Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-16-2015, 03:06 PM   #21
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default More Praise for Realtor 1!

A big thanks to Travis for getting the deal done on the purchase of my new Townhouse!

More photos on Flickr
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2015, 03:22 PM   #22
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Congrats dude!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2015, 03:24 PM   #23
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Subtle brag thread indeed.

Also, congrats

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 PM   #24
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Travis has been busy, finalized a deal for a townhouse for me today too!!!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #25
Hugh Jahrmes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

He got the full asking price for my mansion within 10 days
Old 12-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #26
codfather
Farm Team Player

Exp:

This is a little overdue, but moving is time consuming.

I've been looking at buying a house for years but only recently did it become realistic to look into more seriously. That meant it was time to look for a realtor.

I very rarely post, but have been lurking the boards for many years and one of my favourites is Travis' Real Estate subforum. I had even messaged Travis a few years ago on here about something real estate related and the promptness and professionalism of his reply impressed me. Fast forward to now and I'm looking for a realtor and that had stuck with me. Between all of the good words and recommendations on CP and the way he still made time to respond to my question a few years back when I was just some internet random made choosing Travis as our realtor an easy decision.

Travis was fantastic at getting back to us quickly regarding any questions we had and with getting showings setup for houses we were interested in. His insight into the market and the houses we looked at was invaluable. He showed us every house we wanted to see, even those he knew we weren't likely to go with. We ended up purchasing a very nice house and were able to get a great price on it. I've already recommended Travis to a friend of mine and will continue to recommend him to anyone looking to buy or sell. When the time comes to sell my place, Travis will be the first person I call.

Thanks for all your help Travis and thanks again for the Brian Burke meet and greet!

Cheers!

Just a quick aside, a friend of mine did recommend a realtor and wanting to do my full research into something so important I did consider her, but her website was awful (think goecities bad). I pulled Travis' site up and this other realtor's and showed them both to the girlfriend, flipping back and forth between them (kind of like an optometrist - "better or worse?"). Let this be a lesson, if you need a website for your business, make it look good and be functional. Don't cheap out because it will make you look less professional.
The Following User Says Thank You to codfather For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2016, 03:41 PM   #27
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Thanks again for all of those who have left me a testimonial. Due to access issues I lost my prior google business page and had to start over with reviews. Anyone who feels like copying and pasting their review into the google review will receive a $10 starbucks gift card from me.

Also, does anyone know a better way to get the link to leave reviews vs what I have posted below?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=travi...Munroe+realtor

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 10-19-2016, 07:28 PM   #28
Bend it like Bourgeois
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also overdue but I want to say thanks and give a sincere plug for Travis and his team. He's a pro at what he does, but more than that my wife and I were amazed and really grateful for how well he looked after our interests.

We started with a vague sense of maybe it's time to move. We weren't keen on involving a realtor too early for fear we'd get pushed toward moving, but we didn't feel anything of the sort. We looked for months, on and off, and were never pressured or made to feel like a nuisance. Along the way he always had great questions and insights - pointing out things we hadn't noticed or wouldn't have thought about, explaining what some of the advantages or drawbacks might be, and answering our questions.

When we finally pulled the trigger he did a lot of work to help us come up with a target price, and then negotiated an even better deal. He could easily have just hit the price we gave him and called it a day, and it would have hardly changed his revenue. Beating it was I think a matter of pride for him, but for us it saved a meaningful chunk of actual money. He helped arrange inspections and all the details to make sure it was all low stress and we were thrilled.

The selling process was just as good. He gave us great advice on what to fix up and how to present the house. He did a really thorough evaluation of the area and came up with a listing price. I had a small worry it was too aggressive for this market but he'd done the work and the logic made sense so away we went. We had lots of interest and he kept close to the other realtors so when we got the offer he knew how to play it, and had even been stoking a competitive bid so was able to squeeze out even more. Again I have a ton of respect for the fact that he could have made a deal we could live with and been done, but instead worked every angle to get the most for us.

Even after we took possession of the new place and his work was finished he helped sort out some minor dramas. He didn't have to deal with any of it but he chose to, and made our lives way easier.

Honestly we can't say enough good things. Thanks Travis and team.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bend it like Bourgeois For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #29
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bend it like Bourgeois View Post
Also overdue but I want to say thanks and give a sincere plug for Travis and his team. He's a pro at what he does, but more than that my wife and I were amazed and really grateful for how well he looked after our interests.

We started with a vague sense of maybe it's time to move. We weren't keen on involving a realtor too early for fear we'd get pushed toward moving, but we didn't feel anything of the sort. We looked for months, on and off, and were never pressured or made to feel like a nuisance. Along the way he always had great questions and insights - pointing out things we hadn't noticed or wouldn't have thought about, explaining what some of the advantages or drawbacks might be, and answering our questions.

When we finally pulled the trigger he did a lot of work to help us come up with a target price, and then negotiated an even better deal. He could easily have just hit the price we gave him and called it a day, and it would have hardly changed his revenue. Beating it was I think a matter of pride for him, but for us it saved a meaningful chunk of actual money. He helped arrange inspections and all the details to make sure it was all low stress and we were thrilled.

The selling process was just as good. He gave us great advice on what to fix up and how to present the house. He did a really thorough evaluation of the area and came up with a listing price. I had a small worry it was too aggressive for this market but he'd done the work and the logic made sense so away we went. We had lots of interest and he kept close to the other realtors so when we got the offer he knew how to play it, and had even been stoking a competitive bid so was able to squeeze out even more. Again I have a ton of respect for the fact that he could have made a deal we could live with and been done, but instead worked every angle to get the most for us.

Even after we took possession of the new place and his work was finished he helped sort out some minor dramas. He didn't have to deal with any of it but he chose to, and made our lives way easier.

Honestly we can't say enough good things. Thanks Travis and team.

Thank you very much. I base my business around repeat and referral, therefore the minor details make a major difference.

You and the family were a lot of fun to work with (not completely over yet!!)

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com

Last edited by Travis Munroe; 02-18-2017 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:55 PM   #30
Hevishot
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Shout out to Travis and Justin

A long overdue shout out to Travis and his assistant Justin. They helped us sell our house in airdrie in about 2 weeks and than the real work started. They spent countless nights driving around looking at a pile of houses with us. They never pressured us to make a deal on a house.Travis is honest and is a firm believer in finding you the right house not just any house. The home inspector he uses is also top notch. He was able to steer us away from a couple diy nightmare houses and keep us out of another realtors attempt to start a bidding war on a property. After 3 months of looking we finally found the right place and travis and Justin got the deal done at a price that both my wife and I are happy with. We will definately be using him again when it's time to move again

Thanks for everything and for putting up with me and my wife
Old 07-31-2017, 11:12 PM   #31
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevishot View Post
A long overdue shout out to Travis and his assistant Justin. They helped us sell our house in airdrie in about 2 weeks and than the real work started. They spent countless nights driving around looking at a pile of houses with us. They never pressured us to make a deal on a house.Travis is honest and is a firm believer in finding you the right house not just any house. The home inspector he uses is also top notch. He was able to steer us away from a couple diy nightmare houses and keep us out of another realtors attempt to start a bidding war on a property. After 3 months of looking we finally found the right place and travis and Justin got the deal done at a price that both my wife and I are happy with. We will definately be using him again when it's time to move again

Thanks for everything and for putting up with me and my wife

Just about every stress test possible came up for both of you on this hunt. From missing out on some early contenders to finally getting one only to find out it was falling apart to nothing hitting the market for extended periods of time to having to take a long drive to meet with a lawyer and satisfy a quick deadline.... I felt for both of you but in the end it all worked out (or has almost worked out) and I owe you a bedroom door haha!!!

I look forward to visiting when you are both settled in!!!

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 10-01-2017, 09:23 PM   #32
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

We had a busy year on the real estate front and did 3 transactions with Travis. One: sold a rental property, two: bought a new (to us) home to accommodate a new baby on the way, and three: sold our previous home. I feel like each situation required a different skill set from a realtor to help us with our needs, and Travis exceeded expectations every time. His marketing plans were spot on, we priced our places right for prompt sales, and he made himself available to look at houses on super short notice when we knew we'd be competing with other buyers. Also my husband and I are pretty terrible negotiators and I felt like Travis really looked out for our best interest in each transaction and helped us maximize our sale prices.

He also had great contacts for home inspection, asbestos testing, and Legal assistance. AND when everything was crazy and we were moving, painting, taking possession and releasing possession all within about 5 days, AND I got put on bedrest, Travis really helped out with little things that were actually hugely helpful things for us - picking up keys and running them all over town, letting in some trades/workers when we were crunched for time, and helping us make sure our old house was 100% clean and shiny for the new owners to take possession.

Really great experience. Thanks Travis.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:41 PM   #33
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

I saw Peanut's post and I thought I had left a testimonial before, but realized that I hadn't...

My wife and I worked extensively with Travis from December 2016 to April 2017. In that period, Travis and his team helped us view a number of properties, answered many, many, many questions, took phone calls, emails and texts late at night, and all the while, he remained professional, friendly, and looked out for our best interests.

Ultimately, in the end, it was his consistent effort that both got our old house sold, and then into our dream house. It was a roller-coaster ride from start to finish, and Travis really did make that process simple, and worry free for us. We also benefitted from his experience with home inspectors, legal help, and mortgage info.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Travis to anyone who is in need of his services. And he's a FLAMES FAN to boot!

Thank you again, Travis, and apologies for taking so long for saying so.

Last edited by ricosuave; 12-30-2017 at 07:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ricosuave For This Useful Post: