Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2022, 04:39 PM   #2181
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Harrison killing Angela would just be a rehash of the whole Doakes death scene. Dexter can't kill the person himself, but will also go to jail for life if that person doesn't die, so his son does the job for him without permission.

I'm thinking they kill Dexter off. The showrunner promised that the finale would break the internet, so I can't see what else could do that.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:58 PM   #2182
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

My crazy/out of left field prediction (since I still don't think any of these fit the internet-breaking mould):

Harrison is really the son of Trinity. You'll recall he was emotionally affected by the podcast about Trinity, and he uses the same weapon as Arthur, so those line up. He was researching Dex just like he said. He found Hannah and killed her already, said it was cancer. He was only waiting to get some kind of confirmation that Dexter is the guy that murdered his dad by getting close to him, so he played into the gaining his trust thing by enabling his decisions with the "you've saved thousands of people" remarks. Last episode he got a confession/confirmation from Dexter that he killed Arthur.

Now he's going to wait for his moment and use his gun from Dexter to shoot him as was foreshadowed last episode when he showed off his great shot and Dexter remarked on it. You see in the promo a scene where Dexter is running from something in the forest. Will be from Harrison. New Blood will end how it started with a hunt in the forest near his cabin. Angela will be taken out along the way by one of the two of them to preserve their freedom. We'll think they are home free before Harrison drops the truth bomb on him.

It will turn out that Logan is also working with Kurt like Elrick was. Molly would've avoided Kurt after the secluded cabin thing, so it makes sense that someone else lured her for her to end up in Kurt's collection. Molly broke up with Logan so he would have motive to get back at her. He will die as well.

I know its like 95% certain Harrison is actually Harrison but I'd wager on at least half of the above being true if the ending is of the internet breaking variety like they said. Like even if there isn't a twist with Harrison's identity, he may turn on Dexter after he kills Logan & Angela to buy their freedom. He decides his dad has gone too far. Maybe Dexter kills Audrey cause she is a witness and that's when Harrison snaps.

I think there's also a chance they go with an alternate ending to keep the show going.

Last edited by djsFlames; 01-07-2022 at 09:12 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:08 PM   #2183
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
So wait, did Kurt kill that blogger girl? I don't remember seeing that, but I can't remember if hers was one of the faces in the vault
They showed a quick scene of Kurt at his operating table in the episode and I assume that was her as she would have been the latest victim.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:06 PM   #2184
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

The finale is on Showtime app as of midnight so watch for spoilers. I just finished watching.

Spoiler!
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 12:24 AM   #2185
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I thought it was about as good an ending as you could get, given the way things are setup. Definitely better than the original ending floating into a hurricane, then ending up as a lumberjack.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:52 AM   #2186
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Spoiler!

Last edited by djsFlames; 01-09-2022 at 01:32 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 01:08 AM   #2187
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingmoose View Post
I thought it was about as good an ending as you could get, given the way things are setup. Definitely better than the original ending floating into a hurricane, then ending up as a lumberjack.
That ending was an ending written by people that had become so disconnected from the show's original premise after tacking on so many new things in that season and were looking for any creative fiction they could pull out of a hat just to bring the show to an end.

It felt like what you'd see on a bad soap opera.

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 01:46 AM   #2188
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was as good an ending as anyone could have hoped for, and these last two episodes were outstanding. Right up there with the first 4 seasons IMO. I really enjoyed this new season as whole, and for me it completely redeemed the series after the botched ending of S8.

Spoiler!

Last edited by direwolf; 01-09-2022 at 01:49 AM.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 02:03 AM   #2189
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by djsFlames; 01-09-2022 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:25 AM   #2190
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
That was as good an ending as anyone could have hoped for, and these last two episodes were outstanding. Right up there with the first 4 seasons IMO. I really enjoyed this new season as whole, and for me it completely redeemed the series after the botched ending of S8.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 10:35 AM   #2191
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Spoiler!
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 11:34 AM   #2192
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was an incredible episode up until
Spoiler!
Old 01-09-2022, 01:16 PM   #2193
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
It was an incredible episode up until
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 01:44 PM   #2194
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Spoiler!
Yes! Thanks for summing it up in a way that I couldn't.
Old 01-09-2022, 01:55 PM   #2195
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Old 01-09-2022, 03:05 PM   #2196
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:32 PM   #2197
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Spoiler!
Old 01-09-2022, 06:07 PM   #2198
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Thought it was a great finale. It really fixed the overall stain the series had with how bad the previous finale was IMO.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 08:53 PM   #2199
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pacing seemed a little weird in the back half of the finale... for me it was a solid season let down by a subpar finale which had a really good concept but average execution. Overall the return was a win and eps 5-9 were peak Dexter.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:09 PM   #2200
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Thought it was a great finale. It really fixed the overall stain the series had with how bad the previous finale was IMO.
I thought the whole last few seasons were terrible. The finale itself wasn't particularly worse than than the show was at that point.

Quote:
Pacing seemed a little weird in the back half of the finale... for me it was a solid season let down by a subpar finale which had a really good concept but average execution. Overall the return was a win and eps 5-9 were peak Dexter.
There's been a few comments like that now. It worked for me. He was circling down the drain quickly and kept trying more and more desperate actions to get out of it that kept making things worse until he realized it. The fast pace was kind of the point.