Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #161
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Carrie Fisher's brother and daughter have given permission for Disney to use previously-shot footage in Episode IX. They won't be using any digitally created footage of her.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...as-leia-992242
At Celebration on the weekend, Kathleen Kennedy clarified this story. Carrie's scenes were all filmed for Episode VIII and she will appear as shot and they won't have to try to do any digital manipulation to make her fit into this movie.

However, Leia won't be appearing in Episode IX at all. There is no unused footage available that they can just throw into the movie. There is currently no script for Episode IX because they are still finishing the final editing for VIII.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #162
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Also I believe that Rey has previous training, Kylo somehow unlocked or unhinged this part of her mind, maybe it was also when she touched the light saber and had that vision. But either way she had awareness of the force and knew she could do these things but just wasn't sure how she knew. Learning how to trick someone with the force seems like the first thing a little kid would want to learn and exploit for more blue milk and cookies.

I think Luke mind blocked her and left her on Jakku for her own protection, similar to how he was left on Tatooine. Maybe in this second movie we even find out that she DID have a protector on Jakku but it died, or was left unaware during her confrontation.. or a force ghost was watching over and guiding her. Will Luke have a moment where he talks to Ben the way Yoda did in ESB? "She is to old." "You will be. You willllll beee..."
Old 05-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #163
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

The latest issue of Vanity Fair has a cover story on The Last Jedi plus a whole bunch of on-set photos by Annie Leibovitz.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...over-portfolio

Also, tomorrow is the 40th Anniversary of the release of Star Wars.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #164
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

This weekend, Disney is hosting the D23 Expo, which is a big Disney fan club event held every year.

Here's a behind the scenes video for The Last Jedi:

San Diego Comic-Con is next week, so I wouldn't be surprised to see an actual trailer soon.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #165
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, I think that is almost better than a new trailer.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:49 AM   #166
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think my heart hurts a little bit when I see Carrie.

I was hoping for an updated look for Kylo Ren, his Darth Revanisque look just seemed to be not quite right to me.

That shot of Daisy with the hood up holding the light saber, chills, man chills. Plus if you follow her twitter, she is one very funny girl.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:01 AM   #167
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

A couple of things stood out for me.

One was seeing Chewy in the cockpit of a ship other than the Falcon. They better not destroy it (and I don't think they will since the centrepiece attraction at the new Star Wars lands in Disneyland and Walt Disney World will be a simulator where you can fly the Falcon).

The other thing was, in two different training shots, we see Ridley and Driver fighting with their sabres against people wielding fighting staffs. Are they fighting the same enemies in those shots? Are they on the same side, or are they fighting a third common-enemy? Or, is it all a coincidence?
Old 07-16-2017, 11:03 AM   #168
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
A couple of things stood out for me.

One was seeing Chewy in the cockpit of a ship other than the Falcon. They better not destroy it (and I don't think they will since the centrepiece attraction at the new Star Wars lands in Disneyland and Walt Disney World will be a simulator where you can fly the Falcon).

The other thing was, in two different training shots, we see Ridley and Driver fighting with their sabres against people wielding fighting staffs. Are they fighting the same enemies in those shots? Are they on the same side, or are they fighting a third common-enemy? Or, is it all a coincidence?
Knights of Ren maybe?

Maybe we are seeing Kylo completing his training and Rey fighting them off.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #169
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

They had me, then Ackbar said its a wrap and my hype levels went through the roof.

I thought of a few things, it could be stand ins for Rey/Luke or Rey/someone else just practicing with Ben. OR there are apparently supposed to be some new form of Royal Guards in this one, maybe they have some electrostaves.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #170
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

The worst part about the waiting is knowing that production is essentially done and we still have to wait until December to see it.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #171
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
They had me, then Ackbar said its a wrap and my hype levels went through the roof.

I thought of a few things, it could be stand ins for Rey/Luke or Rey/someone else just practicing with Ben. OR there are apparently supposed to be some new form of Royal Guards in this one, maybe they have some electrostaves.
Still going with the knights of Ren at least one of them looks like he had a staff

Some fans figure that Snoke would have his own version of the Imperial Guard or like a Praetorian Guard

Old 07-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #172
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think my heart hurts a little bit when I see Carrie.

I was hoping for an updated look for Kylo Ren, his Darth Revanisque look just seemed to be not quite right to me.

That shot of Daisy with the hood up holding the light saber, chills, man chills. Plus if you follow her twitter, she is one very funny girl.
Seeing her interract with everyone so happily is what hurts me.

It reminds me a lot of Robin Williams. Happy on the outside but Hell on the inside until eventually Hell wins.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #173
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was at Safeways flipping through the magazines and picked up the Star Wars Insider. I flipped to this story from a fan that met Carrie at a convention and it just seems like Carrie and Mark Hamill are really good and generous with the fans.

I tend to think that Carrie was a genuinely kind and funny girl with a tough streak that really covered for the demons that dominated her life.

Its going to be a little though I think to watch the next movie with her in it, I think there's going to be the inevitable fear while watching the movie that they going to kill her off. Its logical, and its likely, and it makes sense. I hope though that its an ending befitting of a princess, and that it doesn't have to involve her death to advance a plot point.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:04 AM   #174
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I was at Safeways flipping through the magazines and picked up the Star Wars Insider. I flipped to this story from a fan that met Carrie at a convention and it just seems like Carrie and Mark Hamill are really good and generous with the fans.

I tend to think that Carrie was a genuinely kind and funny girl with a tough streak that really covered for the demons that dominated her life.

Its going to be a little though I think to watch the next movie with her in it, I think there's going to be the inevitable fear while watching the movie that they going to kill her off. Its logical, and its likely, and it makes sense. I hope though that its an ending befitting of a princess, and that it doesn't have to involve her death to advance a plot point.
As I recall have they not released a statement indicating that they will do no such thing?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 07-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #175
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its possible, however, I figure that if it was Carrie, she'd want some kind of off the wall death for Leia.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #176
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Its possible, however, I figure that if it was Carrie, she'd want some kind of off the wall death for Leia.
Right, but by my understanding at the time of her death her scenes for the upcoming film were completed and even some scenes for the next film were done.

If what you're suggesting were to happen it wouldnt be in this movie it would likely be in the next one.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #177
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, just reading up, my understanding was that all of Carrie's filming for this movie was done and in the can, and they'll resolve her characters in the final movie of the trilogy.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #178
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If you haven't seen it yet, you should watch the documentary with Carrie and her mom that HBO aired back in January: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5651050/

There's a scene in it where Carrie is at a convention and it shows how great she was interacting with her fans.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #179
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah I watched it, her mom was a bit of a mess in that one, you could see that age had really caught up to Debbie Reynolds.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #180
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I watched it, her mom was a bit of a mess in that one, you could see that age had really caught up to Debbie Reynolds.
Yes.....age......