Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #501
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyone here still sticking with the program?
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:46 PM   #502
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've fallen off hard, I need to get back to it.

I just got too busy with other things and my day filled up.

Its a lame excuse since the longest workout is about 45 minutes.

Yeah I suck.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #503
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Anyone here still sticking with the program?
I do it occasionally to supplement going to the gym and playing sports.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #504
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really fell off. I separated my shoulder one year ago and I couldn't properly shoot a puck until this past January. I couldn't do one pushup without pain until just this week. DDPYoga workouts have slowburn pushups so I didn't workout much for the last year.

I'll be getting back on this program though, and if pushups become an issue then I'll stick with just doing Stand Up and Red Hot Core.

Since this thread I think DDPYoga 2.0 was released. I purchased it a few months ago, but haven't touched it.

You can also use the DDPYoga Now app for small fee similar to the cost of NetFlix. You get a free 3 month trial if you buy the DVDs.

I'm interested to hear if anybody else is still doing this.

My wife and her mother do DDPYoga two mornings per week and have been doing so for the last 2 years.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:09 PM   #505
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I fell way off of this, my life got busy and I started making excuses last year, and basically drifted away from it.

A few weeks back I kinda took a long look in the mirror. I was also having problems with my ankles and knees, and basically felt like poop.

I decided to jump back into it about 3 weeks ago.

I decided I was just going to start off easy and do the daily dozen first, and then start doing energy, once every couple of days.

I also found to my embarrassment that the things that were easy before when I was doing this pretty full steam were really tough because of my ankles hurt and my knees were stiff. I was doing the modified positions. this week I basically followed to the whole don't forget to do this tomorrow mantra and did energy every night.

Three weeks later, I'm doing full energy, my ankles aren't as stiff and my back feels a lot better to the point that I'm moving to fat burner this weekend.

why did I quit? Don't know. But now I need to order the 2.0

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #506
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I might have to look at 2.0

Like most people here, I fell off about a year ago, but the last while I've experienced stiffness in my back, and put on some weight.

I started going through some of the slower sets in the last week or two. I hope that the inclusivity of the original program keeps up in the 2.0 version.

Some at home fitness programs make me hate some of the 'characters' on the screen.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:54 PM   #507
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

How does this yoga compare to P90X's yoga and P90X3's yoga?

I'm guessing DDPYoga is much more intense and advanced?
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #508
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
How does this yoga compare to P90X's yoga and P90X3's yoga?

I'm guessing DDPYoga is much more intense and advanced?
The more advanced workouts are very intense, The Diamond Cutter and Double Black Diamond are crazy.

I had a lot of struggles with below the belt, but suppossedly its great for the knees.

I did Fat Burner for the first time in about a year today. I had to stop and drop into safety zone a few more times then I like, but I got through the 3 CT pushups.

I still can't figure out why I stopped, because I'm really enjoying it.

On average in a 20 minute workout I clobbered over 200 calories burned, and got my heart rate to 145 from my normal rested pre workout rate of 63.

the other thing that I've noticed even in a few weeks is how good my back feels and how far forward I can stretch it out in the end.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #509
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So boing as in bounce.

Interesting results, since I started this back up a month and a bit ago. I'm basically doing 5-6 days a week, mostly when I get home from work. I alternate Energy and Fat burner. I'm mainly focusing on just getting the technique down again.

On average on Energy I'm getting my heart rate into the 128 to 134 area. With Fat Burner it gets as high up as 151 so I need to occasionally drop into safety to lower it.

So the results. Since the start of June I've dropped 14 pounds. The ankle pain that I was having is nearly gone or its to the point where I can ignore it.

My resting heart rate at the start of June was averaging in the 66 bpm range, as of this week my average rested heart rate is in the 60 bpm average.

next week I do an add on, I'll add Red Hot Core to the end of Energy (which should entirely suck for next week).

In terms of average flexibility, I did a measure. At the end of the work out you do the cross legged sitting thing and then walk your arms forward to work on your back. I'm able to reach 4 inches further then at the start.

Right now with DDP Yoga and some walking I'm burning about 3200 calaries a day. When Football season starts up I'm going to probably have to do this in the morning, but with the work on the football field I'll be walking 10,000 steps a day and doing the workouts, I should be able to bump up my calaries per day to closer to 4k.

For anyone that's looking at this again, or stopped like I did. Thought I'd put this down.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2017, 06:17 PM   #510
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really appreciate this update.

I need to get back into it myself. I'll have to dig out the dvds. Great to hear
Old 07-09-2017, 02:26 AM   #511
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still struggling to gain momentum. I'm active but not intensely active enough. Going for a lot of walks. Friday I did 27000 steps because instead of plopping a lawn chair down for 4-5 hours at Street Machine Weekend, I walk up and down the strip as I watch the cars cruise. I play ball hockey too, but I need to really pickup steam and do DDPYoga. I felt my best when I was doing it 4 or 5 days per week. I want to get there again.

Good for you for doing it again Captain, it helps to see others be honest about falling off the train but get back on.

It's time to do this. It's time to own my life. It's time.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:20 PM   #512
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just for anyone that's interested in trying it out.

I just went on line to DDPYoga and they have a 20% off sale for summer, so I decided to order DDP Yoga 2.0 and replace some of the discs that I lost as well. So the kit I ordered was the Max pack which is all of the workouts including the 2 extreme disks. The total was $71.00 US. I remember when I ordered the first time a few years back and it was over 100.00.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:52 AM   #513
Completely
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

I just went on line to DDPYoga and they have a 20% off sale for summer, so I decided to order DDP Yoga 2.0 and replace some of the discs that I lost as well. So the kit I ordered was the Max pack which is all of the workouts including the 2 extreme disks. The total was $71.00 US. I remember when I ordered the first time a few years back and it was over 100.00.
Just a little bit of late night creeping, but this is sort of an interesting thing to me. Is it worth the money to buy this?
Completely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:07 AM   #514
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Completely View Post
Just a little bit of late night creeping, but this is sort of an interesting thing to me. Is it worth the money to buy this?
Yes, to me, its a great value.

You pretty much get all the workouts, from easy to extremely hard.

You get the guide as well, which has a really good meal planner and workout schedule in it.

Compared to what I paid for version one, this is a really good deal.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #515
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

What are the differences? The first was a good program already, so I'm interested to know why I should go out and buy 2.0

Could you sell me on it?
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #516
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
What are the differences? The first was a good program already, so I'm interested to know why I should go out and buy 2.0

Could you sell me on it?
They basically added a few new programs.

Beginner beginner, which pretty much comes in after breathing and the daily double.

Red Hot Core + which is a whole new core program so that there is more then just one.

2 new extreme workouts Detroit Diesel and Psycho, I didn't have those before.

Personally I bought a new version because somewhere along the line I'd lost my advanced disks.

If you have kids you get the bonus kids workout

The beginner beginner is probably really good for the raw beginner just to get the moves down and to lossen things up.

The Core + is a more difficult version of the Core workout that you tack on to other workouts.

The online dashboard that you get is kinda cool as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 09:04 AM   #517
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I found my motivation. My friend's knee is quite bad, so he needs to find a workout with minimal joint pressure and he hates swimming. So, I say to the guy, "Have I the workout for you!" I tell him about it and he's all in as soon as his physio (my wife) says he can proceed. So I have to really get back into shape quickly so I can actually be an expert and look like I can do this stuff! Second workout starts tonight. I'm gonna own this!
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #518
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

DDP Yoga is interesting. It's actually extended a couple wrestler's careers including Chris Jericho, Goldust, etc. Both are now in their late 40's, and move around the ring much easier than they used to. Both were banged up pretty bad in their late 30's / early 40's, and DDP Yoga completely revitalized their careers through increased mobility and flexibility. Both wrestlers have credited DDP Yoga as the key to their comebacks.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #519
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Some of the non celebrity stories are amazing. Arthur's was what got the whole program into the main stream.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:02 AM   #520
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Thanks for the bump CC. Im going to get back into it.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bang! , ddpyoga , guys do yoga too , not your mama's yoga , yrg