the arena long after the game had ended. The same optimism was abundant at the Oilers’ head office as Stew MacDonald, Chief Commercial Officer, was absolutely gaga over finally having a little playoff revenue to spread around. “This is fantastic. This absolutely fantastic!” raved MacDonald. Not content with the revenue from a mere one game loss, before the night was out MacDonald had summoned his sales and marketing team for a brain-storming session on how to maximize the opportunity. As of press time “McDavid in Five! The Dream is Alive™” had been trademarked by the Oilers along with, “McDavid in Six, Pay More for our Tix!™” and, “McDavid in Seven! All thanks to Kevin!™” T-shirts bearing the slogans along with the Oilers and Sharks logos are now on sale wherever McDavid merchandise is sold; a solid $45.00 investment. At the next Oilers’ home game McDavid faithful can also look forward to Connor McNacho™ trays featuring exactly 97 chips and a collectable chip and cheese holder for $21.99; family size, 97oz Connor McCola™ collectable buckets for $59.99; premium Connor McParking™ within 970 feet of Rogers Place for $97.00; and, the ultimate accessory for the well-to-do, avant-garde McDavid superfan: a limited edition vial of Connor McStemcells™ for $979,797.97 straight from the Oilers’ First Pick Overall Development Lab (FPOD)™.
I feel I must tell you that I just sent this word for word in a massive group text to all Oiler fans i know.

Thanks

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #5464
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Because rivalries. And I just don't agree with a team doing that out of nowhere when you know your arch rival has a tradition of it. Just seems super corny and copycat to me, you don't have to agree.

I remember after 04, I was wondering if Edmonton would jack that C of Red idea in 06. But they didn't. And after your crowd anthem thing in 06 went viral across the continent, I was worried the Flames would try to do that in 07 playoffs. But they didn't. I remember feeling happy about both, it felt like a mutual subtle nod of respect between hated rivals to leave each of our cool playoff traditions alone and separate, I liked it. I distinctly remember thinking this.

Granted this is before the Katz years, I don't expect that guy to respect a single thing in his life.
Instead they tried to use Copper Kilometre as a cheesy ripoff of the Red Mile. E=NG.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FLAMESRULE For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #5465
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Spoiler!

Tech Question: How do you thank a post hundreds of times again...?

The Following User Says Thank You to drewtastic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #5466
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Full Credit To ThisIsAnOutrage

I had to, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 04-13-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #5467
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Needs the plug for his "book"
Old 04-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #5468
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Pure magic.

Many thanks, and many kudos.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
The Following User Says Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #5469
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A Oiler fan started a thread on Hf after the first period saying Will Edmonton Win The Cup lol they're the most annoying fan base around.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kybb79 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #5470
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ps im a longtime reader of CP but first time poster.Edmonton is no damn good.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kybb79 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #5471
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybb79 View Post
A Oiler fan started a thread on Hf after the first period saying Will Edmonton Win The Cup lol they're the most annoying fan base around.
Had a fiend (not a typo, Oilers fan fiend) text me "THE OILERS ARE PLAYING LIKE THE CHAMPS!" after the first period.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #5472
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Had a fiend (not a typo, Oilers fan fiend) text me "THE OILERS ARE PLAYING LIKE THE CHAMPS!" after the first period.
Haha yep Oil fans are unbearable right now i hope the Sharks sweep them.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #5473
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Lol that was hilarious. Now on hf all u see is their fans whining about the refs. God i hate that entitled fanbase.
The Following User Says Thank You to flamesforcup For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #5474
Dan403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Old 04-13-2017, 02:53 PM   #5475
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

It has been a long time for Oiler fans. Soon they will understand that the standard for officiating is different in the playoffs. Always has been, always will. Being over a decade it may take them some time to figure that out.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #5476
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ps im a longtime reader of CP but first time poster.Edmonton is no damn good.
You will fit in just fine.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 03:00 PM   #5477
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

I can't wait 'till the Sharks eliminate the Oilers and their deluded fans start to chant "Oilers in 8!"
Old 04-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #5478
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Needs 97 thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #5479
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
It has been a long time for Oiler fans. Soon they will understand that the standard for officiating is different in the playoffs. Always has been, always will. Being over a decade it may take them some time to figure that out.
Yeah. They call less in the playoffs.

Last night they called more.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #5480
Sutter_in_law
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
Yeah. They call less in the playoffs.

Last night they called more.
Jesus.

Even the local sports radio hosts are saying that it was not due to reffing, and they are huge Oiler apologists - the reffing was fine, the team took 4 offensive zone penalties.

Hell, McLellan himself said he only disagreed with one call.
Closed Thread