Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #41
Finner
Scoring Winger

Exp:

As much as I want Calgary to win, I also worry about them winning 4 of the next 5 before the deadline, nothing happening at the deadline, missing the playoffs, and then potentially losing a player like Iginla for nothing in the offseason.

I'm a bit torn.
Finner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #42
BACKCHECK!!!
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like it when there's Flames games every other day.

Even when the team sucks.

And although I am also torn between not wanting the team to lose on the one hand, and wanting management to see the writing on the wall on the oter hand, I still like watching Calgary's team play.

I'm ok with them losing, because it makes it slightly more likely the team makes major changes, as well as giving the team a better draft pick, and I'm ok with them winning because the Flames winning is awesome.

Win-win as far as I'm concerned right now.

Bring on the Blues!!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #43
stignasty
Self-Ban

Exp:

Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames "Going into a game like (this), you know you've got to bring your best." - Dennis Wideman (VIDEO) ~ http://bit.ly/10axUjT #CGYSTL
stignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #44
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stignasty View Post
Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames "Going into a game like (this), you know you've got to bring your best." - Dennis Wideman (VIDEO) ~ http://bit.ly/10axUjT #CGYSTL
That ship sailed 10 games ago. Just keep playing the same way Dennis, your amazing defensive play will guarantee us a top 5 pick.
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteLFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #45
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
If we lose tonight, this could be the last game that we've seen Iggy in a Flames jersey. Try to grasp that reality.
I really hope, I mean REALLY HOPE, that the fans at the Dome tonight cheer Iggy really hard. I want to hear lots of "Iggy, Iggy" from the crowd.

The send-off has to be powerful and respectful. Let Iginla know that we wish him the best and everything he's done is appreciated.

Wish I had tickets.

That being said, I don't care what the score is. I'll just enjoy watching Iggy in a Flames jersey for the last time.

Now, if he hasn't submitted his "list" then you can disregard this post, and I'll go with a simple "GO FLAMES GO!"
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #46
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Mile-DJ View Post
I really hope, I mean REALLY HOPE, that the fans at the Dome tonight cheer Iggy really hard. I want to hear lots of "Iggy, Iggy" from the crowd.

The send-off has to be powerful and respectful. Let Iginla know that we wish him the best and everything he's done is appreciated.
Boy, it sure sounds like this Iginla trade is getting real. I almost expect to hear that he's a late scratch come game time.

Like many others I think that it's time. There seems to be a serious need for change here - starting with moving our captain.

Still, can't get that sick feeling out of my gut that this might actually be the last time we see Jarome in a Flames jersey.

Iggy must have a lot of emotional turmoil right now...
Old 03-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #47
Finner
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Why would this be Jarome Iginla's last game? The trade deadline isn't until April 3rd. Do you think they'll actually trade him in the next couple days?
Finner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #48
edn88
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Also, the Springbank Sr. TIMBITs Flames are the first intermission entertainment. My little guy will be #10 on the Blue Flames - needless to say he is pretty stoked.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #49
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

4-1 Flames. Iggy with a farewell hattrick.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #50
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll admit it. I'm hoping for a loss tonight only because it might actually force management/ownership to get their heads out of their arses and start making the necessary changes this franchise needs.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #51
Miniac
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLFan View Post
@RogMillions: Hartley also adds...#Flames "are in trouble" if they. Don't win a number in a row...."They can plan for something else". #can'timagine

I'm imagining roger.
Miniac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miniac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #52
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I kept my tickets for all three games this week so I can be there to cheer Iggy on at his last game.

I am not hoping for losses but I am hoping we dont win the next 3 games. After that I hope we win individual games and play entertaining hockey and finish poorly. Hopefully we trade enough away at the deadline that losing will come honestly.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #53
zztim81
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

3-2 Loss, mixed emotions for this one.
zztim81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #54
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finner View Post
Why would this be Jarome Iginla's last game? The trade deadline isn't until April 3rd. Do you think they'll actually trade him in the next couple days?
I really don't think this is going to be Iginla's last game as a Flame. If it is then boo to Feaster. You hang on to him as long as you can until the deadline and let the bidders keep driving the price up. No reason at all to trade him right away.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #55
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
I really don't think this is going to be Iginla's last game as a Flame. If it is then boo to Feaster. You hang on to him as long as you can until the deadline and let the bidders keep driving the price up. No reason at all to trade him right away.
Well, there's the risk of injury. Or of one or more of Iginla's suitors deciding to go with another option instead and dropping out. There may only be two teams still interested at the deadline, and they may not want to blow their brains out.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #56
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edn88 View Post
Also, the Springbank Sr. TIMBITs Flames are the first intermission entertainment. My little guy will be #10 on the Blue Flames - needless to say he is pretty stoked.
That's awesome! Make sure you tell him to give it 110% and to hustle his hardest.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #57
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

I predict 5-1 Blues and yakitty sax during the game with Harlem Globetrotters music at the analysis break.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #58
bluloc
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edn88 View Post
Probably will be better quality hockey than what the flames are use to playing.
bluloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #59
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psytic View Post
I predict 5-1 Blues and yakitty sax during the game with Harlem Globetrotters music at the analysis break.
It's sports net so the audio track of yakitty sax will be out of sync with the video.

This will make it even worse.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #60
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Entered the QR code contest for todays game and couldn't help but to laugh at the irony of the message ... "Thank You For Your Submission!"
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gyd , wegottheblues , winwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin