Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-15-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Trump vs. Clinton

I've heard many times from many people that Hillary was corrupt and flawed, and it was her own fault she did not win the election.

I'd like anyone to explain ...

1. What should she have done/done differently, to win the election?

2. How was/is she flawed/corrupt.

Feel free to include links to your sources, ie, Fox news, Breitbart, Infowars, World News Daily etc.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:27 AM   #2
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

will quotes from the onion be allowed?

I thought that each candidate had their own warts and in the end it likely came down to who did you not want to vote for.

all that being said, it is hard to imagine an administration being run by Hilary, that would be anything like what trump has provided in the last 110 days.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i'm still in awe that in a country of around 330,000,000 people that trump and clinton were the two choices to lead
Old 05-15-2017, 09:35 AM   #4
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

I fully expect Trump to make an account on CP and contribute to this thread.
Looch City is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #5
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
I fully expect Trump to make an account on CP and contribute to this thread.
Or Spicey or Kelly Anne
Old 05-15-2017, 09:42 AM   #6
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Well there's the whole Juanita Broaddrick stuff and how Hilary tried to silence her, you know if you believe the alleged rape victim.

Fortunately, as Hilary has recently told us, we should believe potential rape victims until we have reason not to, and we have no reason not to believe Broaddrick.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:43 AM   #7
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do think framing it as Trump vs Clinton is maybe a mistake. Sanders vs Clinton makes more sense to me, and unlike those other two, he seemed like a genuinely good guy.

You have the DNC actively working for Clinton, her being told debate questions in advanced. It's not hard to see how otherwise Liberal supporters were disenchanted by the DNC.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think she ran a poor ground game and took too many states for granted.

I also think that the messaging that she had was wrong, not in terms of her speeches but her optics. She looked way too insider and way to 1% and I believe that Trump was effective in using that.

I do agree with the post above that both candidates were very poor.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 09:54 AM   #9
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think she ran a poor ground game and took too many states for granted.
well, here's my take on that, unless she was willing to tell the gullible, what they wanted to hear, regardless of how grounded in reality it was, she wound't have gotten their votes anyways.
bringing back coal jobs, and returning America to the prosperity of the 50's, when union workers were making tons of money, twisting bolts, in Ford plants, is simply not going to happen. There's nothing her or Trump can do about it, but voters were willing to vote for the snake oil salesman, for a dream he sold them.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:54 AM   #10
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

One had celebrity, the other didn't. That's basically what it would come down for average voters. Trump had the advantage of having The Apprentice on TV for multiple seasons, and people saw that as good business acumen.

Don't believe me? If Dwayne Johnson ran for the Democratic nomination in 2020, he'd probably win.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #11
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
well, here's my take on that, unless she was willing to tell the gullible, what they wanted to hear, regardless of how grounded in reality it was, she wound't have gotten their votes anyways.
bringing back coal jobs, and returning America to the prosperity of the 50's, when union workers were making tons of money, twisting bolts, in Ford plants, is simply not going to happen. There's nothing her or Trump can do about it, but voters were willing to vote for the snake oil salesman, for a dream he sold them.
It's not inconceivable to get back to the 50's level of growth. It's not just about workers making more money, back in those days business tax rates were significantly higher and companies weren't outsourcing work at anywhere near the rates they are today. These concepts aren't about stopping businesses from making money or making a lot of money, they're about maintaining overall domestic economic growth.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:21 AM   #12
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Is all this just a case of lots of smoke and no fire? Even if your other side of the truth is totally correct what does it matter? She still lost to a candidate that couldn't win a spelling bee against an 8 year old let alone a presidential election. Countless polls even during the democratic primary's showed up to 60% of Americans didn't trust her, Trump's team slammed her perceived lack of honestly and trustworthiness to death. Trump could get on stage and lie threw his teeth and still win the polls against her for this.

Since it's your belief Clinton was the next snow white how about explaining your reason how she could ever loose to that crazy idiot.
You're moving goal posts and creating straw men. She's not snow white and She lost for a variety of reasons:

1) Decades of demonization as evidenced above
2) Personality
3) Comey letter
4) tactical errors
5) being female
6) macro level political movements (ecumbent party, economic issues,etc)

Yes it's smoke and no fire. Consider the following:

1) There's been innuendo creating smoke for decades without a single fire.
2) All that despite multiple operatives who's sole job was to find something on them
3) Hacked access to teens of thousands of emails, yet nothing showed anything of importance
4) FBI had access to teens of thousands more emails, yet nothing
5) Clinton Foundation financials are fairly open, yet no one has found anything

At some point, if there was something there they'd have been caught, no?
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #13
zarrell
First Line Centre

Exp:

Are all you liberals / Democrats still sour about this? Time to move on and live your lives.

zarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:23 AM   #14
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel that Trump was perceived as "anti-establishment, devoid of political toxic" enough that conservative voters thought that would be the injection that the WH sorely needed. Hilary was seen as another political stooge, especially as a Clinton.

As bad as Clinton was, she was very, very good on the international stage and she definitely wouldn't have been the embarrassment that Trump has become.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #15
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarrell View Post
Are all you liberals / Democrats still sour about this? Time to move on and live your lives.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:30 AM   #16
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If you seriously want to have this conversation again please start a separate thread.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:31 AM   #17
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've heard many times from many people that Hillary was corrupt and flawed, and it was her own fault she did not win the election.

I'd like anyone to explain ...

1. What should she have done/done differently, to win the election?

Feel free to include links to your sources, ie, Fox news, Breitbart, Infowars, World News Daily etc.
I don't believe she was corrupt, but I do believe some of her connections to corporate America made her susceptible to being labeled as a hypocrite or having conflicting interests. It essentially took away her biggest weapon to attack trump with on the campaign.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #18
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Like how conservatives and Republicans moved on once Obama was president?
Old 05-15-2017, 10:36 AM   #19
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
It's not inconceivable to get back to the 50's level of growth. It's not just about workers making more money, back in those days business tax rates were significantly higher and companies weren't outsourcing work at anywhere near the rates they are today. These concepts aren't about stopping businesses from making money or making a lot of money, they're about maintaining overall domestic economic growth.
making a lot of money wasn't my point.

My point was, back in the 50's, the auto industry was the biggest employer, and people that were doing jobs that have long been replaced by automation, were making middle or above class wages.

Now, Walmart is the biggest employer in America and people are making minimum wages on part time hours.

Trump aint going to change that by bringing back coal jobs, building a pipeline, and ruining the environment, for sake of the fossil fuel industry making more money.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:36 AM   #20
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Like how conservatives and Republicans moved on once Obama was president?
Woah man, it's not like they were asking for anything crazy like his tax returns, they just wanted to see his birth certificate and make sure he didn't destroy the country by giving people basic necessities like universal health care.

Tags
corrupt , election , flawed , hillary , trump