Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #821
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

ah lol....oh well can't hit as well with the stick only anyways so reverted back to classic (seems to work anyways, look how good we were last night)
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #822
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by secol View Post
ah lol....oh well can't hit as well with the stick only anyways so reverted back to classic (seems to work anyways, look how good we were last night)
We actually did look pretty good... it was fun
Diverce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #823
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Same with penalties (way too many), but again, sliders. I like the custom goal celey's you can do, there's some good ones.
How do you configure or preview these? The 360 just seems to list that there are a whole tonne of them on buttons as Custom Celebration #1/#2/etc, but doesn't let you edit which button leads to which celebration. As a result, my character keeps ending up flat on the ice (A).
Old 03-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #824
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
How do you configure or preview these? The 360 just seems to list that there are a whole tonne of them on buttons as Custom Celebration #1/#2/etc, but doesn't let you edit which button leads to which celebration. As a result, my character keeps ending up flat on the ice (A).
Couldn't tell ya man, sorry. I've just kinda memorized a couple of em from seeing my buddies doing it, I still don't know them all. I agree that they should list it somewhere, that could definitely be clearer.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #825
TylerSVT
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

They just need to overhaul the whole system, its basically been the same game for 3+ years with minor additions every subsequent year. They need to rebuild the game from the ground up with new, better graphics engine and change some of the stuff that just is stupid.

Like if i win the Stanley Cup, i want my players to go crazy and the fans to go crazy and the announcer to go crazy... i dont want some Hi-5's and then a giant 200ft plasma screen over the ice...

And the next season... i would like the announcers to say "defending cup champs" or "first game back from winning the cup" etc... This isnt impossible tech. EA just seems lazy to me.
TylerSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #826
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
They just need to overhaul the whole system, its basically been the same game for 3+ years with minor additions every subsequent year. They need to rebuild the game from the ground up with new, better graphics engine and change some of the stuff that just is stupid.

Like if i win the Stanley Cup, i want my players to go crazy and the fans to go crazy and the announcer to go crazy... i dont want some Hi-5's and then a giant 200ft plasma screen over the ice...

And the next season... i would like the announcers to say "defending cup champs" or "first game back from winning the cup" etc... This isnt impossible tech. EA just seems lazy to me.
You do get this in BAP, they also talk about you if you win a trophy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #827
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm annoyed at the championship banner raising before each HUT game. Even though I was knocked out in round two this season, it still does a banner raise because I've won it in the past.

Makes people quit all the time.
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #828
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Am I the only one who hates the announcers? Lately I've actually turned them off completely, and just jacked up the on-ice sound effects, crowd noise, music and PA guy to 100%, feels like you're actually at the game.

It's funny now when I play that way, as I'm doing a season with the Flames (obviously), and I can't get Loubo PBP out of my head during plays. It's actually kinda beauty.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #829
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Am I the only one who hates the announcers? Lately I've actually turned them off completely, and just jacked up the on-ice sound effects, crowd noise, music and PA guy to 100%, feels like you're actually at the game.

It's funny now when I play that way, as I'm doing a season with the Flames (obviously), and I can't get Loubo PBP out of my head during plays. It's actually kinda beauty.
I actually started doing my own PBP... throwing the Loubo lines in every now and then.

Wow... I need to get a gf
Diverce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diverce For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #830
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverce View Post
I actually started doing my own PBP... throwing the Loubo lines in every now and then.

Wow... I need to get a gf
Thank god I'm not the only one...
Old 03-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #831
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

So having this game now for about 3 weeks I can say that the verdict is in and...it sucks. Playing BAP and it is just broke. I made a playmaking centre and that is the only thing you can try and do is set up teammates because if you go to the slot and are wide open your teammates won't feed you the puck, they only will if you are on the perimeter, its gay! Half the time when I am up ahead of a player waiting at the blueline rather then pass it to me wide open they shoot it in around the boards. Also, any time you win an offensive zone faceoff you know that it will go to the d man at the top of the zone for a one timer...every time. The game is all kinds of bad, sorry I bought it.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #832
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have you tried Be A GM mode? To me, that's the bread and butter of this series.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #833
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
So having this game now for about 3 weeks I can say that the verdict is in and...it sucks. Playing BAP and it is just broke. I made a playmaking centre and that is the only thing you can try and do is set up teammates because if you go to the slot and are wide open your teammates won't feed you the puck, they only will if you are on the perimeter, its gay! Half the time when I am up ahead of a player waiting at the blueline rather then pass it to me wide open they shoot it in around the boards. Also, any time you win an offensive zone faceoff you know that it will go to the d man at the top of the zone for a one timer...every time. The game is all kinds of bad, sorry I bought it.
if you are sure that you are wide open just tap for the puck?
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #834
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
Have you tried Be A GM mode? To me, that's the bread and butter of this series.
It's just too bad that the bread has gone moldy and the butter is low fat margarine. It's pretty much the only mode I play as well, but it was broken for 2 and a half months right out of the box (XP cap). I remember the 'star players in the minors' bug, and couldn't believe that could get through their testers (which I am pretty sure are a group of monkeys, 5 at the most). All in all, this mode needs some serious renovations by NHL 12.

The AI can be so ridiculously frustrating. It really hampers the experience. I know nothing can be perfect, but the decision making of my teammates is just so atrociously bad that there just isn't an excuse for it.

With the Flames making a playoff push, the extra time I find myself with, and the lack of a really good game to invest that time in, I am playing NHL 11 far more. I just wind up so frustrated after a session that I question my motives for actually plugging it into the Xbox. I'm not sure if I am a masochist, or just plain stupid to come back to something that drives me nuts.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #835
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by secol View Post
if you are sure that you are wide open just tap for the puck?
Ya, that rarely works.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #836
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
It's just too bad that the bread has gone moldy and the butter is low fat margarine. It's pretty much the only mode I play as well, but it was broken for 2 and a half months right out of the box (XP cap). I remember the 'star players in the minors' bug, and couldn't believe that could get through their testers (which I am pretty sure are a group of monkeys, 5 at the most). All in all, this mode needs some serious renovations by NHL 12.

The AI can be so ridiculously frustrating. It really hampers the experience. I know nothing can be perfect, but the decision making of my teammates is just so atrociously bad that there just isn't an excuse for it.

With the Flames making a playoff push, the extra time I find myself with, and the lack of a really good game to invest that time in, I am playing NHL 11 far more. I just wind up so frustrated after a session that I question my motives for actually plugging it into the Xbox. I'm not sure if I am a masochist, or just plain stupid to come back to something that drives me nuts.
The worst example of CPU AI is on the powerplay. I've got the puck in the corner, yet my guy refuses to get open and in proper position for a pass. No doubt, it's really frustrating.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #837
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
The worst example of CPU AI is on the powerplay. I've got the puck in the corner, yet my guy refuses to get open and in proper position for a pass. No doubt, it's really frustrating.
Extremely frustrating, yes. They are hardly ever in position to take a proper pass or shot. There are a lot of instances of just poor AI decision making. I absolutely hate when I get a 2 or 3 on 1 and my teammate(s) peel off towards the boards just as I get past the top of the circle, or when I am trying to break into the zone and a teammate just skates right into my lane and I push him in offside.

I only play because I need my hockey fix, and there is nothing else out there. I really hope the rumor about 2K taking a year off to make a more solid game is true. At the very least, real competition would push each franchise to be better. Madden's quality and innovation has really suffered since it monopolized the market on football games.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #838
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Ya, that rarely works.
Unless you're on the bench...for whatever reason, they frequently listen to whatever ghost commands I give them (pass the puck, slap shot, clear).

It is kind of frusterating though. Playing a LW Power Forward, so I don't notice it as much, but there have been a few times I've been standing in front of the opponent's net, wide open, screaming for the puck, just to watch the rest of the team (Bruins ) pass back to Chara, who promptly loses the puck.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #839
Weiser Wonder
Franchise Player

Exp:

My internet is spotty with lots of random cutting out, so I don't play online anymore. I've been doing Be A GM. I imported Skelleftea in place of the Coyotes. Spruced the team up a bit with free agents, minor leaguers, waivers, and trades. I went on to win the cup playing every game with the difficulty on Superstar. There's no challenge left for me in the game anymore. Maybe I'll try the French National Team.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #840
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

A oui la Blanc et c0ck.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ea sports , nhl 11 , video game