Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2015, 09:38 AM   #121
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
I did.

Abi is vile, Abi is a trainwreck... Abi is good TV. I voted for Kass for the same reason.
Abi is the true ChaosKass this season. She is unpredictable and emotional, and it's a refreshing change in Survivor when so many players are just analytical game-bots.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #122
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Abi is the true ChaosKass this season.
Yes, instead of Chaos Kass we're getting Anarchy Abi.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #123
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Okay, now I'm tired of Abi. Her time here has run its course.

Great plays by Tasha and Savage to get the other four to crack. Tasha jumping all over Varner after the challenge was what started it. Varner had no reason to signal Wiglesworth, had no idea what he was thinking there. Only thing I question is keeping Abi over Peih-Gee, she's shown she can flip if you upset her in the slightest. I hope Woo can survive this.

Stephen and Spencer look like they're in much better positions, thanks to the swap.

3 tribes has always worked for Survivor recently, no surprise they did it again. They should have had a challenge to decide who got the Angkor beach though, the disadvantage seemed very unfair and that place looks like hell.

And poor Monica, Kimmi, Ciera, Wiglesworth, and Keith...all invisible so far.
Here's some Keith for you, doing his best Joe impression:

Link
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #124
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

On a seperate note: I wish they'd tone down the editting. They're pushing the "Second Chance" theme way to hard (highlighting repeating past mistakes). I think if you wanted to predict the winner all you have to do is is rank the players in reverse order of how much they're playing/being portrayed like the last time they were on the show and you'll have the eventual winner in your top 5.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #125
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Personally I like Abi, she's playing a completely unpredictable game, she's going around and creating fires and she's been pretty good by not getting caught in the explosions.

She's like a pit viper, you don't know who's side she's on or if you're safe with her in your alliance, she's making this season fun for me.

She was really right about PG being sooo indecisive and wishy washy and not having a game plan at all.

I agree with the above post, too many people play this game too strategicially and with too little emotion and not enough fight and bite.

Right now, I'm doing everything I can to get Abi as a vote and Abi to the end in front of the jury.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 10-08-2015, 10:53 AM   #126
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

That was an entertaining episode. Abi is just all over the map and it is making for good TV, but I still just can't stand her lol.

PG was just useless, what a horrible game she played. I feel like the fans wasted a spot by voting her in this season. But on the plus side she is gone early.

Slick move by Jeremy, that is 2/2 for idol snatches now. What I can't wait for is to see someone get caught.

What was Varner trying to mouth to Wigglesworth anyway? I commented before how he was in danger of over playing, that was it right there. He was lucky to get away with it and hopefully realizes he needs to slow down just a bit. Spencer broke it down pretty good, his fault the first time was playing the game 100% logically, you need to throw in some emotions at the right time as it can help you make decisions based on your gut. Survivor is not a logical game because it is based on the actions and reactions of people, who are historically illogical! lol
Old 10-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #127
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woo just doesn't seem to get Survivor.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #128
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
That was an entertaining episode. Abi is just all over the map and it is making for good TV, but I still just can't stand her lol.

PG was just useless, what a horrible game she played. I feel like the fans wasted a spot by voting her in this season. But on the plus side she is gone early.

Slick move by Jeremy, that is 2/2 for idol snatches now. What I can't wait for is to see someone get caught.

What was Varner trying to mouth to Wigglesworth anyway? I commented before how he was in danger of over playing, that was it right there. He was lucky to get away with it and hopefully realizes he needs to slow down just a bit. Spencer broke it down pretty good, his fault the first time was playing the game 100% logically, you need to throw in some emotions at the right time as it can help you make decisions based on your gut. Survivor is not a logical game because it is based on the actions and reactions of people, who are historically illogical! lol
I kind of wasn't paying attention to the Varney part, but it sounds like he was trying to tell another tribe who to eliminate.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:38 PM   #129
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Varner thing was clearly edited out. To go back to the camp thinking he was done for after the "outburst" we saw made 0 sense. All he appeared to do was try to communicate with his old tribe members, something the rest of the tribe (outside Savage and Tasha) wouldn't have much issue with. It seems pretty clear there was a much bigger fight that we didn't see, one that likely didn't paint a pretty picture of Varner.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:18 PM   #130
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yea we didn't see this 'outburst' that they referred to during tribal, I was really confused about that.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #131
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Yea we didn't see this 'outburst' that they referred to during tribal, I was really confused about that.
From an interview with PG... Varner's plan was to somehow communicate with their people who the people on the "outs" were on the other tribe (so they could link up with them to stay safe until the merge). Tasha caught him "we got a rat!" which flustered Varner and caused him to throw everyone (including Woo, PG, Abi) under the bus.

He should have just kept his mouth shut or owned it
Old 10-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #132
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Abi is the perfect pawn. All it takes is a little TLC, and she's your ally until you blindside her. Careful she doesn't get wind of it though, because she will turn on you without a second thought. She's a terrible Survivor player, and the only thing that seems to keep her going is her unpredictability. Or is that her strategy???

Savage and Tasha would be smart to align with Woo, pick off Varner (he's a future threat, Woo isn't), and if there isn't another merge dump Abi next when they are comfortable with their numbers. If they merge before that they have another alliance with Woo and Abi some point down the road, but Abi's a total wildcard. I feel kinda sorry for Woo, he's a nice guy but is totally clueless when it comes to what needs to be done to advance. Both him and Abi are good foot soldiers, but a poor generals.

I can't see Joe going too far if he gets any further in the game when the numbers dwindle, the guy is just far too good at absolutely everything. If he ever made it to the individual immunities you have to think he will contend in every one of them, and no chance that guy loses in front of a jury. He's by far the biggest threat in the game.....dump him ASAP is what I would do.

I just love watching this show, there's such an incredible amount of strategy/luck/shmoozing that goes on that I find really fascinating. You need to be thinking 8 steps ahead with a plan to utilize every person there, while the goal posts constantly shift and your position within the game changes. It takes a very intuitive person who trusts no one to get anywhere, and luck/skill at the end to make it through the individual aspects. Super fun to watch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #133
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I agree with most of what you said except that it takes an intuitive person, because we've also seen 'goats' win who just got the end by being dragged there in front of a bitter jury.

I think over the seasons though most players have gotten better at checking their emotions for the final vote. It would be a tough pill to swallow and I make no claim that I would be able to stomach it.

The part where Abi turns to look at Woo with that batcrap crazy look in her eyes "That's twice you wrote my name down now" and Woo is just like FML... haha classic.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #134
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Meh, just the latest Golden Boy... Joe is Malcolm (who is Ozzy).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post

I can't see Joe going too far if he gets any further in the game when the numbers dwindle, the guy is just far too good at absolutely everything. If he ever made it to the individual immunities you have to think he will contend in every one of them, and no chance that guy loses in front of a jury. He's by far the biggest threat in the game.....dump him ASAP is what I would do.
The Joe, Ozzy, Malcolm types have no chance of winning, especially as returnees. Way too threatening and too likable, all the great things he is doing around camp isn't helping at all. I think he goes just before the merge or right after it.

As a character, Joe is a nice guy but I think he's very boring compared to Ozzy (who I hated but admit was a huge character) and Malcolm (who is one of my favorite Survivors, and someone who I don't think is as similar to the other two because he is way more strategic and less of a survivalist/challenge beast).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
I just love watching this show, there's such an incredible amount of strategy/luck/shmoozing that goes on that I find really fascinating. You need to be thinking 8 steps ahead with a plan to utilize every person there, while the goal posts constantly shift and your position within the game changes. It takes a very intuitive person who trusts no one to get anywhere, and luck/skill at the end to make it through the individual aspects. Super fun to watch.
The show seems to have found new life over the last few years. I'm so hooked right now.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #135
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just getting caught up now, good season so far. I thought for sure I was losing Terry with the editing, him saying he was on top, then how lucky he was at the tribe swap, then saying they will win every challenge.

Woo and PG weren't thinking that one through. All they had to do was agree to take out Varner and they would have been in a decent position at 2-2 with Abi in the middle. Start a fight with Abi and Tash and they are back on top. I doesn't make any sense to push for the vote for Abi, Savage and Tash (since they had a choice) aren't going leave Woo, PG and Jeff all together because they would still be on the bottom of a 3-2 tribe. Woo and PG should have realized that, jumped ship and formed a strong 4 person with Savage and Tash.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:29 PM   #136
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really enjoyed that episode. Was kinda surprised that Jeremy tanked the reward challenge. Wasn't too surprised at the Immunity challenge though.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #137
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Jeremy has always been a looks like tarzan plays like Jane guy.

That immunity challenge though was a breaker, I thought for sure that one player had broken his shin, Mr no emotion guy what's his name.

I felt sorry for the losing tribe, they're just a physically weak group of players, the actual split into three tribes created one tribe that's really at a massive disadvantage.

Its pretty clear that Abi has taken control of her tribes voting and as erratic as she is, she's not dumb, she's playing them pretty hard and running a nice con.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2015, 11:19 AM   #138
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I was a bit sad to see Varner go, obviously because I picked him, but also because he was entertaining. He played the game hard, however he let off the gas peddle before the vote last week and that is what cost him the game this time around. He went back to camp and gave up thinking it was him, instead of he should have been moving and shaking to try and get rid of one of Tasha or Savage and putting himself in a better position. Instead he had to spend to much time scrambling trying to make up for lost time, and it cost him.

With the air time Savage is getting I find it hard to believe he won't make it far into the merge... but at the same time we were saying the same thing about Varner.

One of the strongest starts to a season we have seen yet, this one promises to go the distance all the way to the final vote.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #139
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm very shocked Varner went, he looked like someone who was definitely going to merge based on the edit he got and I thought he won Savage and Tasha's votes with his pitch.

With that being said, keeping Woo is definitely the right move for Tasha and Savage. There isn't any other person who is more loyal than him. The back and forth between him and Varner at tribal council was pretty great to watch.

Liked Savage a little more in this episode, what a strong performance by him in the hero challenge. Angkor is absolute hellhole right now, they're gonna have to go back to two tribes soon if they want to give them a fair chance of making it.

I'm predicting an Abi or Monica boot next episode. Looks like they're setting up Monica to go against Spencer/Jeremy/Stephen and I don't think that will end well for her.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #140
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
I'm very shocked Varner went, he looked like someone who was definitely going to merge based on the edit he got and I thought he won Savage and Tasha's votes with his pitch.

With that being said, keeping Woo is definitely the right move for Tasha and Savage. There isn't any other person who is more loyal than him. The back and forth between him and Varner at tribal council was pretty great to watch.

Liked Savage a little more in this episode, what a strong performance by him in the hero challenge. Angkor is absolute hellhole right now, they're gonna have to go back to two tribes soon if they want to give them a fair chance of making it.

I'm predicting an Abi or Monica boot next episode. Looks like they're setting up Monica to go against Spencer/Jeremy/Stephen and I don't think that will end well for her.
Stephen/Jeremy/Spencer I don't think is very threatening.

Those three guys will each find a way to mess up their own position in the coming episodes I think. It's just what they do. Jeremy I think is the kind of player who ends up going home with an Idol in his pocket.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post: