Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #501
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Oh I know he had a name. In the game Star Wars Rebellion (That's Supremacy for you Brits) He was one of the best poop disturbing hero characters for the Empire. Want some one killed, dial him up, blow up a ship yard kabam, kidnap Luke Skywalker, that didn't go well.

I once had Vader discover he was Force Sensitive and trained him as a Dark Jedi, eventually he became more powerful then Vader stats wise because I didn't use Vader much.

That game was great for its time. GOG and Steam re-released it, but something went wrong cause the screens are upside down

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 06-28-2017 at 09:07 AM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #502
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I bought that game in a steam sale bundle a few years back but never tried it, the Board Game version is apparently in the top 10 of all board games of all time according to BGG.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:28 PM   #503
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If you still have it give it a try. I really enjoyed it, and it takes a lot of turns to play it. Also if you play it at the higher levels its really challenging. Obviously graphically its really dated.

There's also a versus mode you can do, through a network or through the Web.

I played a friend and we had a rule that we could only play a few hours a week. The game went for about a year, which made it realistic. In the end it was a saw off, pretty much all the planets were depleted of resources, and we had a final battle over Yavin.

I think my fleet had something like 50 SSD's, 500 Star Destroyers 500 Victory Star Destroyers, 200 Carriers and about 300 other ships, his fleet was similar sized. That meant there were several thousand fighters involved. I bought the Death Star in for more fire power and he killed that, then the game ground near to a halt as we agreed to auto battle.

In the end I think we both lost most of our fleets and decided to quit because we were down to throwing rocks at each other.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: