Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #21
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shockingly, one of the deceased are known to the police.

Still a very brazen shooting, and apparently there was a witness - nobody really needs to see that regardless of who is shot.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #22
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
Wait, lets forget the gun charge.... how does a temporary immigrant worker get to stay after losing their job?
By temporary worker I mean the brothers worked for a temp agency, after they were arrested and were replaced, my friend called their boss and said they weren't welcomed back, I'm not sure if they were fired from the agency but story is the agency boss stood up for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethrynn View Post
They toook our jerrrbs
Not to go totally off-topic but these temp agency's are causing a big problem for unskilled workers to get a decent job, I'm told some agency's "sponsor" immigrant workers, they get them over to Canada, make them sign a 2 year agreement with the agency only to work that agency and pay them low wage's($14/h). my buddy says when times are tough he would rather pay an agency $23/h for 25 hours a week than hire someone for $20/h that won't stay for that low hours.

I told him, "you're part of the problem man"

There's also a trucking company going around undercutting established company's using the same type of sponsorship model.

The city is going to hell.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:31 AM   #23
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
Shockingly, one of the deceased are known to the police.

Still a very brazen shooting, and apparently there was a witness - nobody really needs to see that regardless of who is shot.
Let me try to predict the comments though. "They were just turning things around and getting out of that lifestyle, and were actually a great person."
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #24
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope they catch the murderer so he can spend a week in jail for endangering public lives
Old 05-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #25
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Let me try to predict the comments though. "They were just turning things around and getting out of that lifestyle, and were actually a great person."
"I want him to be remembered for the good person he was. He was an amazing kid," said Jodi Hill, the victim's mother.

"He was the kind of kid, if someone was picking on someone, he would try to be their friend," Hill said. "He was very compassionate."

http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgary...-shooting.html
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #26
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
"I want him to be remembered for the good person he was. He was an amazing kid," said Jodi Hill, the victim's mother.

"He was the kind of kid, if someone was picking on someone, he would try to be their friend," Hill said. "He was very compassionate."

http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgary...-shooting.html
Yeah, I am not sure I am cool with mocking relatives that are grieving.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #27
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

No mocking, I just saw that in the Metro this morning and reminded me of the comment. We don't really no much about it. This kid could have been buying some pot, and he thought the safest was to meet the dealer in a parking lot. It is entirely possible he is a good kid and this was just really unfortunate. Or, he was loading up on fentanyl that would kill 20 kids and his mom is wrong about him. Tough to know.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:15 PM   #28
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Jesus Christ, guys, those are family members who just lost a loved one. What the **** did you think they were going to say?

Mocking the family of murder victims is one of the uglier things that always seems to happen on CP. Empathy is easy to express towards people you know and strangers with a good story, but maybe try to expand it a little.

Like honestly, what the hell did you think they were thinking? "Oh my son just died, but he kind of deserved it". You might be waiting awhile for your less predictable yet for some reason more appealing response there, guys.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 01:19 PM   #29
llwhiteoutll
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I think it's more about pointing out how it always seems that relatives make these ridiculous statements after their kid/spouse/whatever is shot/stabbed while committing a crime and being a willing participant in a high risk lifestyle.

These are not random shootings. Everyone involved is there by their choice and choose to put the public at risk while engaging in these activities. The sympathy should be extended to the people who had no choice but to be traumatized and put at risk by these idiots.
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to llwhiteoutll For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #30
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwhiteoutll View Post
I think it's more about pointing out how it always seems that relatives make these ridiculous statements after their kid/spouse/whatever is shot/stabbed while committing a crime and being a willing participant in a high risk lifestyle.

These are not random shootings. Everyone involved is there by their choice and choose to put the public at risk while engaging in these activities. The sympathy should be extended to the people who had no choice but to be traumatized and put at risk by these idiots.
Okay fine, then rail against the media going to them for quotes or lifting from their social media. Families are families and if you think you'd react differently if it was your son (let me guess, it would never happen in your family?) then you're wrong.

They're not ridiculous statements, they're human statements that we'd all be making. I can't believe you can't understand that.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #31
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Jesus Christ, guys, those are family members who just lost a loved one. What the **** did you think they were going to say?

Mocking the family of murder victims is one of the uglier things that always seems to happen on CP. Empathy is easy to express towards people you know and strangers with a good story, but maybe try to expand it a little.

Like honestly, what the hell did you think they were thinking? "Oh my son just died, but he kind of deserved it". You might be waiting awhile for your less predictable yet for some reason more appealing response there, guys.
No, you're right for sure and I do need to be more compassionate to the families.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 01:32 PM   #32
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, the thought that people that get mixed up in things increase the likelihood of something like this happening to them don't have any redeeming qualities or good parts to them is ridiculous.

Good people get caught in bad things often. I don't say that to sluff off the responsibility those people may have in what consequences come from their own actions, but things are never completely black and white, silly to pretend they are.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cleveland Steam Whistle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #33
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You mean like the ####ing family members? I wonder if you have ever had to deal with the murder of a family member or friend?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #34
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Buddy of mine was friends with one of the victims
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:00 PM   #35
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Yup, that's how I took it. Look at the guy who shot the Stampeder (Milan Hicks). His mom and sister were in front of the camera everyday saying how he was misunderstood and turning things around, good kid, etc. Multiple people in that family are known to the police though. Multiple family members currently behind bars heavily involved in the gangs.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 05-23-2017 at 06:03 PM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:31 PM   #36
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Yup, that's how I took it. Look at the guy who shot the Stampeder (Milan Hicks). His mom and sister were in front of the camera everyday saying how he was misunderstood and turning things around, good kid, etc. Multiple people in that family are known to the police though. Multiple family members currently behind bars heavily involved in the gangs.
Well that kid is the accused shooter though. I don't think many people buy that kind of argument from someone in that position. But here we have a couple guys who were killed, and that is quite different.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #37
jwslam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
The sympathy should be extended to the people who had no choice but to be traumatized and put at risk by these idiots.
Quote:
You mean like the ####ing family members? I wonder if you have ever had to deal with the murder of a family member or friend?
I think "people who had no choice but to be traumatized" are the innocent shoppers of Superstore at that moment in time.
jwslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #38
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really only feel sympathy for the families who lost a member. No going back after that.

The "innocents" at Superstore who saw it didn't lose anything. You saw someone die, well yea that sucks. But you get over it. You'll watch your parents die one day too in their hospital bed; it's a part of life.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #39
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
The city is going to hell.
One misplaced apostrophe at a time.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2017, 09:52 AM   #40
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

These asshats lived a life that could have easily resulted in another Jose Neto or Keni Su’a, actual innocent victims. Excuse me if I don't want to hear how great of people they were.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It's unfortunate when innocent bystanders need to get involved.

Also CroFlames, that's a naive, and frankly stupid, way to look at the experience the shoppers had. Being involved in a shooting, watching some young man bleed to death, those can easily leave lasting marks. Saying good bye to your parents on their deathbed is not the same as a drive by shooting in a parking lot, I can't believe I needed to type that out. They never should have had to be subjected to that.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post: