Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-07-2017, 10:42 AM   #101
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
Does anyone have recommendations on RV repair places or guys from Kijiji? I had water damage last year leaked through the window and i'm going to have to replace the wall behind the bed. not sure but probable have to take apart the bed and rebuild after. Also looking at getting lino and carpet ripped out and laminate put in for flooring.

I've used Horton RV in the past and they were good but looking to compare.

Thanks
I've used these guys and liked them. They fixed some issues that Woody's couldn't fix on warranty. (They said they were fixed, but they weren't). Instead of arguing with Woody's I just went here and got the items repaired.

http://www.hobocampercountry.ca/
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:59 AM   #102
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure where you are in Calgary but these guys are out st Springbank Airport. I've never used them so no comment on their work. We have had a mobile guy do some stuff for us, the name escapes me - I'll see if I still ahve his card.

https://www.wildmountainrv.ca/
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:36 AM   #103
Hevishot
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Not sure where you are in Calgary but these guys are out st Springbank Airport. I've never used them so no comment on their work. We have had a mobile guy do some stuff for us, the name escapes me - I'll see if I still ahve his card.

https://www.wildmountainrv.ca/
My rv is there getting some odds and ends handled right now i will post on their work when I get mine back.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:21 AM   #104
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevishot View Post
My rv is there getting some odds and ends handled right now i will post on their work when I get mine back.
How did you like this place? My water pump quit working this weekend.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:14 PM   #105
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks for the comments, I used a guy I found on kijiji. He did really good work and charged $40/hr and came right to the storage yard. If anyone is looking at having things done I wouldn't hesitate to recommend by PM
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #106
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
Can you get at the pump easily? Mine was super easy to replace a few years ago. Like literally disconnect the old one, plug and play.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #107
Hevishot
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
They did a good job very friendly staff and pretty decent rates. Although it was there almost a week longer than anticipated because they are pretty busy. They do have some parts and rv accessories on a wall so if you are in the area I'd recommend dropping by and seeing if they have what you need.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:17 PM   #108
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hey all. What is your method for securing your trailer from theft? I was thinking coupler locks and maybe cable through the two wheels on one side?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:52 AM   #109
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default 2016 Camping Thread- RVing Edition

I had a pin lock on our bumper pull trailer. Out fifth wheel uses a kinpin coupler to connect with an Anderson gooseneck adapter hitch, so someone has to have that setup to take the trailer, or be willing to spend the time removing the coupler. I figure if they're willing to do that, they would cut through any lock I put on.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #110
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

I lost the key to my trailer lock, so I had to cut it off... A metal blade on the sawzall cut through it in about 2.5 seconds.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #111
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Hey all. What is your method for securing your trailer from theft? I was thinking coupler locks and maybe cable through the two wheels on one side?
I store my trailer in a card controlled lot, so maybe your situation is different.

I put a regular old padlock through the lever on the hitch so one wouldn't be able to get the hitch fully on a ball withou cutting the lock. Easily defeated with pretty much any tool so it is just a small bump in the road for a determined thief.

My concern with doing anything with the wheels is that there would be a 100% Chance I would forget about that lock and end up wrecking my wheels before it prevented any actual thefts.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gasman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 10:25 PM   #112
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where do you guys dump your tanks in Calgary? Circle J has the audacity to charge $10 per dump, even though their rinse water outlet hasn't been working for the past 3 summers due to a broken water line that they refuse to fix.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:07 AM   #113
calgarygringo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

There are places outside of town to dump and I have learned where many are and dump there. What direction or areas do you come back from camping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Where do you guys dump your tanks in Calgary? Circle J has the audacity to charge $10 per dump, even though their rinse water outlet hasn't been working for the past 3 summers due to a broken water line that they refuse to fix.
calgarygringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #114
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.sanidumps.com/ is what I use to find one...
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesKickAss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2017, 12:00 PM   #115
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

FYI, if you were heading out to do any crown land camping in eastern BC this weekend.

Quote:
In the interest of public safety, effective at 1 pm Mountain Time on Saturday, Sept. 2, 2017, all Crown land within the Rocky Mountain Natural Resource District is closed to public access due to the extreme fire danger rating, the number of unprecedented aggressive wildfires throughout the region and moderate winds forecasted over the next few days.

This includes the area around Cranbrook, Kimberley, Moyie, the Elk Valley and Columbia Valley.

The area restriction order means that a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person enters the area in the course of:

* travelling to or from his or her residence, that is not under an evacuation order;
* using a highway as defined in the Transportation Act;
* travelling as a person acting in an official capacity;
* travelling for the purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities.

A map of the affected area is available online.

Smoky conditions may persist in the coming weeks. For information on air quality, as well as smoke forecasts for Western Canada, visit the BC Air Quality website.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote