Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2015, 05:28 PM   #2061
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
I actually raided with a number of different groups this weekend. I tend to have odd raiding times so my schedule is all over the map. We took the approach to go into fights blind, but after seeing it for a bit looking at strategies and Reddit.

Look forward to seeing others progress through and talk about it, and like I posted above, if I'm online and you need someone, throw me a message. Next few weeks will be about gearing up for hard mode.
We've solved it all ourselves so far, EXCEPT

Spoiler!
Old 09-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #2062
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Wow! Nice job guys! We just finished up the Warpriest yesterday. Golgoroth seems to be kicking our ass though. I think we've solved 90% of it...

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #2063
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Beat the war priest fairly easily...only 1 wipe.
When we got to gorgoroth, suddenly except everyone was dropping out, and it took another 25 minutes to get another two people. After another 3 tries, I had to throw in the towel.
Got the ghost from the witches part before the war priest...didn't get anything from the war priest though
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:45 PM   #2064
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Got the raid helmet, boots, mark and auto rifle. Today was a good day.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:39 AM   #2065
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Only want the ghost at the moment. Only real thing eluding me to break 300.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #2066
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Only want the ghost at the moment. Only real thing eluding me to break 300.
Made it to Golgoroth pretty easy this time. Now we get to try him again! I think we'll be able to do it this week. We were close on Monday. So far I have a 310 ghost and a 306 rocket so colour me happy.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #2067
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Managed to get the some of the class specific weapons. Loving the Hunter ones, as the hand cannon is pretty much a fatebringer with with third eye, with the last word flair. But, the warlock ones have to be my favorite. The scout rifle is great for a self rez warlock, it speeds up fire rate, and increases stability and handling when you have your super full. Pretty much turns it into a MIDA that hits as hard as vision with full stability. It's great.

Also, if you guys ever need an extra for the raid fire me a message. Managed to only do Golgoroth and the sisters last week, got some shards and a cloak.

PSN is Diverce
Old 09-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #2068
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

This black spindle mission is so hard!
Tried for over an hour with 300, 298, and a 297 (me) and couldn't do more than 2/3 boss damage.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:02 PM   #2069
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
This black spindle mission is so hard!
Tried for over an hour with 300, 298, and a 297 (me) and couldn't do more than 2/3 boss damage.
I agree, I tried for about an hour before work but we were all 289 to 291. Just couldn't do it. Will try again tonight. I wonder if your can also do it tomorrow by increasing difficulty?

Last edited by Mccree; 09-23-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #2070
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if it's available after today, or if we'll have to wait until it's a heroic mission again.
Don' think I'm even going to bother trying for it again tonight. It's not worth my effort. Might be different when I actually get some raid weapons with that fallen bonus damage.

Had a different group running golgoroth earlier today, and couldn't beat him...
Spoiler!

Had him down to about 10% left, but everyone got wiped out in the last bit.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:18 AM   #2071
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Just got Black Spindle with Stryker and a buddy. That was insane. Took us a couple hours to finally get a strategy the worked and get him down.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2015, 01:55 AM   #2072
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Just got Black Spindle with Stryker and a buddy. That was insane. Took us a couple hours to finally get a strategy the worked and get him down.
Nice... Good job guys

Last edited by TjRhythmic; 09-24-2015 at 02:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2015, 10:52 AM   #2073
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Three of my friends got it yesterday. I actually only tried it once. Got the boss down to maybe half. I was a wrecking machine in there though with my new fangledanged Raid rocket haha.

Getting to Golgoroth this week was wayyy faster, but I guess that's totally expected given that we were trying to figure out all the mechanics to that point by ourselves. Now the other two parts seem relatively breezy. Probably gonna give Golgoroth a go tonight. Should be doable. I'm feeling confident today!
Old 09-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #2074
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Worked on it for a couple hours, we killed him but it doesn't count unless all the adds are dead. BLAH. We gave up
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #2075
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally got to oryx today.
It's definitely going to be tough to finish him off.
So far though the entire raid, I have the ghost shell, the cloak, and the shotgun. Decent haul.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Jbo
Old 09-24-2015, 07:22 PM   #2076
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cleared Oryx with clan group just under 1.5 hours. Would be quicker but that piston jump puzzle was fun to play around with. You can scale from the final platform straight up with a sword.

So far I've only gotten the Hand Cannon (bad), Shotgun (good), Machine Gun (good) and finally a ghost. The Cocoon perk was made for the shotgun since it loads shell by shell.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:35 PM   #2077
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Cleared Oryx with clan group just under 1.5 hours. Would be quicker but that piston jump puzzle was fun to play around with. You can scale from the final platform straight up with a sword.

So far I've only gotten the Hand Cannon (bad), Shotgun (good), Machine Gun (good) and finally a ghost. The Cocoon perk was made for the shotgun since it loads shell by shell.
That cocoon perk would probably be good for the hand cannon, since it looks like the reload is unbelievably slow.
I had a blast with that piston jump puzzle! So much fun!
Old 09-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #2078
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Beat Golgoroth yesterday. Once you get the rotation down it's not too bad. Especially since with my higher light level, I just get stuck on DPS duty, so not a lot for me to worry about haha.

Will have to give the Deathsingers a shot on the weekend.

So far I've had a pretty awesome haul. 310 ghost, 306 rocket and 304 chest piece. Though each item I get has progressively lower light lol.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #2079
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Once you get the pattern down, the daughters were much easier than golgoroth...I thought they were the most enjoyable boss in the raid (so far...haven't made it too far into the oryx fight).
Old 09-25-2015, 11:46 AM   #2080
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got to Golgroth on our first attempt, a few guys on our team made it to oryx already on alts. They all hate me because on the first run to Golgroth I got the fusion rifle, ghost, and rocket launcher. LOOT WHORE
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote