Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2023, 04:08 AM   #1001
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Before people start saying my posts are embarrassing because I post in the middle of the night again..

I've taken a postion lately with working with factories and companies in China. I kinda have to be up.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 04:12 AM   #1002
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Ya , barbarians! You'd never see people like that in our country do that kinda ####.....
*cough * freedom convoy *** cough cough...
I mean I think the freedom convoy was dumb and all but they are in no way comparable unless I missed a whole lot of death
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2023, 04:16 AM   #1003
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
I mean I think the freedom convoy was dumb and all but they are in way comparable unless I missed a whole lot of death
It was more of the way when police wanted to step in they used the idle threat then take my children/ gotta go thru them first/ etc etc posturing.
It was in a way hyperbole . Like people pretend this dosent happen at most types of protests world wide.

The isrealies soldier was never going to kill them on camera. This is what every ultra left protester does. Actually I've seen hippies do this #### too.

It's like the " o you think your a big man , then do it , go on #####, hurt/kill a child. "

I've seen this at anti gay rallies. Etc. Maybe I'm just so desensitized and jaded but I didn't think for one second that kid was in any mortal danger . I've seen this #### in so many types of protests around the world for almost every cause.

This is almost a world wide ,<insert cause> protest . It's a universal Saber rattling technique.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 10-12-2023 at 04:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2023, 04:24 AM   #1004
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1712268428609036542
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2023, 04:30 AM   #1005
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It was more of the way when police wanted to step in they used the idle threat then take my children/ gotta go thru them first/ etc etc posturing.
It was in a way hyperbole . Like people pretend this dosent happen at most types of protests world wide.

The isrealies soldier was never going to kill them on camera. This is what every ultra left protester does. Actually I've seen hippies do this #### too.

It's like the " o you think your a big man , then do it , go on #####, hurt/kill a child. "

I've seen this at anti gay rallies. Etc. Maybe I'm just so desensitized and jaded but I didn't think for one second that kid was in any mortal danger . I've seen this #### in so many types of protests around the world for almost every cause.

This is almost a world wide ,<insert cause> protest . It's a universal Saber rattling technique.
Lol nah. This is like getting a child to approach a road block in Iraq during the war. This isn’t happening at a protest. It is happening during an active war in an active war zone
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2023, 04:42 AM   #1006
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
Lol nah. This is like getting a child to approach a road block in Iraq during the war. This isn’t happening at a protest. It is happening during an active war in an active war zone
Arguing semantics.

They are protesting in a war zone. The soldiers obviously knew what type of #### they are trying to pull.

I'm not condoning this type of behavior at all. I just see it used all the time. I think there's a racial component that comes out when people use harsher terms.

I've seen people here in this country pull the same #### and right wingers not condemn this when it's for their cause.

I think people here see a terrorist Arab Muslim do it , there's other means as we kind have been conditioned to think that way . I also think we have been conditioned to think if a Jewish person does something wrong and is critizied your an anti Semitic.

I thinknthe acts wrong I hate it when any person does it but I think this thread just proves your either anti Muslim or your anti Semitic. Dosent seem to be alot of middle ground unfortunately.

Both are wrong and the bibles/testaments / books etc etc can eat a fat one. A stallion sized fat one.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 10-12-2023 at 04:52 AM.
Old 10-12-2023, 04:51 AM   #1007
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Arguing semantics.

They are protesting in a war zone. The soldiers obviously knew what type of #### they are trying to pull.
No one cares about your analogy to freedom convoy, post it in that thread if you want to argue it’s merits.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 04:56 AM   #1008
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
No one cares about your analogy to freedom convoy, post it in that thread if you want to argue it’s merits.
Well sure.
I was using hyperbolic statements as examples of some racial bias positioning.

White people did stuff here like that and 1/3 of this country had no problem . Alot of war hawks here praised the stand against oppression. A Arab uses the same kind of tactics when actually standing up to a source of real oppression.. ot different

I was definently being hyperbolic. I juat don't know how else to make people see another view point on the conflict other than using examples from home
This thread seems your either anti Semitic if you critizied isreal policy or your pro terrorist.
I guess after this is all done there God can sort it out.

Both sides are wrong . Both sides have been equally wrong for a millenia.

Debating who is right or wrong is easy Both sides. Hold a holy war and both sides lose.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 10-12-2023 at 05:03 AM.
Old 10-12-2023, 06:05 AM   #1009
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So the blockaid for multiple decades was in response to this one specific attack?

I won't get all ranty again but Isreal gave them no reason or the Arab world as a whole to be upset. They never started a single conflict since 1948.

What's the old saying? Chickens coming home to roost..
No. Cutting down electricity, water and fuel supplies entirely is a leverage to free hostages. The absence of water and electricity in Gaza is now fully a fault of Hamas. They can release hostages at any point and get water and electricity to people who elected them. They can't even play the "war crime" card, because taking hostages, even soldiers, is a war crime itself. Can't even call Red Cross or UN. They will be like: "You want water? Free hostages".

It's official conditions now:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...ee-israel-says

Last edited by Pointman; 10-12-2023 at 06:29 AM.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 06:15 AM   #1010
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1712432585882677607
Old 10-12-2023, 06:42 AM   #1011
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
No. Cutting down electricity, water and fuel supplies entirely is a leverage to free hostages. The absence of water and electricity in Gaza is now fully a fault of Hamas. They can release hostages at any point and get water and electricity to people who elected them. They can't even play the "war crime" card, because taking hostages, even soldiers, is a war crime itself. Can't even call Red Cross or UN. They will be like: "You want water? Free hostages".

It's official conditions now:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...ee-israel-says
I'm not sure how successful that gambit will be. Hamas members are fine with dying. Starvation and thirst are just more punishment from Israel, one they relish. Sadly, I'm not holding a lot of hope for the hostages. Their captors are not rational.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 07:06 AM   #1012
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Israelis didn't wipe the whole town. One minister just said that, meaning removing building, not killing people. I get it was a bad remark, and he said so himself, but how it measures against Hamas authorities demanding to demolish whole country.
Nobody said they wiped the whole town, I’m asking you why you think the statement was made to sound worse because of the killing of the 13 year old vs a 37 year old.

We can recognize that even his “clarified” meaning of destroying Palestinian homes (homes, where people live, not just “buildings”) is bad without qualifying that a terrorist organization is worse, can’t we? Or is any civilian cost justified when facing down terrorists?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 07:27 AM   #1013
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Absolutely hilarious first line in Goldstein's article for PostMedia today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2023, 07:38 AM   #1014
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Absolutely hilarious first line in Goldstein's article for PostMedia today.

He’s not entirely wrong. If they’re Jewish, they get to be accused of not being Jewish*, having someone speak for them**, or just being a generic anti-Israel Jewish person***

*Because all “real” Jews feel the same way, so they must be lying
**Because if there is any doubt they said it, it must have been said by a non-Jewish person without their blessing
***If they can’t be realistically accused of lying about being Jewish

Only non-Jewish people get the pleasure of being accused of anti-semitism, but even then, they’re not just labelled as anti-semites, they’re labelled as pro-Hamas, too!
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2023, 07:41 AM   #1015
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I appreciate bringing facts into discussion, but it would help if you got facts straight. Canaanites is an umbrella term for indigenous peoples of what is now Palestine, and Israelites were one of those. Still, your claim that Canaanites are indigenous to Palestine is correct, but it proves Israel's point. Babylon is from a different place altogether. And the point that Israelites are indigenous to Palestine is not religious based.
Youi said this nonsense.

Quote:
Jews were the first people in the land, along with some other nations, but Arabs were not among them.
Which is demonstrably false. You can try and play semantic games (I admit to being anti-semantic - see what I did there?) about trying to declassify Canaanites as non-people and then dismiss the Babylonian empire as foreign invader even though they occupied the lands long before the Jews existed, which was your point. The Jews were first which was total bull####.

The other bull#### is this claim that Jews are not a religion, but instead a nation. To be a Jew you just have to embrace Judaism, which is what? Wait for it? A religion! You don't have to be born into a land, or have any particular blood, you just have to adopt the religion. Period. Full stop. No different than the Mormons, other than the Mormons get a whole planet when your name goes in their book in Salt Lake instead of pining for a crappy piece of real estate in the Middle East. So yes, being a Jew is associated with the religion and not a nation.

Need you be reminded that Judaism grew out of the polytheistic religions of the Canaanites and the Babylonians? Judaism was very minor religion and heretical in context of the times. Even to this day Judaism remains a very minor religion in the world but I digress.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 07:46 AM   #1016
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The actual article... https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...l-are-israelis

... I mean why would someone post a screenshot of the first line without a link to it? Cannot imagine a reason.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2023, 07:51 AM   #1017
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
He’s not entirely wrong. If they’re Jewish, they get to be accused of not being Jewish*, having someone speak for them**, or just being a generic anti-Israel Jewish person***

*Because all “real” Jews feel the same way, so they must be lying
**Because if there is any doubt they said it, it must have been said by a non-Jewish person without their blessing
***If they can’t be realistically accused of lying about being Jewish

Only non-Jewish people get the pleasure of being accused of anti-semitism, but even then, they’re not just labelled as anti-semites, they’re labelled as pro-Hamas, too!
Yes, our own Cowardly Lion of Zion didn't have the fortitude to do anything but dance around calling me a liar because they couldn't comprehend someone of Jewish ancestry doesn't agree with the narative the coward was presenting.
Old 10-12-2023, 07:56 AM   #1018
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

... I mean why would someone post a screenshot of the first line without a link to it? Cannot imagine a reason.
Not sure “Israeli’s criticise Israel, and we can’t accuse them of anti-semitism, so take that anti-semites!” does what you think it does.
Old 10-12-2023, 08:00 AM   #1019
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

You really just need the bookends of that one...

Quote:
Today, let’s deal with the myth promoted by anti-Semites that they can’t criticize Israel without being accused of anti-Semitism.

In the real world, the toughest criticism of Israel comes from within Israel, from people no one would accuse of anti-Semitism.
Quote:
The difference is that honest critics of Israel are not afraid to expose its faults in the hopes of improving its future, as opposed to anti-Semites who just want to destroy it.
OK, so you can only criticize Israel if you are doing it to improve their future. Not pointing out what they are doing is kinda sucky. Then you are an anti-semite.
Old 10-12-2023, 08:02 AM   #1020
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

Because the article is a hack handwaving legitimate external criticism.

I just thought the first line was extremely funny. I posted a much better article from Haaretz (which is not a rag like The Sun) yesterday to crickets.

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/2023...b-737c1b7a0000

Levy wrote an even more scathing article three days prior actually

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/2023...b-14f6262a0000

If you don't want to pay for Haaretz (you should imo, at least for this month) some excerpts here:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1712167472592216477

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
_Q_