Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #101
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seeing people play musical chairs with street parking in Sunnyside was one of the highlights of the day.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #102
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I thought the fireworks were great! It was really cool with them synched up to the music.

Tegan and Sara were awesome too despite the short set and a few technical difficulties. But yeah - holy smokes there were a lot of people down there.
East Coast Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #103
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
First off, the people. It was insane. Prince's Island Park and that area must have had 50k people. Maybe more. It was basically shoulder to shoulder.
So glad I didn't go for this reason. We were all hung over from my bday the night before, but due to it being the landmark 150th (and unprecedented fireworks) we considered braving the Canada Day crowds...until I started seeing pics on Twitter throughout the day. Being in that sea of humanity in rainy weather when you're already hung and on 3 hours sleep...No. Way.

I am sad I missed the fireworks though, sounded awesome.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #104
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Seeing people play musical chairs with street parking in Sunnyside was one of the highlights of the day.
The parking chaos that ensued after the show ended was nothing short of hilarious. We exited the park right by Eau Claire theatre and the traffic jam was insane. At one point a firetruck was heading north on 2nd st right around Riverfront Ave. I was amazed the cops were able to get the cars to move to make way. It was pure gridlock as far as the eye could see in every direction. Memorial being blocked and the centre st bridge being closed made things even worse. Further up 6th ave was a parking lot.

It made me wonder what anyone was thinking driving down there. Or at the very least why they didn't wait it out and instead thought it was a good idea to head straight to their car and then head into the traffic snarl.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: