Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #81
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
Taking the family to see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial and Devil's Tower next month. They've long been on my bucket list
As someone said above, Deadwood is 100% worth a stop on that trip, and I think you should make a stop in the town of Wall, South Dakota to visit Wall Drug.

http://www.walldrug.com/

Also, if you're heading down from Calgary, hitting the Little Bighorn Battlefield is pretty much right on the way.

South Dakota is a massively underrated State. It's seriously cool, the Black Hills are absolutely incredible, like Drumheller but somehow even a more extreme landscape.

driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #82
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner View Post
I have had the privilege of traveling to some exciting foreign places. However, I agree with you that we often forget to discover our own backyard. My sister's family recently moved to northern BC. I have take a weeks vacation to go up and visit this summer. So excited to see them but also see apart of Canada I have not been to before.
The Canadian North is definitely one of my bucket list trips. (Ideally several, as I don't think you can fit it all in one.) I had plans of doing a Klondike/Kluane trip this year but it's going to need to wait a year or two to happen.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #83
steve9981
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by steve9981; 08-21-2017 at 01:45 PM.
steve9981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve9981 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #84
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Run around the airport bag room with the Stanley cup drinking out of it while yelling "we are the champs!"

Last edited by northcrunk; 06-12-2017 at 01:22 PM.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:27 PM   #85
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Less time on education/work, more time having fun.

I made a lot of sacrifices for my education--my 20s, for starters--and I regret that I never really came up for air during all that time. Didn't make a lot of friends at school, didn't play a lot of sports, didn't really have fun.

So . . . yeah: do as I say, not as I do.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 01:28 PM   #86
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
As someone said above, Deadwood is 100% worth a stop on that trip, and I think you should make a stop in the town of Wall, South Dakota to visit Wall Drug.

http://www.walldrug.com/

Also, if you're heading down from Calgary, hitting the Little Bighorn Battlefield is pretty much right on the way.

South Dakota is a massively underrated State. It's seriously cool, the Black Hills are absolutely incredible, like Drumheller but somehow even a more extreme landscape.

You can also get a tour of a minuteman missile silo and see badlands that dwarf drumheller. Custer state park has some amazing lakes and needles rock formation and you can hike to the highest point in South Dakota. And get tours of wind and jewel caves. There is at least a weeks worth of stuff to do on a trip.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #87
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
- Nordic style larping. (Yes, that's a thing.) It's really quite awesome (not what people think it is) and an experience you can't really get otherwise. Plus I think TONS of people would love it if they tried it.

- Big budget 360 larp based on something you love. (Harry Potter, Battlestar Galactica, Alien, Jane Austen, what ever is your thing.)

- Hard BDSM.
These three all seem painful and unwanted.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.

Last edited by undercoverbrother; 06-12-2017 at 01:40 PM.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote