Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

That has to be a good sign for our season.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
That has to be a good sign for our season.
I dont know, I only managed to watch about 15 minutes of the match and I have to say that that was a highly undeserved win.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #23
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont know, I only managed to watch about 15 minutes of the match and I have to say that that was a highly undeserved win.
That was always going to be a bit of a tough match though, traveling away to a team that is in mid-season, while most of our players have hardly had any time under the new manager. Hopefully they can pick it up a notch for the 2nd leg.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #24
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aquilani gone. Hopefully for good this time.

Quote:
A statement on the Reds' official website read: "Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that Alberto Aquilani has completed a permanent transfer to Serie A side Fiorentina.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...uilani?cc=5901

He had lots of potential but he never seemed to ever want to play for Liverpool.

If anything mars the Benitez reign of Liverpool it will be Aquilani and the Barry/Alonso saga.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #25
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Joe Allen getting really close to signing, as we have apparently decided to meet his release clause. I think he is going to be a really good player for us if we do end up getting him.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle3502239.ece
Old 08-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #26
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

He was at Anfield for the Europa league match today. Lots of people seem convinced that his signing will be announced in the morning.

Also, a much better match against Gomel today. Pretty close to what I could see as being our opening day 11, and they looked very incisive, albeit against inferior competition.
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #27
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Bellamy transfer to Cardiff is official now.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #28
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Allen is official.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #29
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bellamy - "I spent the last three weeks hounding Allen to go to Liverpool. I'm delighted for LFC because they've just got an immense player."
Old 08-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #30
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

A nice little parting gift from Craig.

I think Liverpool's midfield is going to be much stronger this year with Allen and a healthy Lucas. Both these players are great in a tackle, keep the ball very well, and show intelligent movement without the ball. Plus it will also allow Gerrard to play in a more forward role. I don't mind the fee for Allen at all.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #31
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I gotta say, I think Bellamy got a raw deal. That guy was money. You could always count on him. I know hes getting old and wants to play, but I like Bellamy.

I have to reserve judgement on Allen, I've never really seen him play, but I think this may the writing on the wall for Adam.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #32
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

^ Apparently Bellamy turned down twice as much money from QPR to play at Cardiff. It did seem like he really wanted to go home. Rodgers said in one of his pressers that it was weighing on Bellamy to be away from his family so much, as they remained in Cardiff while he was in Liverpool.

As far as our team sheet, if you take that starting 11 from the Gomel game, the only debatably weak links are probably Shelvey and Downing if he isn't on form. Allen beside Lucas, with Gerrard up top is a very solid midfield. Then I can see Shelvey/Henderson replacing Gerrard from time to time.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:00 AM   #33
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quite excited for the midfield. Like most, I'm unsure about Allen, but we'll see. Frankly, I'm mostly excited about a full season of Lucas again. Lucas has had a lot of haters over his tenure here, and I think before his injury, he turned every single one around.

Agreed about Bellamy too. Guy is old, but I hope at least one guy caught what the guy had. Epic plunking determination!

I'm not expecting an overnight turnaround (nor do I think anyone is) but I like where this is going. My thoughts mostly stem from how I think Rodgers will do as our manager. I think he's the right man for this job, and I hope to be proven right.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #34
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

We have signed 24 yr old winger Osama Assaidi. Can't post Link right now as I am on my phone, but it sounds like he is a fast, tricky winger. 3 million pounds for him.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #35
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
We have signed 24 yr old winger Osama Assaidi. Can't post Link right now as I am on my phone, but it sounds like he is a fast, tricky winger. 3 million pounds for him.
More info:

Quote:
Liverpool have reached an agreement with Heerenveen to sign winger Oussama Assaidi, subject to the player passing a medical.

The Morocco international, who has scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for the Eredivisie side, is poised to become Brendan Rodgers' third signing of the summer after Fabio Borini and Joe Allen.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...e-Assaidi-deal

Old 08-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #36
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who is Adam Morgan and why is he starting? I know its the Europa League, but has something happened that I'm not aware of?

When Danny Pacheco was brought in he was highly touted, and now Morgan is getting a start ahead of him.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #37
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mother####ing Reina. More unbelievable mistakes.

Hearts get 1 corner all game. Corners are 10-1 for Liverpool but Hearts score on their one chance.

This is last season all over again. Is this squad any better than last season's?

Old 08-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #38
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thank you Suarez.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #39
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Reina's mistakes are becoming way too frequent.

Pecheco seems to make a poor impression everywhere he goes. Morgan had been playing really well for a while in the youth teams and reserves, so I think he earned his chance here.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #40
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too many mistakes from Reina on easy saves that he should always make, and Suarez's conversion rate has to improve. Hes scoring on something like 1 in 5 chances and that just isnt good enough.

Tags
gerrard , ynwa