Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
Conservatives 91 39.22%
Liberals 126 54.31%
NDP 6 2.59%
Greens 8 3.45%
Other 1 0.43%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2015, 08:07 PM   #41
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I kind of want to vote for the Greens because I like my protest votes, and while i don't agree with everything the greens stand for I think they are right that the environment and economic equality are the biggest issues for most of use, wile the other parties are all trying to keep those issues on the back burner. But I somehow feel a vote for the liberals could count.

I just can't support the war on science and insistence on pushing their social agenda on us.

Nor do I think the rip up the trade deals/blind support for unions of dead industries, party has the best interest of the average Albertan in mind.

So hopefully the liberals get a few steals in Alberta.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #42
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 votes already cast for Stevie. But can live with LP. As long as it's not creepy uncle we shall be fine.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2015, 08:16 PM   #43
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
It came across to me that Trudeau didn't see the numbers thing as being all that important in the interview. It's not a contradiction to say what the cost of your spending promises were at that time. It could be there were more questions to be asked based on his numbers and how it might impact the pocketbooks of Canadians.
He didn't. To the point where he straight up said "If you want to talk numbers, I'll come back in a week."

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #44
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

^ I get that, and the point that he didn't want to give incorrect numbers that would be used against him makes sense... But his answer didn't sit very well with me - maybe it was the tone. It seemed like he didn't know whether he had promised three billion or fifteen, and he didn't care.

One concern I have with an economic plan based on deficit spending is that there will be urgency to spend that money, whether it makes sense or not. Hopefully if they get in, there will not be a push to spend money without first determining that it will be spent effectively.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:24 PM   #45
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
I posted this link a few weeks back. I'm supporting the liberals but strategically voting NDP in my riding.

http://www.strategicvoting.ca/alldistricts.php

Check out that link.
Calgary Midnapore - Green Party......

Living in Calgary Midnapore (and I know there is a snowballs chance in h*** that anyone unseats Kenney) but the Greens aren't even a factor in the riding. Haley Brown seems to be getting some momentum, but I haven't seen anything from the Greens. Didn't even know the green candidate name until I went to vote last week.
c.t.ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:28 PM   #46
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.t.ner View Post

Living in Calgary Midnapore (and I know there is a snowballs chance in h*** that anyone unseats Kenney) but the Greens aren't even a factor in the riding. Haley Brown seems to be getting some momentum, but I haven't seen anything from the Greens. Didn't even know the green candidate name until I went to vote last week.
A thing about that strategicvoting site: it's run by Green Party supporters. They'll give you more or less accurate strategic voting advice in close, competitive ridings, but if it's a riding where the Conservative candidate is expected to cruise to an easy victory, they'll tell you to vote Green just to get their popular vote totals up.

Quote:
This is a solidly Conservative riding; strategic voting will not make any difference. Voting Green will help keep the Greens share of the popular vote close to their actual numbers and would allow Green supporters to vote in swing ridings for the Liberals or the NDP.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #47
eddly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I voted conservative again. I am uncomfortable with Trudeau's plan to welcome debt simply because of low interest rates and im not a fan of marijuana. I would strategically vote liberal though if i had to to block ndp. Probably not necessary now.

eddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #48
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.t.ner View Post

There are riding strongholds of course where voting against the Cons isn't really going to be effective.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:48 PM   #49
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddly View Post
I voted conservative again. I am uncomfortable with Trudeau's plan to welcome debt simply because of low interest rates and im not a fan of marijuana. I would strategically vote liberal though if i had to to block ndp. Probably not necessary now.
Then don't smoke it!

In all seriousness, if you're not a fan of the drug, the best option is actually to strictly regulate, tax, and better control access to it.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:14 PM   #50
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Voting strategically ABC, which means NDP in my riding (in which 20,000 NDP supporters could fail to show up and they'd still take the seat).

For me, policies are entirely secondary in this election to the ways and means of governing that the Conservatives have demonstrated: utter contempt for democracy and science, and the regular reliance upon divisive, cynical politics.

I can live with the policies of either of the other parties, but can't stomach the Conservatives' approach to governance generally. That whole "enemies of Israel" list reported on in the Winnipeg Free Press is actually pretty scary, and probably a pretty good window into the inner workings of that party.

Last edited by flylock shox; 10-05-2015 at 11:27 PM.
flylock shox is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flylock shox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2015, 11:23 PM   #51
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, let's give people criminal records for doing things we don't agree with but also don't affect us in any way.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #52
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
He didn't. To the point where he straight up said "If you want to talk numbers, I'll come back in a week."
Then why throw in the sarcastic response that if people want numbers they can go the Liberal website and do the tabulations?
Old 10-06-2015, 01:37 AM   #53
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I find it funny you say this while using the Blazers logo for your avatar.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #54
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

I voted for PC, Len Webber in Calgary's Confederation riding.

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:10 AM   #55
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

If you're not a fan of marijuana then don't smoke it.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:13 AM   #56
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm slightly torn
I voted Liberal in the CP poll, but I may seriously consider voting for the NDP candidate....
For some reason, my riding (Don Valley North - Toronto) was very closely contested in the last election, but this time, the NDP candidate is the only one that has actually done any campaigning. I have not heard a peep from the Liberal candidate, and the Conservative candidate is being criticized for refusing to talk to media or attend any all candidate events.
I wrote an e-mail to the liberal candidate, so hopefully they respond with my questions. After all the hoopla about unqualified candidates, at least the NDP candidate is actually doing a good job, even if I disagree with their platform. The other though I had though is that my riding is abundantly mainland Chinese, so maybe the liberals are just counting on name recognition as the only Chinese candidate.

I'm torn, vote for the party platform, or the best candidate.....
Old 10-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #57
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

I voted LPC in the first poll, CPC is this one. Undecided overall, but would be perfectly fine with a Liberal minority - just mostly really happy this poll reflects national numbers: that the NDP is in total freefall. This warms my heart.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #58
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still about 30 votes less than the first poll, but the trends are like this so far:

LIB +8.52%
CPC +1.11%
NDP -6.63%
GRN -1.12%
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #59
eddly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
Then don't smoke it!

In all seriousness, if you're not a fan of the drug, the best option is actually to strictly regulate, tax, and better control access to it.
The smell of it makes me quite sick too. So there is that as well.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #60
eddly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, let's give people criminal records for doing things we don't agree with but also don't affect us in any way.
Well it does have an effect on me when I smell it. Same with tobacco smoke. Can't easily avoid it.