Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2024, 05:31 PM   #6201
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch City View Post
Why not just nuke all of Gaza and get rid of the problem once and for all?

No Gaza civilians = no Hamas. Seems like a pretty easy solution.
Why not support Israel in eradicating Hamas? I wonder if the civilians helping?
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 05:52 PM   #6202
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
You can say whatever you want here, but you can't quote it. Any claims I made have been backed up. Now I am not a good person? Go on and defend the side murdering LGB and free speech. Somehow I am bad?

You couldn't find a hateful post from me. This is just meaningless nonsense that your 'side' will lap up. For years I have asked for an argument for peace, you just say nope, you are evil. That is it, that is the sum of your argument. You are amongst some bad people on your side, just go to a protest and see who wants death for the other side. It certainly hasn't been my experience on the pro Israel side.

What a joke - Iran wants peace for Palestinians? They want Jews dead, nothing more than that. If Israel were gone, Israel, Gaza and West Bank will likely be absorbed by Syria.

I don't disappear, that is just more of your fantasy hateful nonsense. I just watch and read, you guys unprovoked say the worst things. Especially you, the bastion of human rights, triggers and micro aggressions, for anyone but one group.
Iran wants all jews dead???? This is hyperbolic bull####. Nobody wants to eradicate the world of all its jews. Stop with this.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 05:54 PM   #6203
Language
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I may be generalizing, but a lot of the disagreements in this thread don’t necessarily relate to whether Hamas should or not be eliminated (I would hope that would be obvious), but more so the tactics that Israel is using.

However, I think the general sentiment is still that what Hamas did was vile and a terrorist act.

However, what I cannot understand and what has left me scratching my head is the absolute rot that has taken over mostly Ivy League campuses in the States. Outright support for Hamas, saying their actions were justified. Championing their cause, and people yelling “We are Hamas”. Making demands such as the universities “divest” from Israel, where they don’t even know what they want the schools to divest from when questioned. “Queers for Palestine” rallies. If this is what progressive academia is teaching these kids, then god help us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Language is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Language For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 06:05 PM   #6204
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
Iran wants all jews dead???? This is hyperbolic bull####. Nobody wants to eradicate the world of all its jews. Stop with this.
Yeah If that was true wouldn't they start with the jews living inside Iran?
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 06:12 PM   #6205
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Yeah If that was true wouldn't they start with the jews living inside Iran?
If anyone wanted to kill all the Jews, as Netanyahu and his lap dogs keep professing, they would start with anywhere other than Israel. Alas, zionism's life blood is crisis inflation, and this is a prime example.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 06:18 PM   #6206
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's not just American universities - here in Toronto people openly call for violence against Israelis and are glorifying Hamas' atrocities on Oct 7.

It's like we are witnessing the rise of the KKK all over again. Antisemitism is spreading unchecked.
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to starseed For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 06:28 PM   #6207
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
You can say whatever you want here, but you can't quote it. Any claims I made have been backed up. Now I am not a good person? Go on and defend the side murdering LGB and free speech. Somehow I am bad?

You couldn't find a hateful post from me. This is just meaningless nonsense that your 'side' will lap up. For years I have asked for an argument for peace, you just say nope, you are evil. That is it, that is the sum of your argument. You are amongst some bad people on your side, just go to a protest and see who wants death for the other side. It certainly hasn't been my experience on the pro Israel side.

What a joke - Iran wants peace for Palestinians? They want Jews dead, nothing more than that. If Israel were gone, Israel, Gaza and West Bank will likely be absorbed by Syria.

I don't disappear, that is just more of your fantasy hateful nonsense. I just watch and read, you guys unprovoked say the worst things. Especially you, the bastion of human rights, triggers and micro aggressions, for anyone but one group.
Exactly, “blah blah blah, it’s everyone else, you’re all bad, I just want peace” and then follow it up by calling it a “joke” to suggest that the innocent Palestinians, Israelis, Iranians, Egyptians, and foreign aid workers caught in all this are worth caring about.

The difference between you and I is that you see the “sides” as Israelis vs Palestinians, and lump critics and supporters in each side accordingly. I see the sides as people who want peace and people who don’t. You go ahead and decide what side you’re actually on, and if we’re on the same one, then maybe re-evaluate how you treat people who want the same things despite disagreeing on how to get there, and let go of the hate.

I know there are bad people on the side you think I’m on. I know there are people that really do support Hamas. I know there are anti-semitic and horrible people at protests and around the world in general. I get it. But you can’t seem to understand that there are good people, too, and a lot more of them. I know you think otherwise, but criticizing the Israeli government, or even just being Palestinian (or Iranian, for that matter) doesn’t make someone a bad person, no matter how much you want to hate them for who they are. Those people are the victims, not you or I. And the people who are making them victims aren’t just Hamas and Iran, but the Israeli government as well (especially the far right elements).

You also seem to be a big fan of saying things you can’t quote. But you’re only lying to yourself Nage, the only people who buy it are the incredibly tiny group of trash posters who call Palestinians animals, deaths of innocent children a benefit, and who wish death on people who disagree with them. There might be some awful people who agree with some of my points for very different motivations, but I don’t know of anyone who isn’t terrible who has ever agreed with you. Good company, I guess.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 08:14 PM   #6208
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starseed View Post
It's not just American universities - here in Toronto people openly call for violence against Israelis and are glorifying Hamas' atrocities on Oct 7.

It's like we are witnessing the rise of the KKK all over again. Antisemitism is spreading unchecked.
How is this relevant to the discussion at hand? Honest question. We are talking about the genocide happening in Gaza and what happened to innocent Israeli citizens on Oct 7th.

All that other talk is just deflection and not relevant to what's happening over seas.

Some racists are being racist at a university? Ok...don't see why that should be mentioned in this thread. Maybe needs it's own thread because no matter what some lunatics say at a university it is still totally irrelevant to the indiscriminate killing of innocents on both sides.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:40 PM   #6209
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:

This is definitely true.

The problem is people are conflating Jewish = supportive of the Israeli government and Palestinian = Hamas.

While this is true in some cases, hateful people are conveniently picking one side of this equation to focus on to justify their blanket hate.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 07:40 AM   #6210
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Pretty sure I literally said 6-7 months ago that antisemitism will grow because Isreal continues to conflate Judaism with Zionism.

If you can convince most of the western worth that they are one and the same, then you'll see anti-Jewishness everywhere.

Thankfully, most people are uneasily growing awareness and can see a stark contrast between Jews and Zionists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:20 AM   #6211
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...-yay-for-hamas

Quote:
Among the hordes cheering on Hamas from university campuses and the streets of America are among the most privileged kids in the world. There’s the pricey North Face coats, keffiyeh, of course, and a slew of other luxe goods.

Of the 114 anti-Israel protesters slammed behind bars in the Big Apple following protests at Columbia University, many emerged from behind the gilded gates of the country’s richest families.

Kids of executives were there along with the politically well-connected. Here are some of the brat pack who grew up in multimillion-dollar palaces, attended private schools and have spent their whole lives being spoiled rotten.

Many of those arrested attended elite Barnard College. Cost? $90,000 per annum.
A handful of the Hamas supporters in the US. They aren’t exactly the finest members of society, just spoiled rich kids. I don’t think anyone on this board would want to be associated with what they stand for.

Well, except maybe Q, he is the only one on this board that I know of who believes Hamas should maintain power in Gaza.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:26 AM   #6212
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

No wonder your opinions are what they are. Stop reading trash, maybe? Please?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:27 AM   #6213
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
No wonder your opinions are what they are. Stop reading trash, maybe? Please?
What are my opinions?
Old 04-25-2024, 08:39 AM   #6214
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
What are my opinions?
Where you call protestors "Hamas supporters". You think because someone is standing against Israel's indiscriminate killing that they must support terrorists.

I actually took a minute to go find a real source for what you shared, because there was absolutely nothing of use in the doxing files from a trash organization where you seem to get your "news" from. Why don't you read actual information? Are you satisfied with what that hack shared?

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news...s-campus-gate/

Quote:
Pro-Palestinian demonstrators have been occupying the lawn for several days. Video from overhead showed protesters sprawling on sleeping bags and mats Friday, with banners and Palestinian flags laid out around them. They are demanding a ceasefire in Gaza and for the university to divest from Israel.
Quote:
"Our goal is not to be against Jewish people. Our goal is simply to say we don't agree with what Israel, the government of Israel, is doing in the Middle East," Hookky
Oh look, they just want what most people are asking for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 08:43 AM   #6215
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

A handful of the Hamas supporters in the US. They aren’t exactly the finest members of society, just spoiled rich kids. I don’t think anyone on this board would want to be associated with what they stand for.

Well, except maybe Q, he is the only one on this board that I know of who believes Hamas should maintain power in Gaza.
Well, nobody here supports Hamas. But, there’s actually no evidence any of those people are Hamas supporters either, and these protests are Pro-Palestinian, not pro-Hamas, so while their may be some people among them who are anti-semitic or pro-Hamas, painting the entire protests that way is just another in a long list of examples of anti-Palestinian hate.

Why are you even sharing that trash opinion piece? The guy is obviously an #######, and I can imagine reading it and thinking anything beyond that unless you’re also an ####### and actually thought it was on point.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:49 AM   #6216
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quiz time: “Go back to Poland” shouted at Jews.

Stormfront or Columbia student protestor?

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 04-25-2024 at 11:55 AM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 08:50 AM   #6217
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Well, nobody here supports Hamas. But, there’s actually no evidence any of those people are Hamas supporters either, and these protests are Pro-Palestinian, not pro-Hamas, so while their may be some people among them who are anti-semitic or pro-Hamas, painting the entire protests that way is just another in a long list of examples of anti-Palestinian hate.

Why are you even sharing that trash opinion piece? The guy is obviously an #######, and I can imagine reading it and thinking anything beyond that unless you’re also an ####### and actually thought it was on point.
I agree that not all protesters are Hamas supporters, I never said that they were. But they he Hamas supporters amongst them are #######s.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:52 AM   #6218
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I hadn't even heard of these campus protests until now and took starseeds word that they were anti sematic and people were glorifying Hamas.

Read up on it and that couldn't be further from the truth. Some people are using the protests to spew their hate but the overwhelming majority are trying to protest in peace.

I know the Pro Israel crowd doesn't like it but the world is waking up to the atrocities committed by Israel. Thanks to social media like TikTok, the world doesn't get their news filtered by zionist backed social media or news corporation companies.

Kids being slaughtered on show for public to see really hits a nerve with people who love humanity.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:54 AM   #6219
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Quiz of the day: “Go back to Poland” shouted at Jews.

Stormfront or Columbia student protestor?
It really does seem like people are intentionally ignoring history.

The anti-Jew policies in Nazi Germany primarily began in schools & universities.

I guess easy to dupe the stupid.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 08:55 AM   #6220
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I agree that not all protesters are Hamas supporters, I never said that they were. But they he Hamas supporters amongst them are #######s.
Quote:

-snip-.
You just posted an "article" with a bunch of protesters identified, then you flagged them as Hamas supporters with no evidence of it!

That's the problem, you enmesh yourself with these trash opinions so much that you don't even see when you are doing it. Stop it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: