Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2017, 11:23 PM   #1
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Need a plumber for a 'plumbers report'

Just got a new house and insurance wants me to get a plumber to do a 'plumbers report' outlining any remarks & recommendations about the state of the current plumbing in the house. The report has to be on official company letterhead, and showing all the particulars like plumbers name, house address, etc.

I've never heard of this before, but that doesn't mean anything I guess. My worry is that I don't know a plumber who can do this, and I'm concerned if I hire one at random they will see it as a cash cow and find issue with everything.

Can anyone recommend someone who offers a service like this? Has anyone had one before?
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:47 PM   #2
Drummer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Get a different insurance company. They probably just want to know if you have Poly B piping which can be answered with a yes or no over the phone.
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:51 PM   #3
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

That's the problem - we get an amazing deal through the wife's union affiliation. Switching is only an option if we want to add hundreds to our house and auto policies. Add's up to nearly $2k savings a year...
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:50 AM   #4
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsFaninCGY View Post
That's the problem - we get an amazing deal through the wife's union affiliation. Switching is only an option if we want to add hundreds to our house and auto policies. Add's up to nearly $2k savings a year...
I pay just over $2k for a 1950s house and vehicles without union benefits, so I am a bit skeptical about the size of your discount versus others. Perhaps you have already done so but I would strongly recommend shopping around.

In terms of plumber..same advice: call around. Anyone can so this report for you...it just comes down to price. Pete the plumber is reputable but typically expensive compared to independent outfits. A company letterhead for this purpose just needs to be an independent that writes his company name and address in the header.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #5
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

My buddy has his own plumbing company. I'll pm you.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
Iceman90
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I would check your community newsletter. There is always a local neighbourhood guy who advertises in every community newsletter I've seen. Or check the newsletter of the community you're moving to.